Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate View Post
    Except not. I don't have to have issues to see a problem with the way you dress.
    Yeah, you do. You have some pretty extreme views in that case.

More like from hearing women confide in me and watching women close to me get abused. I care more than you think, but you and everyone here clearly don't have a very high opinion of me, which I'm fairly certain has been true before I ever opened my mouth.
    Oh. I get it. You're the "Nice Guy".

That explains everything.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, people are entitled to seek what they want. Sexuality can be empowering for many people and if they're in an environment they want to be in, let it be. Generally adult 'halloween parties' are just costumed club parties. People want to mingle, drink, have fun, and/or sleep together. There is no reason to ban sexy costumes from these sort of events, for the same reason you wouldn't ban cut out dresses from the club. If you don't like seeing that sort of stuff, you shouldn't hang out around it and try to police those that do.

It's only trashy if it's some sort of family/community event. Otherwise, Idc. Life's life. Clothing isn't always telling of self worth.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wear what I feel like. Input has been filed away.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

This thread make me laugh. When I was 17 my mother was running a very large charity garage sale. That year we got a TON of Halloween costumes donated and all of the people volunteering wore a costume on the days the sale was open for fun. I choose a sexy witch costume, it was slightly revealing but it was easy to move around it as I was working the sale which a very large warehouse building.

A woman came up to my mom and complained about me, saying "I looked like a whore, slut and she was incredibly offended". My mom replied " That is my daughter, she has been in a long term relationship for 2 years with the same person, works PT, is a straight A student and has put in hundreds of hours volunteering here over the past few months." The woman went silent and just walked away.

I don't understand how people can't see how sexy Halloween costumes won't make people respect them. How is it they don't see how it won't attract the right kind of people when you flaunt your body like that? It only makes people think they're after one thing, and they shouldn't want to have to demean themselves to such a low standard just to impress someone else. Costumes are supposed to show your interests or jokes or personality. Sexy is a personality trait, I guess, but not the kind that would make a partner stick around long term, if there's nothing else there to back it up. Maybe some people are shallow enough that it would be enough for them, but they're not the kind of people that will make you feel good if something happens and you're anything but perfect.

I'm not going to go as far as say that it's the cause of rape like some people, but people aren't going to care as much about your personality if the first thing they see is your body on display. When everyone and their mom is doing it, then what exactly sets anyone apart from the crowd except minute parts of their body?

I think sexy outfits should be illegal. Who wants their kids to see that anyway?
    Your issue is you are pushing your concept of why to wear a costume onto other people. Costumes do not inherently show your interests jokes or personality, they are just a costume that people want to wear for various reasons.

Then you continue to push your idea of what "kind of people" those that a sexy outfit will attract will be.

Once you can see past your bias here and realize that the entire world isn't defined by what you believe about stuff, then you will not give as much of a shit about these kinds of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    People dress however they wanna dress. I aint gonna judge them for it.

Although if the argument should be about anything is about how tacky store Halloween costumes are. Better off making your own I say
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't understand how people can't see how sexy Halloween costumes won't make people respect them. How is it they don't see how it won't attract the right kind of people when you flaunt your body like that? It only makes people think they're after one thing, and they shouldn't want to have to demean themselves to such a low standard just to impress someone else. Costumes are supposed to show your interests or jokes or personality. Sexy is a personality trait, I guess, but not the kind that would make a partner stick around long term, if there's nothing else there to back it up. Maybe some people are shallow enough that it would be enough for them, but they're not the kind of people that will make you feel good if something happens and you're anything but perfect.

I'm not going to go as far as say that it's the cause of rape like some people, but people aren't going to care as much about your personality if the first thing they see is your body on display. When everyone and their mom is doing it, then what exactly sets anyone apart from the crowd except minute parts of their body?

I think sexy outfits should be illegal. Who wants their kids to see that anyway?
    Is there such a thing as respect for any adult who dresses up in make-believe? Not against it, glad people have fun dressing up, just saying is all. Never saw a guy dressed up as Elmo and thought to myself "I totally respect that guy"

Definitely have lost respect for people like Justin Trudeau who make poor choices dressing up.

7+ Year Old Account
    So much stupid to sift through.

I think sexy outfits should be illegal.
    So you're either religious or ugly.

My idea of fun isn't treating my body like the temple of Satan.
    Ah, there it is. It's interesting that you're cherry-picking the "sinful" stuff you agree with, while ignoring the "don't be a self-righteous cunt" parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    What is with people wanting to outlaw whatever it is that they don't personally like?
    Most people haven't discovered the art of governing their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Hey, it takes a lot of effort to find a pair of yellow ears to go with matching lingerie and make a sexy pikachu costume, not to mention painting those perfect red circles on their cheeks. Face cheeks.
    I found the words that don't belong together!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I would argue that a woman who enjoys being a slut and does so has more self-respect for herself than if she let society shame her into not doing something she enjoyed. What's the point of life if you don't get to do the things you enjoy? As long as it's safe and consensual and all that.
    Agreed. And frankly, a woman who owns and isn't afraid to express her sexuality is much more attractive than some puritanical chatterbox.

Most women end up like that because they get pressured into it and it just becomes the norm for them. Or because they're impulsive.
    Objectively false and mildly sexist.

Not to butt in, but I don't think you know what bisexuality is if you think that you need to be promiscuous to be such, or that you're a slut if you're bisexual.
    You don't seem to understand how reading works.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I'll wear what I feel like. Input has been filed away.
    My ex did that. Though she always pestered me for an opinion on new clothes, which she promptly ignored and then "filed away" under, "Take me back to the clothing store so I can return all this stuff that I spent 3 hours shopping for but didn't bother to try on while there so I can spend another 3 hours finding more stuff I'll return later."

I'm fun outside of parties. My idea of fun isn't treating my body like the temple of Satan.
    First off, the temple of satan isn't really that bad, you're thinking of the church of satan, they are very different. Secondly don't judge people for wanting to enjoy themselves on halloween, its the only time of year they get to dress in a costume and not be judged for it. If you want to dress like a sexy nurse, or a sexy minion, or a sexy tax accountant, or even a sexy John Oliver, then go for it, or don't. You don't have to dress in a sexy costume, just wear pants instead of ass-less chaps and go as a regular cowboy instead, nobody will care either way. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find the right sexy clown costume to buy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I found the words that don't belong together!
    *BAM* Pika pika.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-20 at 04:04 AM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

7+ Year Old Account
    *BAM* Pika pika.
    Oh, that's gross. I was eating. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, sorry. I had a photo of a different guy cued up, but you could clearly make out his pokeballs.

*BAM* Pika pika?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-20 at 04:05 AM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

It's not all bad:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, sorry. I had a photo of a different guy cued up, but you could clearly make out his pokeballs.

*BAM* Pika pika?
    I might be more responsive with someone I actually like in a similar outfit, but for the most part, my original comment stands. Furries are nasties. I'll be nice and not dock you points for posting a chic with implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's not all bad:
    Meh.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-09-19 at 11:08 PM.

I might be more responsive with someone I actually like in a similar outfit, but for the most part, my original comment stands. Furries are nasties. I'll be nice and not dock you points for posting a chic with implants.
    Dressing up in a sexy pikachu costume does not make one a furry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dressing up in a sexy pikachu costume does not make one a furry.
    It does if the outfit is furry. To be clear, it's not the character I have a problem with, it's the mix of "sexy" and fur.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-09-19 at 11:14 PM.

It does if the outfit is furry. To be clear, it's not the character I have a problem with, it's the mix of "sexy" and fur.
    It's not the same thing though. There is a difference between a person wearing a costume with fur and someone who is actually a furry.

Cosplay =/= Furry
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-09-20 at 12:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not the same thing though. There is a difference between a person wearing a costume with fur and someone who is actually a furry.

Cosplay =/= Furry
    I'm aware. I was being facetious.

This is what I don't get, though. How many people have sex with their clothes on? There are more ways to be sexy than flaunting yourself, and more ways to be confident than to, as I said, flaunt yourself. It's possible to cover your body while still being appealing it's not like anyone expects people to start wearing super baggy sweaters. They do it all the time anyway, wearing just regular jeans and a t-shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

With their clothes on?
    I believe the term for this is called dry humping. :P

- - - Updated - - -

*BAM* Pika pika.
    I dated a Japanese girl in Tokyo when i lived there. She was a huge pikachu fan, she would literally say *pika pika* when she got excited. :P
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-20 at 04:05 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.