Act like a Vulcan Challenge

Hello all,
    In this post I dare you to try this challenge. Go 3 days without making any decisions based on emotions. Everything you do must be made on the logical conclusion that it is the most beneficial thing for you to do. You must choose food best suited for your diet. Fill your time with activities that will best help you succeed. Finally conversations you have with other must lead to beneficial relationships and outcomes. You must not act in rage, lust, sadness, humor, etc but may mimic it if this creates desired outcome with individuals. So i challenge you to make it 3 days, remove the shackles that endorphins have put upon your brain and embrace your inner robot. If you succeed you will forever be able to through spock in rock paper scissors. IF you fail the challenge but at least attempt it you may now throw lizard.

It would be impossible. Especially eating. Even just picking out food would require some level of emotion. Eat something you like, and your body will release endorphins. Eat something bland that you don't like, then your brain will be producing a negative emotion.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can I do the vulkan challenge instead and get repeatedly murdered by a crazy brother before breaking free and falling from orbit?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    It would be impossible. Especially eating. Even just picking out food would require some level of emotion. Eat something you like, and your body will release endorphins. Eat something bland that you don't like, then your brain will be producing a negative emotion.
    eat the foods that provide the perfect amount of calories, nutrition, and energy balance. Make the healthiest choice you can given the options in your region of earth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Hello all,
    In this post I dare you to try this challenge. Go 3 days without making any decisions based on emotions. Everything you do must be made on the logical conclusion that it is the most beneficial thing for you to do. You must choose food best suited for your diet. Fill your time with activities that will best help you succeed. Finally conversations you have with other must lead to beneficial relationships and outcomes. You must not act in rage, lust, sadness, humor, etc but may mimic it if this creates desired outcome with individuals. So i challenge you to make it 3 days, remove the shackles that endorphins have put upon your brain and embrace your inner robot. If you succeed you will forever be able to through spock in rock paper scissors. IF you fail the challenge but at least attempt it you may now throw lizard.
    Emotions come from logic(operations) so you can't actually separate the two concepts completely. But if i'm forced to separate them then i'd say that emotions are more about guessing the truth value of a 'qualitative' issue, such as how good a song is, how attractive a person is, how morally fair is someones behavior toward you, etc. Where as what we refer to as cold and calculating logic is what we want when we're engaged in a 'quantitative' activity. We shouldn't see logic or emotion as a right vs wrong form of decision making, but instead we should try to recognize each one's limitation when it comes to addressing something in the opposite domain.

Do the Act like a Vultan challenge.

Gordon's alive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everything you do must be made on the logical conclusion that it is the most beneficial thing for you to do.
    Also about this, the "most beneficial thing" implies a form of utilitarianism, which is bad because creating a criteria for the "most beneficial thing" is subjective and won't remain constant over time. Instead it should be something closer to negative utilitarianism, which is about the reduction of problems, such as suffering. As opposed to maximizing a positive utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Can I do the vulkan challenge instead and get repeatedly murdered by a crazy brother before breaking free and falling from orbit?
    I got that
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your assumption is that everyone likes food and eating, I happen to like neither (this poses a major problem for me since I'm underweight). I already choose food under that general criteria, though emotion factors into deciding how much prep work and cleanup I'm willing to deal with when deciding what to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    eat the foods that provide the perfect amount of calories, nutrition, and energy balance. Make the healthiest choice you can given the options in your region of earth
    Again though you're purely focusing on quantitative issues like calories and nutrition. If you only eat food like Chia seeds(high protein but slimy) and wheat grass juice that will be very healthy but it's disgusting and makes life not worth living. The most beneficial thing for people isn't purely quantitative but is also what helps people emotionally.

Make yourself a bowl of plomeek brotth and you won't have to worry about taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Again though you're purely focusing on quantitative issues like calories and nutrition. If you only eat food like Chia seeds(high protein but slimy) and wheat grass juice that will be very healthy but it's disgusting and makes life not worth living. The most beneficial thing for people isn't purely quantitative but is also what helps people emotionally.
    For many athletes and body builders food isn't meant to be enjoyed. It's meant as fuel for their bodies.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

No, namely because the people claiming to be the most logical are almost always either cringe edgelords or idiots.

Or both.

We're experts at rationalizing any and all sorts of reasoning. It would be hard.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

id need an app for that. like i input a decision and the app will tell me if its a legal move as a rational person or if it is illegal due to it being emotional. i also ask why the op equates rational behavior with selfish behavior. i would guess the op is a luciferian. worship of the fallen angel lucifer is about enlightenment and maximizing your own potential. (as opposed to christianity which teaches humility and kindness to all leads to creating true paradise)
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-09-21 at 09:35 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.