Poll: Worst Lore or story telling

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's another problem I see...him having that much power to kill a naaru cheapens the naaru quite a bit.
    the dude singlehandedly blew up most of nathreza with a portal, like ner'zhul did to draenor with a bunch of special artifacts.

illidan was retardedly op in his last days, frying xe'ra was the least of his recent feats.

Warlords of Draenor could of been sooo good! It could of been so many amazing things, but development met set back after set back. Tons of content and items were cut content from the game, further pissing off the player base. The story made zero sense, and due to it's rushed and lack luster content it was a plot of coming to an alien world in the past, killing a ton of it's people, then going to the jungle with the help of navy ships, to kill demons but failing. Utter garbage expansion which almost killed the whole game, and they should go back and repair it and add to that world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    X'era's core was only moments ago placed back in her body. I am sure I can beat the Rock if I fight him straight out of a bypass surgery.
    Both of which were also damaged. This was hardly a "fair" fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Although it is speculation on my part, I like to think that the Light took a bit of umbrage at the way Xe'ra was trying to use it - and perhaps shied away from her giving Illidan the window needed for him to rally his own essence and blow Xe'ra to bits. We know the Naaru are exceedingly powerful once moved to act, and Xe'ra being an Elder Naaru would likely be even more so - but in abusing the essence of the Light for her own ends, she may have gained enough of its enmity to get herself snuffed out by an enraged Demon Hunter.
    wasn't she also damaged and weakened already and we brought her core with us from Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    wasn't she also damaged and weakened already and we brought her core with us from Azeroth?
    Difficult to say, really. We know very little about the physiology of Naaru, though I would assume she was to some degree. But as a creature literally made of Light energies you'd think she would heal swiftly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Difficult to say, really. We know very little about the physiology of Naaru, though I would assume she was to some degree. But as a creature literally made of Light energies you'd think she would heal swiftly.
    The core came down like a meteor and was visibly cracked. And it's at least suggested that being seperated isn't exactly healthy for a Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We most certainly know that Naaru do NOT endure trauma well. Just look at K'ara, K'ure and D'ore. Genedar crashes, K'ara gets injured and goes void, D'ore dies, K'ure gets damage enough to go dormant. I think having your heart ripped out and thrown through the cosmos so it can crash at sea and get carried around by murlocs while your body endures a spaceship crashing on a hostile fel-infused world sounds a bit more traumatic than that.
    K'ara, K'ure, and D'ore were all exhausted by the Draenei's long flight, successive battles with the Legion chasing them, followed by the crash-landing on Draenor, K'ara's injury and entry into the Void state of the Naaru life-cycle also caused her to attack both K'ure and D'ore - further weakening them and leading to D'ore's "death" and K'ure's long dormancy as it healed. Xe'ra also didn't really have her heart "ripped" out, she voluntarily removed it and had it thrown across the cosmos to Azeroth, and given the Naaru's nature as disconnected agglomerations of solidified Light this may or may not even deleterious to her "health." It's hard to even say if the Naaru are "alive" in the same way humanoid beings are - they could simply be vessels for sentiences that exist as energy within the Light itself.

While this component of Xe'ra is titled "Light's Heart" we know it's really only her "sentience core," essentially the repository of her memories and apparently the seat of her consciousness as an entity. It's not literally her heart, and may or may not be a core component. The Xenedar can apparently be operated as a dimensional ship despite its absence. In a bizarre sense it's as if Xe'ra literally projected her mind to Azeroth while the rest of her body remained "asleep," still generating power for the Xenedar despite being physically inert.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

While this component of Xe'ra is titled "Light's Heart" we know it's really only her "sentience core," essentially the repository of her memories and apparently the seat of her consciousness as an entity. It's not literally her heart, and may or may not be a core component. The Xenedar can apparently be operated as a dimensional ship despite its absence. In a bizarre sense it's as if Xe'ra literally projected her mind to Azeroth while the rest of her body remained "asleep," still generating power for the Xenedar despite being physically inert.
    Removing it rendered her body inert. That's pretty much the definition of "core component", remove it, and the system doesn't work.

Not sure what you're talking about with the Xenedar... by my understanding, the problem with her absence was the lack of a pilot capable of fully using the Xenedar's systems, not the lack of a power source.

Classic is so clearly my answer I'd prefer to omit it.
    Its obvious the story of Classic was not designed with lasting implications in mind, so best to just not discuss it.

Past that, I'd have to say WoD. Looking back, it feels WoD was there solely to promote the film and offer a way for the Legion to return.

Not their best work, but in the end it was kinda cool spending time with old beloved characters.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im torn between three expansions:

-Burning Crusade threw big names around for us to kill without context or explanation, so there's more of an absence of lore more than bad lore.

-Warlords of Draenor used the "Alternate universe" shenanigans that I personally detest in stories. It destroyed the orcs' established background and its antagonists were laughable.

-Battle for Azeroth seems written purely for shock value, sacrificing quality for "whoa" moments that are written disregarding characters' previous motivations or personalities. Characters act non-sensical and story elements are conviniently forgotten as to not write anything at all
    So basically the last season of GoT

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    WoD easily. Just pure unimaginative trash.

Cataclysm was also a huge let down. Deathwing wasted. The Aggra questline literally the worst thing ever added in this game. Thrall becoming an Aspect and shoot laser beams. And of course this is forgetting the endless memes and pop culture references. Literally reenacting the scenes from Indiana Jones. I think people have forgotten just how terrible Cataclysm was.
    Lol I liked Uldum.. Cataclysm was up there with wrath for me until the nerfs when pussy Blizzard caved to the casuals and continued to ruin the game.

TB was pretty fun and have group will travel were fuck as fuck for wpvp.

For me its BfA, even worse than legion and at least WoD had decent class design, nothing is anywhere near the boring cancer of legion/bfa design.
    I will rather play a random korean grindfest MMO because at least I won't get bored in 5 seconds due to the combat. WoW is just literally too boring to play, well above any of its other issues.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-09-21 at 03:34 AM.

Apart from WotLK and (to my surprize) Cataclysm all other expansions had shitty lore. Like take Vanilla for example? It didn't have lore like at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Removing it rendered her body inert. That's pretty much the definition of "core component", remove it, and the system doesn't work.

Not sure what you're talking about with the Xenedar... by my understanding, the problem with her absence was the lack of a pilot capable of fully using the Xenedar's systems, not the lack of a power source.
    We see the Xenedar active on Argus before a hidden Antaen cannon shoots it down, the ship is operational although it doesn't do much aside from rising to great the arriving Vindicaar. When we board the wreckage of the ship you find Xe'ra aloft in the "cockpit" of the vessel, similar to the place that once housed O'ros in the Exodar. She is of course missing her sentience core, causing her to assume a strange configuration different from when she's completely intact, but is apparently still supplying the vessel with power (I would assume navigation was handled somewhere else while Xe'ra's mind was elsewhere).

We see the Xenedar active on Argus before a hidden Antaen cannon shoots it down, the ship is operational although it doesn't do much aside from rising to great the arriving Vindicaar. When we board the wreckage of the ship you find Xe'ra aloft in the "cockpit" of the vessel, similar to the place that once housed O'ros in the Exodar. She is of course missing her sentience core, causing her to assume a strange configuration different from when she's completely intact, but is apparently still supplying the vessel with power (I would assume navigation was handled somewhere else while Xe'ra's mind was elsewhere).
    You're still working off the assumption she's the ships power core. I'm wondering where you got that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're still working off the assumption she's the ships power core. I'm wondering where you got that idea.
    That's the information related in "Chronicle Vol. 2" - specifically "Naaru are their own ships' powerhouses. Travelling across the cosmos requires incredible amounts of energy, however, draining the Naaru immensely." Naaru essentially serve as a dimensional ship's powerhouse and helmsmen, with the arcano-technology of the ship usually bent to enhancing the Naaru pilot's energy reserves. Larger dimensional fortresses like the Genedar and Tempest Keep were staffed by multiple Naaru (such as Tempest Keep having O'ros, Xi'ri, and A'dal within it originally). The Genedar was staffed by D'ore, K'ara, K'ure, and Xe'ra - although at some point in the distant past the fortress somehow split in two, with Xe'ra going off with some of the Draenei (who would become the Army of the Light) aboard the newly-christened Xenedar and the other three Naaru remaining behind on the original Genedar with the rest of the Draenei.