Poll: Should Thunderfury go to the MT or Rogue?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That you are bad, because I never had any trouble holding agro with any group, mine or otherwise, nor did any of the other tanks I knew.
    Well, considering ICC is the entire reason Blizzard decided to start scaling tank threat as they had no chance of keeping up with DPS, I'm gonna go with no. Maybe you didn't even realise how fed you were by Tricks and MDs.

Depends on if the tank is gonna get pissed or not. If yes, then the tank. Rogues are a dime a dozen, geared tanks are vital.

TF is a hunter weapon.

In the long haul it is better to give it to a warrior. It is the best tanking weapon throughout all the raids while rogues have better main hands that start dropping in AQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Overwhelmingly it should go to the main tank. Even with a good tank, DPS will need to hold back. The more threat the main tank can put out, the more DPS the entire raid can do. It's a no-brainer.
    Only fight where threat matters rn is onyxia and we 15 manned her last night.

Not saying you're wrong in that it's a tanking weapon, but no DPS has to hold back at the moment, probably wont until lashlayer & nefarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    And you trust Google because? I think YOU should get SMRT.
    Do you not know how googles search results work?

It was always TBC from the start on my server. It was called "THE Burning Crusade" ... Do you also call Wrath WLK?

Forum post from 2006 calling it TBC https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/th...nced.17643411/

Not saying people didn't call it BC, but from my experience from forums etc. of that time, TBC was more popular. At times I will call it just BC, it depends on how the sentence is structured.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-09-18 at 10:06 AM.

you should give to the one not dropping off next month after "completing the game"

As tanking is kinda not needed in classic i would say give it to the rogue.

In vanilla it was for tanks, but players sucked back then and needed geared tanks, in classic you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The fact you have to even ask says a lot.
    Oh yeah, let's create community environments where simply asking is frowned upon, I am sure such a community is fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    And if you played during Burning Crusade, it was always "BC", so, you're wrong.
    People that say things like this are probably people that didn't play TBC.

MMO-Champ thread made in Sept 2007 (sorry that was when the last post was made), asking for pre-TBC servers http://web.archive.org/web/200710131...php?board=3.40

Yet, according to this guy, it was always BC...
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-09-18 at 10:56 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Only fight where threat matters rn is onyxia and we 15 manned her last night.

Not saying you're wrong in that it's a tanking weapon, but no DPS has to hold back at the moment, probably wont until lashlayer & nefarian.
    Oh, so you mean you will need it as soon as it's actually craftable. You can't craft it until BWL comes out.

Yesterday a raid leader in a pug ninjaed a binding from geddon to a guildie lvl 58 rogue called scammer

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Oh, so you mean you will need it as soon as it's actually craftable. You can't craft it until BWL comes out.
    I had actually forgotten about that aspect of the weapon, good catch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    we had a tank on illidan using TF it was a decent weapon seeing as you probably saw more nature damage in tbc from offspecs but the extra threat the proc does create however small is always some extra threat. its possible some ppl used it for the gimmick but i think it still worked fine.
    That was during the pre=Wrath patch wasn't it?

I say that because there's a devilsaur in one under Big Red, and exotic tames weren't a thing until that patch.

Also, cannot see any Thunderfury in either pic.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

I say that because there's a devilsaur in one under Big Red, and exotic tames weren't a thing until that patch.

Bottom right of second pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

Then you need to look closer, because I can clearly see a warrior with Thunderfury on his back on both pictures.

Any guild that gives any bindings to anything else than a warrior, is not a serious guild. IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Bottom right of second pic.
    yeah the dudes armory is here It been a long time since the end of tbc, it likely was the end, maybe just before he was nerfed by 50% but the kill might have happened the day that nerf happened. I think warriors can probably tank with a large bone, thunderfury was likely not that bad still at illidan, there were likely better tps weapons. Its possible there was no ele shaman in the raid but i'd guess TF's debuff has some effect on rogue poisons. lower resistances = less chance to resist.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-18 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troosevelt View Post
    I'm surprised some people voted rogue TBH.
    Understandable, most players assume the tank isn't a complete noob and can generate enough threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Maybe you didn't even realise how fed you were by Tricks and MDs.
    Again, like I already told you, we didn't even have rogues or hunters in our group.

Blizzard commonly balances for the lowest common denominator, AKA, the bad tanks who couldn't do it on their own.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Again, like I already told you, we didn't even have rogues or hunters in our group.

Blizzard commonly balances for the lowest common denominator, AKA, the bad tanks who couldn't do it on their own.
    Mm, I'm sure that's what happened. I'm probably just a bad tank. Having tanked some of the hardest raids, challenge modes, M+, proving grounds endless 30+, were all probably flukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    !!NUCLEAR TAKE!!

Rogue but NOT for the damage but the threat. Yup, I'm talking about Rogue Tanking. Let me explain, Warriors already excel so much with threat, at this point they're are "over-threating" and are just a solution for people who can't manage their threat or messup. Players in a good guild should not come close to a warrior's threat at all. I will concede Tfury is good for progression and world first. But if you don't foresee guild progress/world firsts in the next few weeks or months, give tfury to the rogue. You would not believe the threat bump that tfury gives to rogues were talking massive amounts. Obv there's a great deal that goes into rogue tanking but I won't go into it here, unless you are interested.

If you're in a guild that is new to WoW than yes give it to warriors.

Sincerely,
    a warrior tank & rogue tank w/tfury who tanked AQ.
    I don't think you understand Warrior tanking at all

Warriors are not "over-threating" at all and the current end game meta is to actually dual-wield as a warrior to squeeze out every single ounce of threat possible to give the DPS'ers more room
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.