Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Many specs have competitive builds, but this being Vanilla, require very specific items to achieve these builds. And by competitive I mean they will do respectable DPS, they still won't match the Big 3 (Warrior, Rogue, Mage) but they will be in the general wheel house. There are decent builds out there for ShadowPriest, Ele/Enh Shaman, FateDagger Rogue (prior to P6), etc... Will you be top dps, not really, but can you sneak up there if you have the right items, sure. If you are mid pack in the Mages you are doing fine. People get excited over min max but these are 40 man, ez raids, all DPS will have a spot. A raid of druids can down these bosses.

Very nice bait thread OP, you've gotten 10 pages of replies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...1000#class=DPS

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...#class=Healers

These specs are ridiculously overtuned. Classes like hunter, paladin, druid and shaman have absolutely no chance at performing on a viable level. I understand people want no changes but if the tuning looks this bad (PS this tuning is worse than BFA) then I do not understand why the game is getting so much praise.

It's a shame when half of the classes in the game are not viable. I think of this as an absolute development failure.
    Uh... because people have known this for 15 years. People have LITERALLY been discussing this for over a year just in Classic forums.

That's your problem. I think of this as an absolute reading comprehension failure.

The only class that seems obviously overpowered right now (at least to me) is Mage. They definitely need to address this, or it's gonna be World of Magecraft from here on out.
    I'd say a good approach for Blizzard is buffing mobs, rather than nerfing players. Slap some extra frost resist on the mobs in SM and ZF, for example, and there goes the AOE group spam. And the best part is, they didn't change mages. They just steered players back to the defined playing field.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    The only class that seems obviously overpowered right now (at least to me) is Mage. They definitely need to address this, or it's gonna be World of Magecraft from here on out.
    I'd say a good approach for Blizzard is buffing mobs, rather than nerfing players. Slap some extra frost resist on the mobs in SM and ZF, for example, and there goes the AOE group spam. And the best part is, they didn't change mages. They just steered players back to the defined playing field.
    Why are you playing on Classic servers if you don't want to play Classic?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I didn't want to appear too opinionated but....yeah it's hard to disagree with your statement on classes.I'm not gonna say that BfA is garbage,but yeah I'm not a fan of classes not having anything unique anymore
    so i guess you never played past cata if you can make this statement, right?

Why scream for nerfs on a mmo fansite? Also #nochanges

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Yeah, thats what I said. Any spec is viable.
    Warm bodies are viable in molten core.

(that's not a good thing. you can prob wand the entire time and not really hinder your group)

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bait thread, but still I'll bite and agree with some of you.
    This is about 15 years too late.
    It's classic wow, in all its 1.12 glory.

These specs are ridiculously overtuned. Classes like hunter, paladin, druid and shaman have absolutely no chance at performing on a viable level. I understand people want no changes but if the tuning looks this bad (PS this tuning is worse than BFA) then I do not understand why the game is getting so much praise.

It's a shame when half of the classes in the game are not viable. I think of this as an absolute development failure.
    I'm guessing you never played vanilla? Meters aren't everything. The specs doing the most damage are generally pure damage classes. That's...what they do. In Classic, you're actually playing a Role Playing Game. You fill a role. That means you aren't going to be shit-hot at everything, you'll be good at some things. Think of it like this: You have three bars. Healing, Damage, Utility. You have a finite amount of resource that can fill those bars. You fill up healing, you're going to suck at dmg and general utility. You fill up Utility, well, healing and damage will take a hit. Now some class specific things.

Hunter: Trueshot Aura is an enormous buff and hunters bring amazing utility with their myriad traps, kiting abilities, misdirects, and tranq shots. They don't do as much damage because they bring more utility.

Paladin: Blessings...Auras...Judgements. Paladins bring utility in fucking spades man! Divine intervention! They make decent healers for raids and a well geared Ret even can fit into a raiding environment. I have no idea why you included pallys on your list. Yes, they're not top damage. Wahhh. They have incredible utility.

Druid: Bruh. Druids are awesome raid healers and also pack utility. Innervate is a must have. Combat res is a must have. The ability to switch roles on the fly is incredibly powerful if properly utilized.

Shamans: Again...utility!

Every spec has something it excels at as well. And that's okay. You seem very narrowly focused on maxing meters.

- - - Updated - - -

Strongest Raid dps. I can melt any of these dudes with my 'meme' spec shadow priest, who is also viable in raid environments btw.

You open warcraft logs, you lose.

Don't come to classic, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    so i guess you never played past cata if you can make this statement, right?
    I've played from Vanilla's launch to 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    I'm guessing you never played vanilla? Meters aren't everything. The specs doing the most damage are generally pure damage classes. That's...what they do. In Classic, you're actually playing a Role Playing Game. You fill a role. That means you aren't going to be shit-hot at everything, you'll be good at some things. Think of it like this: You have three bars. Healing, Damage, Utility. You have a finite amount of resource that can fill those bars. You fill up healing, you're going to suck at dmg and general utility. You fill up Utility, well, healing and damage will take a hit. Now some class specific things.

Hunter: Trueshot Aura is an enormous buff and hunters bring amazing utility with their myriad traps, kiting abilities, misdirects, and tranq shots. They don't do as much damage because they bring more utility.

Paladin: Blessings...Auras...Judgements. Paladins bring utility in fucking spades man! Divine intervention! They make decent healers for raids and a well geared Ret even can fit into a raiding environment. I have no idea why you included pallys on your list. Yes, they're not top damage. Wahhh. They have incredible utility.

Druid: Bruh. Druids are awesome raid healers and also pack utility. Innervate is a must have. Combat res is a must have. The ability to switch roles on the fly is incredibly powerful if properly utilized.

Shamans: Again...utility!

Every spec has something it excels at as well. And that's okay. You seem very narrowly focused on maxing meters.

- - - Updated - - -

Strongest Raid dps. I can melt any of these dudes with my 'meme' spec shadow priest, who is also viable in raid environments btw.
    And then the Warrior with the raid 2hand and his Paladin with Blessing of Freedom or his Shaman with his Windfury totem/Purge 1 shots you and your whole post goes to the pile it belongs.

The trash.

Utility in Classic in 2019 exists only for the bad players that dont want to get better or accept how the game works, because its 2019.

Find a Warrior friend and keep the Frost Nova off him, dominate the game bro.

PS. I am not saying you wont randomly kill a Warrior because your PW:S wont give him Rage, i am saying when you, and your healer start a fight, with a Warrior and his healer, you are gonna end up 2 shotted, and he is gonna go to the next Warrior 2man for some sort of gameplay that lasts more than 2 globals.

Warm bodies are viable in molten core.

(that's not a good thing. you can prob wand the entire time and not really hinder your group)
    That's because we're overgearing it (and even that wasn't needed for those who knew what we're doing) and playing on 1.12 balance changes, both which came after MC in Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

People fell for a troll post
    Being offended is cool and trendy now, don't be a sheep.

I've played from Vanilla's launch to 8.2
    ah, so lfr and heroic 5mans only then, cus noone with a lick of sense would ever make this statement.

ah, so lfr and heroic 5mans only then, cus noone with a lick of sense would ever make this statement.
    Ah yes,the good old ad hominem attack,truly the mark of a well built argument

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    That's because we're overgearing it (and even that wasn't needed for those who knew what we're doing) and playing on 1.12 balance changes, both which came after MC in Vanilla.
    I like how you're running under the assumption that launch talents/tuning would make a difference.
    Don't pirate server kids do the exact same on "pRoGreSSivE sErveRs?"

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes,the good old ad hominem attack,truly the mark of a well built argument
    how is that an ad-hominem? You're saying that classes in 8.2 don't bring anything unique. You'd have to not have any idea how anything works to make that statement and have that be the hill you die on

posting classic logs fking lmao dude.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    And then the Warrior with the raid 2hand and his Paladin with Blessing of Freedom or his Shaman with his Windfury totem/Purge 1 shots you and your whole post goes to the pile it belongs.

The trash.

Utility in Classic in 2019 exists only for the bad players that dont want to get better or accept how the game works, because its 2019.

Find a Warrior friend and keep the Frost Nova off him, dominate the game bro.

PS. I am not saying you wont randomly kill a Warrior because your PW:S wont give him Rage, i am saying when you, and your healer start a fight, with a Warrior and his healer, you are gonna end up 2 shotted, and he is gonna go to the next Warrior 2man for some sort of gameplay that lasts more than 2 globals.
    I hAve tO ReStaRt thE saMe diScUsSion ThAt gOt Us rEtAil

Just play the game for fucks sake and don't get so hard on the cutting edge competitive shit that you seem to be imagining. You can be anyone and beat everyone no matter the comp, just be better. But more importantly, just try to have fun. Dying to a warrior should not stop you from having fun.