Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Most of the 100 million former players quit by level 10.

WoW at its height had litteraly a 12% retention rate.
    100m created accs not players and it was during mop not wotlk or tbc.

I just got out of a gaming session that required a solution via "community"

I was being attacked non stop on a pirate questing area by a group of Alliance players.
    Died once...4min walk to my corpse
    Died twice to the same players...decided to rezz sickness

But the rage inside me was too big. I wanted revenge.

So i walk on my mount with rezz sickness debuff to the area...and in stealth i was watching other people die to the same group.

I built an armada out of the victims.
    /whispered the victims and promissed them revenge

Fun fact, one of the victims was a tank i did a dungeon with yesterday.

With the armada i've built we wiped the entire enemy group, danced on their corpses and we did all the quests together

THE END

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    100m created accs not players and it was during mop not wotlk or tbc.
    They hit a 100mil made accounts in mop yea but still that's worse because it means its less than a 12% retainment rate past level 10.most people who have ever played this game both pre and post cata have quit befor level 10 which tbh is probly expected 10 levels is / was a few hrs and if people arn't having fun in those first few hrs very few people bother to stick around. Tbh that's likly the whole reason the made leveling super quick.

They hit a 100mil made accounts in mop yea but still that's worse because it means its less than a 12% retainment rate past level 10.most people who have ever played this game both pre and post cata have quit befor level 10 which tbh is probly expected 10 levels is / was a few hrs and if people arn't having fun in those first few hrs very few people bother to stick around. Tbh that's likly the whole reason the made leveling super quick.
    You expect people to play the same game for 14 years?
    What are this retention rate calculations you are using?

It doesnt tell us much the way you are calculating it.

A good way would be...retention rate inside an expansion 2 year cycle or something like that. But we lack the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You expect people to play the same game for 14 years?
    What are this retention rate calculations you are using?

It doesnt tell us much the way you are calculating it.

A good way would be...retention rate inside an expansion 2 year cycle or something like that. But we lack the information.
    It's blizzards stats. And basic math, if you have had 100 million accounts made, and by blizzards admission most people quit befor level 10 then at wows height of 12million active subs then 12/100 is 12% and that's the most gerous way to look at it. If we start getting super into the details then we end up with a lower player retention rate.

Or to put it more accurately between vanilla and mop when those figures were released the maximum retention rate was roughly 12% at an optimistic calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Ohh, your feelings. Are you going to cry because i mentioned you have bullshit experience? Sorry dude, get a tissue, you'll be better in a few days when you processed this trauma.
    I'd actually say you probably had a larger trauma, judging by how butthurt your answer is. The snowflake is strong in you.
    Also, you're making a really good case of "Classic community is great" right now dude. lol

Really? Just as many good as bad?
    Ive had MANY more good compared to the bad. Like...non stop everyday.
    May depend on region and server.

Quite surprisingly, i find many new players who never played in old azeroth and have no idea how to complete the dungeons.
    When someone says, "I've had many bad experiences in Classic," keep in mind what might be the common denominator. The person who has nothing but bad experiences could very well be the reason. In most cases, they are.

I, however, have had literally 100% good experiences. I play a Prot Warrior and all of the dungeons I've tanked have gone real smoothly. Miners share mining nodes. People ask before they need on loot (because people used to do that). And more than once I've seen someone win an item from a boss and pass on the other loot because they've won something. All in all, my Classic experience has been very accurate to how it once was. People are more patient. They're friendlier and eager to stay and help. I'm sure there's a few bad apples lurking out there, but they'll get weeded out naturally.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-09-20 at 06:02 PM.

It's blizzards stats. And basic math, if you have had 100 million accounts made, and by blizzards admission most people quit befor level 10 then at wows height of 12million active subs then 12/100 is 12% and that's the most gerous way to look at it. If we start getting super into the details then we end up with a lower player retention rate.

Or to put it more accurately between vanilla and mop when those figures were released the maximum retention rate was roughly 12% at an optimistic calculation.
    We lack the information, as the "quote" you are referring to is from "Free Accounts". (the quit before level 10)

Believe me i tried searching for created accounts endlessly.
    The one and only time blizzard revealed it was in mop.

Unless im reading your comment incorrectly.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-20 at 06:03 PM.

We lack the information, as the "quote" you are referring to is from "Free Accounts". (the quit before level 10)

Believe me i tried searching for created accounts endlessly.
    The one and only time blizzard revealed it was in mop.

Unless im reading your comment incorrectly.
    Problem is a free account is a created account. As far as the back end is concerned its a normal wow account only with the limits placed in it for the trial. So I don't think there is the data to be able to split off people who gave it a go with the trial then said fuck it not worth the £8.99. Though I would argue what's the relevance free trial accounts are statistically in my view just as valid, they still decided not to sub to see past level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The way classic is built encourages group play, meeting people, and needing others to succeed
    That is just not entirely true. It often is actually better to play alone. Like when you are doing quests where you need to collect 15 of something. You wanna do that in a group? You will have to kill many more mobs, and you'll get reduced experience. And you'll run out of mobs in some places so you have to wait for respawns. Which makes it a better strategy to kill those mobs solo and try to tag them as fast as you can.

The current game encourages working together a lot more in that situation, because mobs are shared. What do you do in Classic when someone hits a mob faster than you and it turns grey? You leave it alone. You look for an untagged mob. There is no reason for you to help the person that just stole you the mob. In the current game, you'd join, because you have every reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The pirate vanilla servers never stopped growing. That's why Blizzard had to force shut them down and start their own. Again, its a monopoly. No-one else makes MMOs. WoW Classic is the ONLY MMO.
    they had to shut them down to protect their intellectual property

failing to do so would create a very dangerous precedent

the amount of people spamming r1 arcane explosion to tag quest mobs with long respawn timers would argue differently, but whatever.

we're in confirmation bias central