Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Bee Mount Preview, Pirate's Day Sale

Stormsong Valley’s Newest Hive is the Bee’s Knees
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Stormsong Valley’s beekeepers report that a buzzare pheromenon is about to take place in the region.

Swarm Stormsong Valley
    In the next few weeks, savvy insect enthusiasts will be able to uncover the secrets of a new hive in the mountains of Stormsong Valley. Perhaps a small companion will be able to show you the way . . .

Long Live the Queen
    Alliance players can work with Barry the Beekeeper to locate Stormsong Valley’s newest hive and court the favor of the Hivemother in order to purchase bee-themed items and earn a new bumble bee mount, the Honeyback Harvester.

While most Harvesters dream only of honey and flowers, this adventurous specimen looks to the wide world beyond Stormsong Valley.

The Butterfly Effect
    Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee with these new battle pets.

Papi: Legend has it that these purple butterflies came from a place called Devil’s Island.
    Drop: Fresh Jelly Deposit in Stormsong Valley.

Sunsoaked Flitter: The wings of this butterfly start off with no distinct color, but slowly change to yellow as they spend time in the sunlight.
    Drop: Fresh Jelly Deposit in Stormsong Valley.

Crimson Skipper: This butterfly is stained red from the blood of its enemies.
    Drop: Honey Smasher.

Both Horde and Alliance players can add these beauties to their bug collection!

Land of Milkweed and Honey
    As you work toward earning the Hivemother’s favor, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for hidden treasures.

Praise the Sun
    If you see a ray of light, follow it—at the other end you may encounter some beeing that could use your assistance. Helpful heroes will be granted sweet rewards including the Glyph of Dire Bees which can be looted by Hunters from both factions.

Pest Patrol
    New creatures have swarmed the area. Squash them for a chance to collect unique loot.

Head over to Stormsong Valley in the next couple of weeks to discover what lies in store for you!

Pirate's Day Blizzard Sale
    Prepare for International Talk Like a Pirate Day and Save 50% Today
    Don’t miss out on a steal of a deal just in time for International Talk Like a Pirate Day. For a limited time, you can get 50% off* the regular price of the Dreadwake mount and Cap’n Crackers pet.**

Set Sail on the Dreadwake Mount
    True to nautical tradition, the Dreadwake pirate ship mount has a unique figurehead inspired by an unknown kraken-faced god of the deeps

Get yours now from the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop.

Adopt Cap’n Crackers
    This plucky feathered friend is just the companion you need on your swashbuckling adventures through Kul Tiras, Zandalar, and beyond. Adopt yours today from the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop!

Sail the high seas with Cap'n Crackers, the baby parrot, perched on your shoulder.

*Sale ends September 20, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. PDT.
    **Dreadwake Mount and Cap’n Crackers not available in World of Warcraft® Classic.

Pirates Day - September 19th
    Pirate's Day is coming to Azeroth tomorrow!
    Hoist sail and make way for Booty Bay because Pirate’s Day begins September 19!

Bring Your Sea Shanty to Booty Bay
    Pirates have taken over the goblin town of Booty Bay and Captain DeMeza is recruiting any scurvy dog she can into her buccaneer ranks. Visit her or her henchmen in the capital cities if the pirate’s life is for you!

Feeling out of place in Booty Bay without a proper costume? Don’t worry. /Dance one little jig with the Dread Captain DeMeza and she’ll be impressed enough to press you into her crew and outfit you properly. If you get attached to your new look, you can do the quest You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat! Succeed, and you’ll get an Emergency Pirate Outfit (or five) for when Pirate’s Day is but a distant memory and your inner pirate is clawing to get out.

What good is a pirate without an avian companion on their shoulder? Captain DeMeza (for the exchange of a few shiny coins) can help you call forth a temporary companion named Petey to take with you wherever you sail.

From time to time the captain will shout for a brave party to take on a terror of the deeps–an elite shark known as Ol’Eary. Make sure you have a hearty crew with you or you could become just so much chum in the waters of the bay.

Join the Beach Party

Once you and your crew have helped the captain handle Ol’Eary, you can celebrate with the crew at a little beach party just south of Booty Bay. Those with the Feat of Strength "Advast Ye, Admiral" can also purchase a toy from Edward Techt–the Jolly Roger to show off their dedication to the cause.

If you’re really feeling generous, you can also purchase a Big Bag of Booty from Captain DeMeza and spread the wealth around to all your pirate pals in a burst of glittery glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I take it the bee mount is still only usable by Alliance?

Typical. Alliance get access to both a mount and a rep that the Horde don’t have and before someone points at Kua’fon or Child of Torcali, both of those mounts can be used on Alliance toons once earned on Horde and they don’t have a reputation associated with them.

Those pesky salespeople up to no good as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Typical. Alliance get access to both a mount and a rep that the Horde don’t have and before someone points at Kua’fon or Child of Torcali, both of those mounts can be used on Alliance toons once earned on Horde and they don’t have a reputation associated with them.
    finally some justice

Getting Cap'in Crackers. Bee mount I might grind, unlike the giant crab it's something I'd like to ride.

Sorry dude. If it makes you feel better, here's a horse to cheer you up. You don't need to give it back, one less horse won't make a difference.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I am sorry I can't hear your complaints over the sound of all the horses the alliance has gotten stuck with this expansion for faction mounts.

Alliance bringing up their horses, like clockwork.
    Imagine choosing the play the blandest, most generic cookie-cutter human races in a fantasy game with tons of unique and novel options and then being mad that said humans ride generic horses.

Then get it and use it on your Alliance characters. Don't use it on your Horde characters. I'm sure you probably have Alliance characters that this bee mount will look good on, just like the Alliance has a lot of mounts only it can use and Horde, the same. (And if you don't have any Alliance characters, you're missing a lot more than a bee.)

Also, my 3,000 horses say hi.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malrune View Post
    Alliance bringing up their horses, like clockwork.
    Imagine choosing the play the blandest, most generic cookie-cutter human races in a fantasy game with tons of unique and novel options and then being mad that said humans ride generic horses.
    Last time I checked goats elf’s dwarfs and gnomes are not humans.

To be honest, the Alliance horses would be improved 100% if they animated like actual bloody horses rather than spastic dogs. Just look how their front legs bend awkwardly in walking. Coming from BOTW it's especially egregious.

On topic: Not buying store mounts the moment they come out pays off again! ^_^
    Wonder if they'll discount the pig someday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    finally some justice
    "fInAlLy SoMe JuStIcE"

No it's not. It's a plainly retarded move because it breaks both the number of reputations and mounts collectable between factions.

P.s. Okay, I think it evens the number of mounts out because Horde had the Pterrordax recolors after getting Pathfinder. Nearly forgot about those. But I don't remember Horde having any specific reputations without Alliance counterpart.

So you get your unique bees for recolors that Horde got. Can you now please shut up with your horses?
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-09-18 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Alliance whining about getting horses. Jesus. I’d love to get horses over all these fucking goofy dinosaurs. Horses and Gryohons are my favourite mounts.

Either way, doesn’t change the fact that Alliance characters now get a +1 to their mount count that Horde don’t get. I’d happily have a Horde horse as our equivalent, I’d use it a lot more than a bee.

Complaining that the Horde is missing a reputation grind. Gee whiz, I'm sure sad that I don't have more grinding to do. Whatever will I do with my time. This is so unfair. Please, please, Blizz, find a way to insert some more grinding into the game for Horde, because I can't stand that Alliance has more than me.

[/sarcasm]

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    To be honest, the Alliance horses would be improved 100% if they animated like actual bloody horses rather than spastic dogs. Just look how their front legs bend awkwardly in walking. Coming from BOTW it's especially egregious.

On topic: Not buying store mounts the moment they come out pays off again! ^_^
    Wonder if they'll discount the pig someday as well.
    If I remember correctly either all or most of them are on sale around Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    Complaining that the Horde is missing a reputation grind. Gee whiz, I'm sure sad that I don't have more grinding to do. Whatever will I do with my time. This is so unfair. Please, please, Blizz, find a way to insert some more grinding into the game for Horde, because I can't stand that Alliance has more than me.

[/sarcasm]
    If you just need one more reputation till 100 then a current one is 1000 times easier than the likes of Ravenholdt or Steamwheedle (which I have tortured me for several days with).
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-09-18 at 07:33 PM.

Only for Alliance that would suck...

10+ Year Old Account

I don't see it stated anywhere in this news that Horde can't even use it after it is earned, so why is that the assumption? (and so strong of an assumption that we'd get upset over it) Is there more information elsewhere?

I haven't followed any information on it if they've confirmed elsewhere that Horde can't even use it, but it would make sense if it just functioned like Kaufon.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Alliance whining about getting horses. Jesus. I’d love to get horses over all these fucking goofy dinosaurs. Horses and Gryohons are my favourite mounts.

Either way, doesn’t change the fact that Alliance characters now get a +1 to their mount count that Horde don’t get. I’d happily have a Horde horse as our equivalent, I’d use it a lot more than a bee.
    So you don't even like the bee? Why do you care then?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't see it stated anywhere in this news that Horde can't even use it after it is earned, so why is that the assumption? (and so strong of an assumption that we'd get upset over it) Is there more information elsewhere?

I haven't followed any information on it if they've confirmed elsewhere that Horde can't even use it, but it would make sense if it just functioned like Kaufon.
    It was marked as Alliance use only on PTR which is in line with it a reputation mount (unlike Kuafon).