Poll: Streaming service to subscribe too 2019

Most Exciting Streaming service - Season 2019/2020

Okay, new season has started.. don't even know wha'ts on this year, I didn't watch much series last season..

But we have more streaming services than ever.. who has the best line up? Which shows are you looking forward too the most?

Among the top dogs

1. Netflix
    2. Amzaon Prime
    3. Hulu
    4. Disney

Even DC comics has its own.

I don't know what their top shows out this year, but I wonder which do you guys think is the best to pay for this year.. especially if you could only pick one.

And it's totally fine to have things like good old series back log, or foreign material as part of the attractions.

I would subscribe to DC if they had it in canada. I don't care for their new shows aside from young justice but I would love to watch some of the older cartoons like Justice League unlimited or BTAS (I already have the box set though).

Disney definitely is trying to start strong with all the Marvel stuff coming, and they have a back catalog with a loooot of stuff. But Amazon and Netflix have a lot of strong returning shows as well, and probably a bunch of good new stuff.

We don't get Hulu, CBS, DC or whatever here, so their stuff is usually on Amazon or Netflix for us, so... no clue about those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney Plus will be interesting but outside of The Mandalorian most of their big original series won't be out for at least a year.

I don't know about early 2020, but there isn't much left this year on Amazon Prime I really care about.

So I guess Netflix is the big winner for me. Peaky Blinders season 5, The Last Kingdom season 4, and Disenchantment season 2 are all series I am already a fan of. There are a couple new series in Raising Dion and Daybreak that look like they could be fun from their trailers. Plus The Witcher should be out by the end of the year as well. Then there are some original movies as well like Between Two Ferns: The Movie and that Breaking Bad movie also set to be released before the end of the year.

Only series I know from Hulu or the DC service are Castle Rock on Hulu (new season in Oct.) and Doom Patrol (new season some time next year I believe) so don't really care about either of those services. In fact, Doom Patrol will also be on HBO Max and I am far more likely to sign up for that then the DC one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon, 100%. LotR, Invincible, Mr Robot, America Gods and they're working on Sandman.

Netflix, meanwhile, have cancelled all the shows I was really passionate about.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Amazon, 100%. LotR, Invincible, Mr Robot, America Gods and they're working on Sandman.

Don't forget The Boys

Piracy have the best lineup, quality, availability and speeds.

10+ Year Old Account

Where do you live that American Gods is on Prime? Unless you are just paying extra for Starz as well. LotR, Invincible, and Sandman won't be out any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hulu has been killing it for me recently. Followed by Prime. Netflix is 'meh' right now but Im looking forward to horror shows during October. Netflix missed out on the bundle/partnerships that Hulu and Prime have, and its going to hurt them if they cant restock original programming. Comedy specials cant carry Netflix, especially when other services are giving more for the same price or less.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I've actually been watching PlutoTV a lot with my PS4. Lot of free streaming channels and best of all, it's free. So many good movies playing all day, horror, drama, thrillers, 80's binge, there's even an anime channel.

I also pay for the WWE Network, and have been enjoying Hulu for .99 a month since last November from the Black Friday 1 year sale. I'm canceling it this November when the sale price expires.

When Disney + launches, I might get it in intervals when they upload MCU shows, but not before.

DC shows I just watch for free on Channel 50 with my bunny ears antenna. My sister has AmazonPrime so I watch that when I visit her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funimation. Sixteen new shows (or continuing) every season, so plenty to check out.

I have Hulu and Netflix now. I'll probably try to get a Disney+/Hulu bundle if there is a decent one. I don't want Hulu with commercials which is the only bundle listed so far. I'll drop Netflix when they lose Friends since I use that as my background show when I'm doing other stuff and I really don't watch a lot of other Netflix stuff. If there's a Netflix show I'll really want to see I'll just do a 1 month sub and drop it again. I'll pick up HBOMax next year since Friends and CW shows with be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Where do you live that American Gods is on Prime? Unless you are just paying extra for Starz as well. LotR, Invincible, and Sandman won't be out any time soon.
    The UK. It airs on Prime over here, just after it does in the US. Is't LotR coming out next year? I recall hearing 2020 as the planned release date.

Prime also has Vikings, all of South Park, Marvelous Mrs Maisell and Undone. All fantastic.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Don't forget The Boys
    That show has been a sleeper hit IMO. I was glued to TV watching all of it. That ending was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UK. It airs on Prime over here, just after it does in the US. Is't LotR coming out next year? I recall hearing 2020 as the planned release date.

Prime also has Vikings, all of South Park, Marvelous Mrs Maisell and Undone. All fantastic.
    Damn that's nice. Here in the US we would have to pay an extra $8 or something for the Starz add on for American Gods. No Southpark either although something like the latest 5 seasons and a selection of older episodes is coming to Netflix soon I believe.

LotR isn't even going to start production until sometime in 2020. Will be awhile before it is actually released. I would imagine the Wheel of Time series will be seen first since it has already started filming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Damn that's nice. Here in the US we would have to pay an extra $8 or something for the Starz add on for American Gods. No Southpark either although something like the latest 5 seasons and a selection of older episodes is coming to Netflix soon I believe.

LotR isn't even going to start production until sometime in 2020. Will be awhile before it is actually released. I would imagine the Wheel of Time series will be seen first since it has already started filming.
    Yup, it's pretty awesome. Prime has a few shows like that, that in the US you have to go elsewhere for, or pay extra for. Was surprised how many, tbh.

Aaah, maybe that's what I read... Damn. And yeah, I can see WoT coming Q4 2020, or Q1 2021.