Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Every fucking time someone posts this I feel a part of my patience permanently die. That isn't the case a majority of the time, because A)most hit-scan DPS players are terrible, B)Pharah has a DPS teammate and and a support teammate on the ground to help them and to make your hitscan life a hell, and C) if the Pharah has any sort of sense on her she will zero in on your hit-scan and take him head-on, likely winning.

It's never as simple as Pharah seeing a hit-scan and immediately capitulating, going 'well I guess me and Mercy will just switch then'.

Too many people demand a hitscan DPS and then do nothing to support that hitscan versus Pharmercy. Fucking infuriating.
    i feel this exact same way when the team tries to throw winston at a widowmaker and thinks shes magically gonna implode out of nowhere... or that her x5 teammates are gonna just politely let winston go through them to kill her.... in addition to that you would think a widowmaker who skilled enough to make your team complain about her... is seasoned enough to stall/juke winston long properly.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Here's the thing. I won all 5 healing and tanking placement matches. I had at least three golds in every match averaged less than 1 death and had 6 PotG. My tank rank was 560, my healer rank was 544. I lost all 5 damage placements, maybe had a couple of silver or bronze medals, died way more than I should and my damage rank was 980.

Good healers in that low of a rank have nonshotnof moving up either.
    I hear you. These kinds of games are with different roles are not made for healers to solo que in, you usually end up being the best player on the team.

If you play healer or shield tank, get some friends who can dps.
    Good DPS is really important in the same way a good AD carry is important in LoL.

I don’t mind the lock, but it hasn’t fixed many issues. It’s nice having games where people don’t instalock 4-5 damage dealers and then complain to each other and get tilted before the doors even open. It’s also nice having a solid idea that people queueing into those roles have an idea of what they are doing in them, instead of getting the odd games of 2-3 Mercy mains in 1 game (just an example).
    On the other hand, the same issues still arise: people refusing to swap to anything after their 1st pick even though they get hard countered. People picking a person in group to blame everything on. There are more but don’t want to make a long post about it.
    Overall, I like the system, but just as I thought there are still issues that Blizz can’t or won’t fix.

Hype for it to release to QP as much as it will be disliked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ruins the whole flow and tempo of the game for me.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    It just means players will take some time to ruin this mode again

its unplayable

time for a new game

Thank goodness they released Classic WoW because OW isn't fun anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Role queue and forced 2-2-2 are literally the only reason that I will be playing again, comp trolling and goats in QP/Comp are ruining the game hard core.

Gold elims
    Gold damage
    Gold objective kills.

We lose with the team dying to Symmetra turrets after I've killed both their DPS.

"WIDOW NEEDS TO SWITCH IT'S HER FAULT WE'RE LOSING!"

There isn't a facepalm big enough for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Gold elims
    Gold damage
    Gold objective kills.

We lose with the team dying to Symmetra turrets after I've killed both their DPS.

"WIDOW NEEDS TO SWITCH IT'S HER FAULT WE'RE LOSING!"

There isn't a facepalm big enough for this.
    Tbh it's pretty easy to die to those turrets as a 200HP hero. Especially if all 3 latch onto you and you don't get healed. That slow is murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Tbh it's pretty easy to die to those turrets as a 200HP hero. Especially if all 3 latch onto you and you don't get healed. That slow is murder.
    Well, it's not even just them dying to it. It's all of them dying to it and none of them even thinking to just, you know, kill the turret. I can even have a Winston and he'll just be like "Ooh, pretty beam... oh I'm dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Draakrin View Post
    Role queue and forced 2-2-2 are literally the only reason that I will be playing again, comp trolling and goats in QP/Comp are ruining the game hard core.
    good luck i hope you are 3k+ or you will meet enough people who pick reaper doomfist into a pharah and camp at corners cuz pharah shoots at them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    good luck i hope you are 3k+ or you will meet enough people who pick reaper doomfist into a pharah and camp at corners cuz pharah shoots at them
    I did that the other day. The enemy team had a Pharah/Mercy combo, and the supports were upset that we're not handling it, so the other dps and I said to them "We'll try, but we are playing the heroes we play because we've tried aim heroes and can't do it. Lo and behold, we use Widow/Ashe, then McCree/Soldier and can't hit either of them. And not for lack of trying. The tanks and supports tell the other team in chat to report us for throwing.

That is not the first time I've seen or experienced that phenomenon either. I'll try to shoot at her, but I'm not capable of playing hitscan. It's not a talent I possess, so don't expect anything out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I did that the other day. The enemy team had a Pharah/Mercy combo, and the supports were upset that we're not handling it, so the other dps and I said to them "We'll try, but we are playing the heroes we play because we've tried aim heroes and can't do it. Lo and behold, we use Widow/Ashe, then McCree/Soldier and can't hit either of them. And not for lack of trying. The tanks and supports tell the other team in chat to report us for throwing.

That is not the first time I've seen or experienced that phenomenon either. I'll try to shoot at her, but I'm not capable of playing hitscan. It's not a talent I possess, so don't expect anything out of me.
    I'm similar, I can't hit a Pharah for shit. I can literally more often kill Pharah as Doomfist (it's surprisingly easy if she's not pocketed and you learn a few high ground spots).
    But then again if you're running dubbleshield you can literally just ignore her, lots of people are running Doom/Reaper/Mei/Symm vs. dubbleshield and losing to Pharahs because it's meta in OWL, not understanding that you need to position correctly to nullify the Pharah's impact, otherwise she's just gonna get tonnes of uncontested value.

Quote Originally Posted by Draakrin View Post
    The problem is that you still have a lot of trolling with 2-2-2 lock. You have healers who only want to dps. Healers/Tanks who queue for the loot box so they just do whatever. Sometimes you have dps doing nothing.

Yes, it's good in some ways, but I've also seen a lot of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The problem is that you still have a lot of trolling with 2-2-2 lock. You have healers who only want to dps. Healers/Tanks who queue for the loot box so they just do whatever. Sometimes you have dps doing nothing.

Yes, it's good in some ways, but I've also seen a lot of trolling.
    Yeah but we had trolling before, if anything I think the lock is a net positive. Having two healers means if healing is low you can just ask for more help, rather than the issue of 1 healer being a dps and having to put up with low healing overall. My biggest gripe is probably getting 2 off tanks together but even that is somewhat negated since Sig/Zarya is a surprisingly strong combo if you're aggresive enough to take the space before the enemy can deny it.

I have mixed feelings. I'll happily play as a tank or healer for the sake of quicker queues and try to do so on whatever hero is best - but I see far too many scenarios where people lock in Roadhog or Moira and focus only on doing damage and never trying to heal/defend their allies. Made worse when you get damage dealers who lock in Hanzo or Widowmaker when we need something other than a sniper to join the fray...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    for me role queue in overwatch is desevolutionary.

ow needs a bigger hero pool for that system + a new system should NEVER EVER replace the working one.

Since when blizzard started to be this way? Valve is the only developer that is trustworthy atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I have mixed feelings. I'll happily play as a tank or healer for the sake of quicker queues and try to do so on whatever hero is best - but I see far too many scenarios where people lock in Roadhog or Moira and focus only on doing damage and never trying to heal/defend their allies. Made worse when you get damage dealers who lock in Hanzo or Widowmaker when we need something other than a sniper to join the fray...
    Yes Moira is a good example. People think when they get 4 gold medails with moira they did everything they can to win. Still they dont realize they are the cause of their own loss. Because medails are nothing compared to a strategic use of skills.

In a free Q, Moira dps was totally value pick. Now its a shitshow. i loved to play 2 healers and a moira dps 2 more dps and a tank. Or 5 tanks and 1 Healer. OW used to be fun. Now its stale and dry.

- - - Updated - - -

6 DPS Teamkill is one of the best feelings in OW. But they take away and the peons clap?

I play a the 2 2 2 queue solves. Nothing tbh, People still play tanks and healers like a DPS.

Blizzards just made it more frustrating to account for these people