Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    Everyone raiding back then where using the cookiecutter specs also. BIS means nothing in MC, never have. MC was a joke then and is a joke now.

Guess you didn't play in vanilla. Or very late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Doesn't make the point any less true. Many people just copied the popular builds, and even without that there were fairly obvious paths that the majority would take.

The unusual ones just stand out more, which is why they get remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    I played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Those goalposts moved quite a bit when you realized you were wrong.
    I can't tell if you don't play either game or you're trolling. He said while content was current. Aka progression. A year later is not current. No one references the 300th rag kill, no one references end of expac kills. That'd be like arguing Blackfuse dying in 25 seconds a week before WoD means he was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Get your raid to take off their pants and boots = MC is harder.
    This.

now close thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    My mistake... you never saw 1 person with this, so it cannot be true for anyone else in the entire world.

And apparently me saying that I saw many with these issues, means that it was me with the issues...

You have won this argument, here is your participation ribbon.
    One person is not the same as everyone or the majority. So just because you had shitty internet does not mean everyone had it. When WoW was released i had Fiber already. Not everyone had that in my country but no one and i mean no one had anything less than broadband in any country near mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    You're not necessarily wrong. I'm just kinda surprised the no changes people aren't PISSED right now. Maybe cause most of them are not there yet.
    Why would no changes people be pissed? They didn’t change anything. Adding HP would be chasing something and then they would be pissed. There is zero reason or need to do what you are saying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Everyone talks about it as an absolute fact that cannot be denied, im simply asking for someone to link the readily available patch notes outlining these "drastic buffs to dps". Honestly, i dont think it is asking too much at all.

- - - Updated - - -

while it was current?
    Perhaps go look up the patch notes yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am sorry but Classic is not Vanilla. We know more now. We know what to do, bring, avoid and more. The content in classic has gone from a general challenge to a replay, a rerun. Our battles will never reach what they used to back then.
    Well written, Gehco.

People are expecting the game to feel like its first ever play-through in 2004/2005... How naive.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Everyone talks about it as an absolute fact that cannot be denied, im simply asking for someone to link the readily available patch notes outlining these "drastic buffs to dps". Honestly, i dont think it is asking too much at all.
    If you can't be bothered looking through patch notes, use this website https://itemization.info/

Type in any gear piece from your preBiS and see how it changed throughout vanilla.

My preBiS MH weapon wasn't even viable for me until patch 1.10 https://itemization.info/item/13964

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If you can't be bothered looking through patch notes, use this website https://itemization.info/

Type in any gear piece from your preBiS and see how it changed throughout vanilla.

My preBiS MH weapon wasn't even viable for me until patch 1.10 https://itemization.info/item/13964
    Good reply, people often forget most itens were trash.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

One person is not the same as everyone or the majority. So just because you had shitty internet does not mean everyone had it. When WoW was released i had Fiber already. Not everyone had that in my country but no one and i mean no one had anything less than broadband in any country near mine.
    you need to better comprehend reading.

when did I ever say I had shitty internet?

Fiber in 2004? No, you did not.

/end of conversation

I played it.
    Post anything meaningfull to proof that, because EVERYBODY here on MMO is a veteran of vanilla on any polls.

Day 1 > WoW 1.4.0 (05/05/2005)

This is all CASUAL stuff, entry level raiding no hard time commitments needed.

If you did anything above like MC / BWL progression (world/eu top 20/50) its even easier to post proof, since everything is screenshotted all over the web. My day-1 vanilla char is tracked since level 20+, with every guild transfer since 15 years, so its not hard to get any proof from WoW history.
    -

10+ Year Old Account

/end of conversation
    He could have had fiber, he hasn't said what country he is from. In the UK, fiber began its roll out in 2008, so if he is from UK, he's lying.

I had people in my guild that used dial up in vanilla, or people that used a shitty mobile dongle, or even their mobile phone to connect to the internet to play WoW. I would say the majority had normal broadband for that time though, but it was far from perfect. I remember calling BT many times about their shit service.

/end of conversation
    Yes i did have fiber in 2004. Why? Because i do not live in a shithole country. Well i do now, but back then it was kind of good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Post anything meaningfull to proof that, because EVERYBODY here on MMO is a veteran of vanilla on any polls.

Day 1 > WoW 1.4.0 (05/05/2005)

This is all CASUAL stuff, entry level raiding no hard time commitments needed.

If you did anything above like MC / BWL progression (world/eu top 20/50) its even easier to post proof, since everything is screenshotted all over the web. My day-1 vanilla char is tracked since level 20+, with every guild transfer since 15 years, so its not hard to get any proof from WoW history.
    What does those things even have to do with anything?

Achivements where introduced in 2008. And all of the SS you posted are way after that. And can be doctored, like the mount one, why would you get that in 2009 when achivements where around in 2008. And how impressive is it to get "old school stuff" in 2016?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    He could have had fiber, he hasn't said what country he is from. In the UK, fiber began its roll out in 2008, so if he is from UK, he's lying.

I had people in my guild that used dial up in vanilla, or people that used a shitty mobile dongle, or even their mobile phone to connect to the internet to play WoW. I would say the majority had normal broadband for that time though, but it was far from perfect. I remember calling BT many times about their shit service.
    I am from Stockholm, Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I believe you when you say you had fiber.

What does those things even have to do with anything?

Achivements where introduced in 2008. And all of the SS you posted are way after that. And can be doctored, like the mount one, why would you get that in 2009 when achivements where around in 2008. And how impressive is it to get "old school stuff" in 2016?
    Those are time limited achievements from VANILLA. You can not "doctor" them. You got the timestamp when you logged in after 2008 with a specific VANILLA-char. Its not impressive at all, its PROOF that you are not talking out of your behind when you talking about raiding in vanilla.

Are you really that clueless how LEGACY achievements work? At least google some of the achievements or check wowhead data since when those are not available.

You lost with your posting every credibility.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-09-19 at 03:09 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Those are time limited achievements from VANILLA. You can not "doctor" them. You got the timestamp when you logged in after 2008 with a specific VANILLA-char. Its not impressive at all, its PROOF that you are not talking out of your behind when you talking about raiding in vanilla.

Are you really that clueless how LEGACY achievements work? At least google some of the achievements or check wowhead data since when those are not available.

You lost with your posting every credibility.
    Ofc you can doctor them, how naive are you?

You seem to belive that something from 2016 is impressive, that is your thing. And those things dont prove anything.

10+ Year Old Account

Internet in Sweden is not all that representative of the pace of fiber penetration in Europe in general. It's a country that has been very much ahead of the curve compared to otherwise rich and developed ones, such as Germany and France.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    This.

now close thread.
    Funnily enough, unequipping items would still not make a difference.