Classic WoW shaman enhance/ele leveling hybrid

Hello,

I've seen a build for this that actually takes up shield specialization. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good build for this? Currently level 34. And I'm willing to try a few things, I just wanna make leveling a bit interesting.

If I do this, any specific gear to look out for? More Intel for the spell crit?

Also I just obtained doans dagger from sm lib.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... Slap on a fast dagger and any shield using flametongue and healing spring and searing totem(make sure they last for atleast 3 pulls). As for talents, they are all pretty much self-explanatory.

Its only a build most people use while leveling as resto though, so they can also solo a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by groman19 View Post
    yes dagger is great for shaman, very fast attack and more windfury procs.
    This is coming from a long time shaman, though not on classic, so I'm not 100% on this, but typically you want slow 1 handers. A 2.6 speed weapon is ideal. It won't hit as often as a dagger, but it will hit harder with those windfury procs. Edit: I'm speaking from an ENH perspective as well. I didn't mess with a hybrid tree that much. I'd suggest trying the dagger and a 2.6 speed and comparing. I still think the 2.6 speed will come out ahead on any melee/windfury damage.
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2019-09-17 at 11:33 AM.

And then you are forced to heal at max level :/

3+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't recommend doing a hybrid build to level. You lose out on very necessary spells + passives in both trees. Your best bet is to level as Enhancement with a 1-hand weapon + shield until around level 40, where you go into 2-hand weapon Enhancement w/ Stormstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    This is coming from a long time shaman, though not on classic, so I'm not 100% on this, but typically you want slow 1 handers. A 2.6 speed weapon is ideal. It won't hit as often as a dagger, but it will hit harder with those windfury procs. Edit: I'm speaking from an ENH perspective as well. I didn't mess with a hybrid tree that much. I'd suggest trying the dagger and a 2.6 speed and comparing. I still think the 2.6 speed will come out ahead on any melee/windfury damage.
    The reason weapon speed mattered is that there was an internal cd on how often wf could proc, I think that this patch is after that was added so you do want a slow 2h, 3.0 speed or slower. The reason they added that cd was because wf procs all count as auto attacks so wf would sometimes proc off of itself. It was even possible to one shot a boss with it with extreme luck (I believe there was only one known instance of that occurring).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VicBoss View Post
    I wouldn't recommend doing a hybrid build to level. You lose out on very necessary spells + passives in both trees. Your best bet is to level as Enhancement with a 1-hand weapon + shield until around level 40, where you go into 2-hand weapon Enhancement w/ Stormstrike.
    To be honest I didn't even spec into stormstrike. Mana cost is too high to use it and then cast earth shock, I used the point to get to the totem cost reduction and the hit rating in the resto tree faster. At max level you can't use stormstrike in raids anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The reason they added that cd was because wf procs all count as auto attacks so wf would sometimes proc off of itself. It was even possible to one shot a boss with it with extreme luck (I believe there was only one known instance of that occurring)
    it was been just an urban legend :P funny tho

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Are you sure about that? I thought it came with TBC, when shamans started to Dual Wield. Also I play a shaman myself and I see my tank proccing windfury from my totem several times in a row even when he uses a 1h and shield
    I think it was 1.4 when they added the change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    it was been just an urban legend :P funny tho
    Sorry with your broken english its a bit difficult to understand. Are you saying someone one shotting a boss with WF is an urban myth or that wf could proc off itself continuously?

15+ Year Old Account
    Check out defcamp & melderon on youtube, they have exactly the guide you are looking for.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry with your broken english its a bit difficult to understand. Are you saying someone one shotting a boss with WF is an urban myth or that wf could proc off itself continuously?
    well its just a 1 sentence, what you dont get in it? it could proc from itself although one shoting boss is just a myth
    cant make it any more clear with my broken english :P
    also im pretty sure they blocked this capability in classic

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    well its just a 1 sentence, what you dont get in it? it could proc from itself although one shoting boss is just a myth
    I think some people confuse the old Pally Reckoning with WF ������
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

How is it not possible that if it can proc off itself for it not to continuously proc with amazing luck?

And they did limit this in classic because they did it in patch 1.4 and this is patch 1.12 as I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mookes View Post
    I think some people confuse the old Pally Reckoning with WF ������
    WF proccing off itself is the entire reason they added the cd to it. I think you are getting confused.

Very few talents directly and substantially increase your dps in the context of leveling. Thundering Strikes, Flurry, Elemental Weapons, Improved Lightning Shield and Call of Flame are some of those. Stick to those and gear for STR and AGI or go the spell power path if you have some items already. A hybrid is very viable. Shield Spec is a great talent for leveling, much better than 5% mana. Your most efficient spells are Searing Totem, Lightning Bolt and Lightning Shield. Lightning Bolt and Lightning Shield have very good scaling with spell power.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it not possible that if it can proc off itself for it not to continuously proc with amazing luck?
    Possible? Uh, sure. Would it EVER happen? Absolutely not.

WF proccing off itself is the entire reason they added the cd to it. I think you are getting confused.

What? I fail to see where I questioned classic WF mechanics? Thanks for the vital input bud
    Last edited by Mookes; 2019-09-28 at 10:36 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------