Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Xal'atath mentioned that only one Old God would remain to consume Azeroth.
    Unless Xal'atath is trolling us.

Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victory. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...erview/28731/7

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    KJ Mythic and Ragnaros 25 Heroic
    Add to the list pre nerf C'thun.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Consume the world, not the other old gods. They're essentially parasitic sperm that are sentient. Chronicle pretty much stated void lords shot numerous out not knowing if any would even land or if they'd get killed etc so essentially that's what she's saying.
    Could also be that, sure.

More than one can't infect a sleeping titan and they just resorted to infighting a lot and power struggles to ensure they'd be the one to do it.
    There was that void-corrupt planet with a world-soul that had several Old Gods on its crust, so I don't know if they fight for the right to corrupt it (unless that was the aftermath and a winner had been 'picked', of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So far all the ''big bads that are supposely oh so scary'' are just a joke or pushovers in WoW. KJ, Azshara, Old Gods, Gul'dan was decent but he never did actual long lasting damage aside from killing a dude. Deathwing was the only one that did actual massive long lasting damage that still reels the world to this day. Sylvanas has made a bunch of em' look like chumps and that's hilarious.

Azshara is specially sad, I expected some massive tidal wave that screwed up a bunch of places screwing people over, but she just sat there so her tentacle daddy hopefully saved her at the last second.
    Wish she did something in Nazjatar than just taunt us. Kind of hoping for the equivalent of what the Paraxis did in Antorus where if you did not hide under a bubble it would kill you. Wish she would send a wave or anything that made her to seem more dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    We fought Argus the Unmaker though (As well as an Argus who got empowered by Sargeras himself). Already defeats the purpose of an Old Gods' power.

- - - Updated - - -

N'zoth will be a joke as much as they made Sargeras a joke. Actually, no, I can't say that, cause Sargeras became the closest to winning in this damn game.
    I missed Antorus progression, but judging by Method's WF and the farm I've been doing, the boss itself seemed to be very underwhelming compared to the power he was supposed to have.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Which boss wasn't a joke? I mean like seriously?
    Ragnaros
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I'm sorry what? Yogg not only had broken his chains(you see them in the room), but he controlled his jailers for a good while. Cthun was pretty much free during the original war with his minions as well, but they were able to seal him inside. I don't think the devs had the foresight about what they were doing with them at the time so there's neither broken nor intact chains in there so it's really hard to tell what the intent was. However, for all intents and purposes he pretty much was free as well.

You do realize they aren't really "mobile" so Nzoth being free simply means he's not suppressed. His body is still exactly where it has been.
    Yogg was literally just a head poking out of the ground. The mass of Yogg stretched across the entirety of Northrend. C'thun was described as near death by the time we actually got to him and was only starting to recover. N'zoth by contrast is that big blob that Azshara saw when she sank and has never suffered much in the way of damage.

As for whether he's mobile or not, if he's not mobile that actually gives him an even bigger advantage since he's not just a giant blob, he's also a giant bob at the bottom of the sea, limiting the ways he should be able to be attacked while he plunges his tentacles into Azeroth's tender nether regions. Of course, he won't do this because we are the protagonists, but you catch my drift. In any case I think purely because of gameplay concerns he'll be resized to at most zone-size and at worst avatar-size.

@deenman

Archi is nonsense. Guy was invulnerable to basic everything we threw at him back in WC3 and needed all the wisps to blow themselves to take him out. There's no way that twenty dudes, khadgar and a guy with a really sharp axe would have a chance. Hell, even if all those draenei and frostwolves in the cinematic were involved it'd be stupid. If I wanted to contrive a reason, and I don't, I'd go with the ring carrying the power of the furies (Horde-side) doing what the wisps did in terms of the natural world throwing itself at him.

KJ had top tier NPCs and artifact-wielders against him so I can somewhat buy it. And the implication was always that he was less of a driect combat type than Archimonde. Though nothing will make up for the blue balls of setting up a perfect parallel to Archi taking out Dalaran, alluding to Dalaran crashing in the Khadgar video and then just having KJ gormlessly stare at the projection while sending in more of those papier-mache ships.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-09-19 at 07:13 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it's clear that N'zoth is no mere Old God. No other Old God in the game has been ever had a full blown conversation with the player or talked as much in game. He's different I really wouldn't be surprised if he was a void corrupted Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yogg was literally just a head poking out of the ground. The mass of Yogg stretched across the entirety of Northrend. C'thun was described as near death by the time we actually got to him and was only starting to recover. N'zoth by contrast is that big blob that Azshara saw when she sank and has never suffered much in the way of damage.

As for whether he's mobile or not, if he's not mobile that actually gives him an even bigger advantage since he's not just a giant blob, he's also a giant bob at the bottom of the sea, limiting the ways he should be able to be attacked while he plunges his tentacles into Azeroth's tender nether regions. Of course, he won't do this because we are the protagonists, but you catch my drift. In any case I think purely because of gameplay concerns he'll be resized to at most zone-size and at worst avatar-size.

@deenman

Archi is nonsense. Guy was invulnerable to basic everything we threw at him back in WC3 and needed all the wisps to blow themselves to take him out. There's no way that twenty dudes, khadgar and a guy with a really sharp axe would have a chance. Hell, even if all those draenei and frostwolves in the cinematic were involved it'd be stupid. If I wanted to contrive a reason, and I don't, I'd go with the ring carrying the power of the furies (Horde-side) doing what the wisps did in terms of the natural world throwing itself at him.

KJ had top tier NPCs and artifact-wielders against him so I can somewhat buy it. And the implication was always that he was less of a driect combat type than Archimonde. Though nothing will make up for the blue balls of setting up a perfect parallel to Archi taking out Dalaran, alluding to Dalaran crashing in the Khadgar video and then just having KJ gormlessly stare at the projection while sending in more of those papier-mache ships.
    well archi was basicaly a top mage type,and kj was a strategist,and he seems to be melee focused

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Implying he isn’t already.

Old Gods, Legion and their minions are all a joke. We’ve killed titans, a freed old god won’t be a problem for us whatsoever.

Yes he will

everyone is saying "he's the only old god fully unchained" well that would make him unbeatable as the only way the titans/pantheon could defeat them was Aman'thul going giant form and ripping Yshaarj out of the planet, which we learned was a bad idea. So chances are we won't even kill him, we'll seal him away.

Which means we'll prob be given special powers during the fight like Yogg'saron that makes it full easy mode unless they let us turn them off for a hard mode

Consume the world, not the other old gods. They're essentially parasitic sperm that are sentient. Chronicle pretty much stated void lords shot numerous out not knowing if any would even land or if they'd get killed etc so essentially that's what she's saying. More than one can't infect a sleeping titan and they just resorted to infighting a lot and power struggles to ensure they'd be the one to do it.

watch this.
    the entire plot was revealed to you already.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Dunno...how do you define it? Because we eventually killed them and now can solo them in old raids?
    I didn't mean old raids or raids mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ok, fair enough...but again..why? How would you solve that so that lore works with game mechanics?
    Seriously? I wouldn't let players kill the bosses. I'd do something like Antorus.
    For example in TOS - we're not killing Kil'jaeden but his strongest minion(e.g. Sargeras - Argus). And then we're getting 4-5 min cinematic of heroes of Azeroth(real heroes, not players, Khadgar, Illidan, Velen) killing the main boss.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-09-19 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    To be fair what do you mean by not "being joke"? Every boss is killable by players so that mean everyone is a joke? Or you want raids that cant be completed by players? Its pretty simple, theres some events that introduce new raid/boss, then we quest and discover more lore and later we just enter raid and kill the boss. Im not sure what really people expect.
    They expect some threats and entities not to be available for players - just like Titans.

For me, there is no problem to defeat another or Lord of Some Realm, since I understand that gameplay requires it. But they went way too far. We approached the Titans. We defeated Azshara - the most powerful mage on Azeroth. We are about to face the Old God.

Don't you see that the concept of the 'god-like makers' has been simply watered down? I mean, someone said it before me - this is the reason why they keep retconning this story all the time and why they created the idea of Void Lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the other old god's we fought, despite being stronger then N'zoth, where all in a weakened state. We basically beat up old men in hospital beds.

N'zoth should be at his full strength, making him the strongest we've gone up against.

Which would be a first-time for anything god like we've faced being at full power.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    All the other old god's we fought, despite being stronger then N'zoth, where all in a weakened state. We basically beat up old men in hospital beds.

N'zoth should be at his full strength, making him the strongest we've gone up against.

Which would be a first-time for anything god like we've faced being at full power.

For everything that we have faced in demigod/god level power we had a macguffin or deus ex machina all the way back to BC to "justify" us beating extremely powerful beings.

Ilidan - we had maivh and akuma assisting us in the fight

LK - ashbringer & Shadowmourne + deus ex light

DW - All of the aspects + the macguffin

MOP - Black prince & cloaks .. blessings of the xuen nizao etc..

WOD - Khadgar + other heroes directly helping us in the fight + the rings

LEGION - AAALLLL the artifacts & Legendaries + all the blessings and upgrades we collected along the way to make the weapons even stronger +++ the titans assisting us

BFA - hearth of azeroth

We will canonically have someone/something assisting us against nzoth as well to boost us to that level to justify slapping him around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry what? Yogg not only had broken his chains(you see them in the room), but he controlled his jailers for a good while. Cthun was pretty much free during the original war with his minions as well, but they were able to seal him inside. I don't think the devs had the foresight about what they were doing with them at the time so there's neither broken nor intact chains in there so it's really hard to tell what the intent was. However, for all intents and purposes he pretty much was free as well.

You do realize they aren't really "mobile" so Nzoth being free simply means he's not suppressed. His body is still exactly where it has been.
    From my understanding, isn't all the twitching Silithid nests found throughout southern Kalimdor basically C'Thun's body?

The thing with fighting beings that are too small is that once it gets to a point, you can no longer fight them directly - If you slap your arm, do you kill any of the skin mites residing on it? No.

Only way to kill them is to douse yourself with chemicals really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I missed Antorus progression, but judging by Method's WF and the farm I've been doing, the boss itself seemed to be very underwhelming compared to the power he was supposed to have.
    Gameplay and Lore don't equate with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We've killed a titan newborn that had its life force carved off for millenia with the help of the entire rest of the Pantheon while carrying weapons some of which were insanely powerful (I mean Ulthaless was made to kill things like Argus).
    And now we have the power of a world soul around our neck. Plus, Aggramar didn’t require the pantheon’s help.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Which boss wasn't a joke? I mean like seriously?
    25H LK

(in Preach voice) Pre-Nerf Mu'ru

Cthulhu...I mean C'thun
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself