Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    And to be honest, Sargeras killed them all by himself. Pretty fair trade, to be honest.
    Aggramar was dead already. I think it made the difference then.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I expect that a boss gets more done then taunting us and dying.
    Like killing whole raid (Lich King, Argus)?

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Bit hard for an old God to be a threat.
    It is basicly a big jelly fish that cant move or very very slow.

It is a threat to the titan Azeroth but to the races on Azeroth..
    It has no movement and is so big that you see any actions from it from miles away.

The threat needs to come from its army, if it has any other then the Naga.
    That's like saying that Sargeras is just a giant guy with sword who can't teleport very well, or saying that the Lich King is basically a prince with a fancy sword and crown. Yes, that's what they are, but they are all immensely dangerous threats in their own right. Y'shaarj was very dangerous dead and in pieces, and C'thun and Yogg Saron were incredibly powerful and influential while shackled and heavily suppressed. N'zoth was nearly able to cause the Hour of Twilight shackled at the bottom of the sea. Olg Gods aren't immobile jellyfish, they monolithic deities of madness and apocalypse that have the capacity to be even worse if they manage to succeed in corrupting Azeroth.

That said, N'zoth is going to end up as a loot pinata all the same so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Difficulty wise? Mythic Kil'jaeden.
    I meant in lore. But yeah, mythic Kil'jaeden is even hard right now when you're pugging it with random people.

Well, at least Deathwing fucked over the whole world, and one would think that he isn't anywhere near the power level as even the least of the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Aggramar was dead already. I think it made the difference then.
    Well, he was dead bc Sargeras killed him moments before his fight with the rest of the Pantheon, and that was after the two already had a pretty big fight.
    Sargeras is lore-wise the most powerful titan of them all, with the exception of Azeroth, and the fel made him powerful enough to kill all the titans himself. Thats just a fact, he simply is that OP

He already is, Azshara's warbringer video made sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, at least Deathwing fucked over the whole world, and one would think that he isn't anywhere near the power level as even the least of the Old Gods.

A dragon can move around and do damage.
    Sofar as we know it a old God cant move outside of its tenticals what becomes a problem in being a threat.

The old gods we fought were not only diminished in power, but in size. C'thun & Yogg-Saron fights in AQ and Uld were not in their prime. They were shriveled and tiny. I believe Yogg-Saron's full size was said to be that of Northrend.

N'Zoth is not chained up, weakened, or imprisoned any longer. This is the first time we'd be encountering a true old god. Which is also why I doubt we'll actually kill him in BfA, if at all. I hope in the next expansion, they do justice to the sense of scale that comes with fighting an unleashed Old God.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

If n'zoth was a joke we would have seen him when azshara died, we barely saw anything. And no, disagreeing with other people, n'zoth will be huge, not just argus kind of huge, he is way too big, like a continent, supposedly. For us to defeat him we would need the help of everyone (and not everyone against each other). The point is that it's always the same, big bad - everyone is fighting. It's stagnating. Also because old god influence is about chaos, confusion. People get fighting and against each other. Giving them strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    If he's a boss he'll die.

I just wish we had an expansion where instead of beating up the loot boxes we're trying to maintain our ground (and loosing a fair part of it for the whole expansion).

At the end, we have lost so much, even capitals, and we get to fight with our backs to the wall.
    Would be definitely interesting. Like fighting the Legion, but instead of propagated mobs, it was all done by an old god.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-19 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I agree that we shouldn't have fought any of those, especially the titans, but disagree with the argument. No one here is on the same level as N'zoth except possibly Argus. Again, the dude is a continent sized tumor. Aggrammar was an avatar, Azshara was a minion to N'zoth, so nowhere near his league and KJ and Archi were at about his level.

As for the Legion in general though, yeah, winning against the Legion was patently ridiculous, they should've glassed this planet with ease.
    usualy when we face big lore bosses we get help,but sometimes i just dont get it....against archimonde and kj who did we have?a bunch of normal mortals like khadgar,grommash,velen,illlidan,sure velen and illidan are strong when it comes to ''normal'' beings,but kj and archi are like gods by comparison,i guess maybe its because of the huge power we spend infusing in the legend ring and artefact that helps us close in the gap?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    He's, afaik, the weakest of the old gods, and we've defeated one with titan keeper help, and one by ourselves.

Unless he somehow resurrects the rest, won't he just become one big joke?
    I find it weird that people think he will resurrect the other Old Gods. Considering their nature is to fight each other (with the ultimate goal being to devour the others) he'd be screwed if the other three somehow came back since they were stronger than him.

Anyway, yes. N'Zoth will be a push-over, even unchained (keep in mind the titan Keepers were enough to beat them in ancient times, so we shouldn't have a lot of trouble considering our inconsistent power levels). I bet he won't even be continent-sized.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-09-19 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    He's, afaik, the weakest of the old gods, and we've defeated one with titan keeper help, and one by ourselves.

Unless he somehow resurrects the rest, won't he just become one big joke?
    I mean that MIGHT be their only saving grace is that Yogg was pretty much free as well (there were broken chains in the room and he controlled his jailers), but we had their help. Then again it seems we have help all the time now in some way. Nzoth had his ass kicked twice(daddy OG and titans) so he really should be pretty maimed in general though.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Bit hard for an old God to be a threat.
    It is basicly a big jelly fish that cant move or very very slow.

It is a threat to the titan Azeroth but to the races on Azeroth..
    It has no movement and is so big that you see any actions from it from miles away.

The threat needs to come from its army, if it has any other then the Naga.
    Old Gods are immobile, but they aren't powerless because of that. They use void energies and psychic power to overwhelm enemies (like Y'Shaarj did with the titan Keepers and the titan-forged armies).

By the way, they spawn massive armies from "organic matter" that seeps off their bodies, so it shouldn't be lacking in forces (unless they keep N'Zoth as just a cloud of smoke like in the Eternal Palace cinematics).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-09-19 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    He's doomed because he's shunted off to die one patch after being freed.

Logically though he should curbstomp us as he's a fully freed old god, and they're continent-sized monsters. The others were all chained up.
    I'm sorry what? Yogg not only had broken his chains(you see them in the room), but he controlled his jailers for a good while. Cthun was pretty much free during the original war with his minions as well, but they were able to seal him inside. I don't think the devs had the foresight about what they were doing with them at the time so there's neither broken nor intact chains in there so it's really hard to tell what the intent was. However, for all intents and purposes he pretty much was free as well.

You do realize they aren't really "mobile" so Nzoth being free simply means he's not suppressed. His body is still exactly where it has been.

@Theoris The only Old God that is truly dead is Y'shaarj. Old gods that players have faced were not their actual form, only physical apparitions/Illusions. Weakened out by confronting the titans. We never fought against one directly because of how big they are and we lack resources to fight them.
    When we defeated those avatars of them, those apparitions, we have only delayed their awakening. N'zoth being imprisoned was weak but with Queen Azshara's help and us "healing" Azeroth we made him free.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I find it weird that people think he will resurrect the other Old Gods. Considering their nature is to fight each other (with the ultimate goal being to devour the others) he'd be screwed if the other three somehow came back since they were stronger than him.

Anyway, yes. N'Zoth will be a push-over, even unchained (my money's on us using the Heart of Azeroth to blast him with a big friendship beam). I bet he won't be continent-sized.
    I don't know if I recall them saying they'd devour the other. It was more like the race of a sperm to the egg sort of thing, but killing another would limit competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    @Theoris The only Old God that is truly dead is Y'shaarj. Old gods that players have faced were not their actual form, only physical apparitions/Illusions. Weakened out by confronting the titans. We never fought against one directly because of how big they are and we lack resources to fight them.
    When we defeated those avatars of them, those apparitions, we have only delayed their awakening. N'zoth being imprisoned was weak but with Queen Azshara's help and us "healing" Azeroth we made him free.
    This is 100% a lie. Both Cthun and Yogg have been confirmed dead MANY times. The only manifestations of them were the eye in the Twin Emps room and Sera. The forms we fought were their bodies and they are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

If n'zoth was a joke we would have seen him when azshara died, we barely saw anything. And no, disagreeing with other people, n'zoth will be huge, not just argus kind of huge, he is way too big, like a continent, supposedly. For us to defeat him we would need the help of everyone (and not everyone against each other). The point is that it's always the same, big bad - everyone is fighting. It's stagnating. Also because old god influence is about chaos, confusion. People get fighting and against each other. Giving them strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be definitely interesting. Like fighting the Legion, but instead of propagated mobs, it was all done by an old god.
    No we wouldn't need everyone, but he can emerge in places we already have been since his body is under it. All we need to do is find whatever his vital organ is and where it is and attack it and dead just like the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Well, he was dead bc Sargeras killed him moments before his fight with the rest of the Pantheon, and that was after the two already had a pretty big fight.
    Sargeras is lore-wise the most powerful titan of them all, with the exception of Azeroth, and the fel made him powerful enough to kill all the titans himself. Thats just a fact, he simply is that OP
    Well and it was also that the titans were exceptionally weak to fel so it's like the Wicked Witch of the West and water.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I don't know if I recall them saying they'd devour the other. It was more like the race of a sperm to the egg sort of thing, but killing another would limit competition.
    Xal'atath mentioned that only one Old God would remain to consume Azeroth.

It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Xal'atath mentioned that only one Old God would remain to consume Azeroth.
    Consume the world, not the other old gods. They're essentially parasitic sperm that are sentient. Chronicle pretty much stated void lords shot numerous out not knowing if any would even land or if they'd get killed etc so essentially that's what she's saying. More than one can't infect a sleeping titan and they just resorted to infighting a lot and power struggles to ensure they'd be the one to do it.

@Theoris The only Old God that is truly dead is Y'shaarj.
    They're dead, but they haunt the areas they died in (the Sha in Pandaria, the Saronite echoes in Ulduar, C'thun's corpse mutating Cho'gall).

Old gods that players have faced were not their actual form, only physical apparitions/Illusions.
    Source on that? Everything so far has stated they were imprisoned when we fought them.