Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Add GCD back to every ability so that nothing is off gcd.
    Gross. Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Gross. Please no.
    i concur, the GCD is a cancer that has metastasized.
    i agree with it on DPS abilities but nothing intended to be reactive or preemptive should ever be on the GCD.

Gross. Please no.
    Yes please, hate offclicking, breaks the flow of rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    i concur, the GCD is a cancer that has metastasized.
    i agree with it on DPS abilities but nothing intended to be reactive or preemptive should ever be on the GCD.
    I hate it on DPS cooldowns. It just feels so fucking awkward on arcane mage having to use Rune of Power then Arcane Power then Arcane Blast. You're already 3ish seconds into Rune of Power before you get any benefit from it at all.

no, it doesn't if you don't have bad-keybinds.

no, it doesn't if you don't have bad-keybinds.
    Yes it does, using two keys in rapid succession does not feel natural. The only abilities that should be off GCD are defensives. Definitely not offensives so people would make macros again and ignore them completely.

I hate it on DPS cooldowns. It just feels so fucking awkward on arcane mage having to use Rune of Power then Arcane Power then Arcane Blast. You're already 3ish seconds into Rune of Power before you get any benefit from it at all.
    i don't like DPS CDs either, i hate them being on the GCD to as it lowers the skill-ceiling just another foot but they overall force the base power of the class to be just a bit lower for their existence which has killed the constant pressure and threat alot of classes capable of 3min CD instant-death are made virtually meek while those CDs on inactive.

As long as Combat and ranged Surv are gone, I'm not playing.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Yes it does, using two keys in rapid succession does not feel natural. The only abilities that should be off GCD are defensives. Definitely not offensives so people would make macros again and ignore them completely.
    thus, why i stipulate reactive(self-heals, escapes), and preemptive(most defensive are ideal preempting damage incoming) are what should ALWAYS be off GCD.
    pick up a dictionary sometime, k?

furthermore, tighter key-bind locations in a configuration relative to the intended rotation does help pull-off off-GCD side rotations without interrupting the main rotation relevant to role-performance.

i don't like DPS CDs either, i hate them being on the GCD to as it lowers the skill-ceiling just another foot but they overall force the base power of the class to be just a bit lower for their existence which has killed the constant pressure and threat alot of classes capable of 3min CD instant-death are made virtually meek while those CDs on inactive.
    having them off GCD lowered skill ceiling as people made one button insta nuke macros. Now you need to think about the order of abilities instead of slappin all that shit together in a macro

/cast racial
    /cast megabuff
    /cast cooldown
    /cast prepot
    /cast nuke

and be done with it. Never to be bothered again

- - - Updated - - -

furthermore, tighter key-bind locations in a configuration relative to the intended rotation does help pull-off off-GCD side rotations without interrupting the main rotation relevant to role-performance.
    It still feels shit, I have bound q2ezxcrf134 for most abilities, don't even go beyond 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will never understand why people want ammo back, is it fun to be useless if you forget to buy more? Hunters literally fire magical arrows and such, is it hard to believe every projectile isn't a little bit magical? Traps magically appear out of nowhere, should they be bought too?

having them off GCD lowered skill ceiling as people made one button insta nuke macros. Now you need to think about the order of abilities instead of slappin all that shit together in a macro

/cast racial
    /cast megabuff
    /cast cooldown
    /cast prepot
    /cast nuke

That just means Blizzard needs to be better about what buffs do. Slapping GCDs on them is super lazy.

It still feels shit, I have bound q2ezxcrf134 for most abilities, don't even go beyond 5.
    Know what else feels like shit? Wasting several seconds of a cooldown because you need to use other cooldowns to stack with it that are also on the GCD.

/cast racial
    /cast megabuff
    /cast cooldown
    /cast prepot
    /cast nuke

- - - Updated - - -

i have 1-12, 1-12+ctrl, 1-12+Shft, and 1-12+alt.
    all bound to a 12 button mouse and i use the "pinky" finger on my left hand for ctrl or shft and the left hand's last knuckle for alt.
    i never have to stop the movement of my character or the camera to hit any of my 48 potential selections.
    on casters i do however include the buttons near the WASD as additional keybinds for hard-casted spells.

I disagree, if anything having some abilities off the gcd adds to the flow of the class. It punctuates certain ability chains into a quick procession through a few abilities interwoven in the gcd. Everything on the gcd slows down the rotation and makes it all kind of monotonous. I also think it has the added effect of giving haste too much priority within the stats. Until they started pulling things off the gcd again, haste was king, which also pushes white damage too far up as a priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 1-12, 1-12+ctrl, 1-12+Shft, and 1-12+alt.
    all bound to a 12 button mouse and i use the "pinky" finger on my left hand for ctrl or shft and the left hand's last knuckle for alt.
    i never have to stop the movement of my character or the camera to hit any of my 48 potential selections.
    on casters i do however include the buttons near the WASD as additional keybinds for hard-casted spells.
    Just because you do that doesn't mean others didn't take the easy route and make a few macros to do most of the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I disagree, if anything having some abilities off the gcd adds to the flow of the class. It punctuates certain ability chains into a quick procession through a few abilities interwoven in the gcd. Everything on the gcd slows down the rotation and makes it all kind of monotonous. I also think it has the added effect of giving haste too much priority within the stats. Until they started pulling things off the gcd again, haste was king, which also pushes white damage too far up as a priority.
    this is literally the draw of the ninja "class" in FF14, you have a GCD rotation, and signs you have to execute off-GCD in-between to improve those on-GCD attacks.

Disagree entirely. Sounds like you'd really enjoy ffiv's combat though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

OH NO! :O
    Imagine this outrage! People are using macros for what they are meant to be!
    BLASPHEMY! Add GCDS to /fart!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Just because you do that doesn't mean others didn't take the easy route and make a few macros to do most of the heavy lifting.
    doesn't mean i support their existence, but i despise the GCD as an over-all control interfering system.
    the fact that there are currently classes with defensive CDs on-GCD is a good point to the argument of firing Ion.
    as is i hate DPS related CDS that aren't rotation resets or accelerators because they don't have any effect on the rotations at all other then the numbers out-put, but i don't support restricting them on-GCD to obstruct the DPS rotation, i'd rather they just not exist and the class just deal that much more damage overall.

maybe pay attention more and you might notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Disagree entirely. Sounds like you'd really enjoy ffiv's combat though.
    Why would he? FFXIV has a ton of off GCD abilities. And not just cooldowns, but core rotational abilities that are off GCD.