Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    But realistically, how likely do you think it is that they would create a new class that circumvents a huge chunk of the Legion questing experience?
    The Artifacts are all de-powered and pretty much neutered anyways, I don't think anyone would lose a "huge chunk" of questing experience if they just have some random weapons thrown at them to fill the slot from 100-110.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    mind control is taken from priests?)
    Voidform gameplay feels a lot like how Metamorphosis was for Demo in MoP/WoD. To me it looks like it could work as a Dark Ranger gameplay AND it functioned a bit like that visually during Legion Alpha for MM Hunters and the Dark Ranger Talent.

But realistically, how likely do you think it is that they would create a new class that circumvents a huge chunk of the Legion questing experience?
    Try playing an alt through Legion right now.

As someone who didn't go through Legion, I can confidently say that the de-powered Artifacts amount to very little now. At this point they're little more than glorified lore quests with a neat reward that any NPC can straight up give you.

Sure. If warriors and paladins and DKs can all use the same 2H weapons, two classes should be able to use bows without them instantly being deemed the same thing. In the same vein, both warlocks and DHs use fel power, so I don't see why we can't have DKs and dark rangers share in the same way.

Of course they could screw it up and make it very similar to a hunter/DK/whatever, but I wouldn't say that's a given.

I doubt it'd be a brand new class itself but I can see it being a new spec to hunter class.

A mix of old survival with void/undeath thematic abilities.

In addition to what others said, Legion is effectively just a speed bump on the way to 120 now (the way all old expansions are treated).

I'd argue the notable reasons to care about Legion content now is very far removed from how it will play for a brand new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    I don't know. People said that Demon Hunters would never be thing, but here we are. I also don't think the amount of material a class has really matters, look at Monks. They'll come up with stuff.

I would say it could just be a hunter skin, but I can't really see them heavily using pets. I also doubt that Blizzard would have another class that uses mail and ranged weapons, as well as another leather class. So unless it's plate or cloth, which it wouldn't be, or doesn't primarily use ranged weapons, which doesn't make sense, I don't see it happening.

thread dismantled, also, i want dark rangers too

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Voidform gameplay feels a lot like how Metamorphosis was for Demo in MoP/WoD. To me it looks like it could work as a Dark Ranger gameplay AND it functioned a bit like that visually during Legion Alpha for MM Hunters and the Dark Ranger Talent.
    If blizzard has listened to feedback at least once, we will never see a mechanic like voidform again after bfa is over.
    Maybe they could design a class without 100 ressource points and/or combo points this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    That's actually a good idea. I would prefer them to convert Subtlety into a non-dual-wield true Ninja spec (you know...Ninja blades instead of Daggers)...but going Dark Ranger would be fine, too, as long as it does not stay the "other dagger spec" that absolutely nobody needs. If they leave Sub as "the other dagger spec" for another expansion i really don't know what to say.
    This is insanely dumb for one specific reason the new class needs to be a mail user or shamans need to be moved to plate and hunters to leather it's already annoying to gear either another leather class would nust make it worse.

Going to expand on my early post some brief ideas I had:

Banshee -Tank: Uses screams for taunting abilities and by entering a spirit form they take less damage or something.

Ranger- Ranged DPS: the Black Arrow spec basically. Ranged arrow attacks with some undead element (summoning temporary minions and shadow magic etc). Also throw in some forsaken blight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Delaryn's not with the Alliance anymore though. After being resurrected she's willingly joined the Forsaken believing that Elune had well forsaken them in allowing Teldrassil to be burned down. She's not being brainwashed or anything, she's bust fallen.
    If they had Dark Ranger they will create whatever new lore is required to make it work for Horde and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Death knight and Demon hunter aren't edgy and cool? As far as I recall people loved those two classes.
    To be exact, a bunch of people love those classes, and a bunch of other people mock them for being edgelords (With their often edgy names and stuff), so overall it evens out.

imho Dark Ranger should be spec to some class but i have no what name that class should have

Dark Ranger = Ranged Dps
    Dark Warden = Tank
    Banshee =healer/caster

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    imho Dark Ranger should be spec to some class but i have no what name that class should have

Dark Ranger = Ranged Dps
    Dark Warden = Tank
    Banshee =healer/caster
    warden and dark rangers are totally different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as not enough material when the writers can just make up new ones. Creativity is not a finite resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sure why not, with the power of darkness and shadows. Or with dark rituals or whatever. I see it as very likely.
    If you've played as horde in the Darkshore warfront, the banshee hero you can become at the altar of storms is a support/healer hero using shadows to heal, etc. Perhaps that could be how a support spec would work.
    Let my cries chill the living...

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them as their own class, but i can also see them as a 4rth talent three for the Hunters.

Note: If they become a class, i would like a melee based Dark Ranger (like the Survival Hunter, but with 2 1-handed weapons and more range attacks so you can weave between melee and range)

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    We once said that about Shamans and Witchdoctors/Shadow Hunters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    well, sira is a "dark warden" now.

a warden's abilities are rogue-like, with blink and some other moon spells included(we see rogues use shadowclones too, with that level 100 talent for sub). we see that dark rangers also use swords, sylvanas herself carries some. it's also not too far out of the realm of possibility to have a banshee using necromancy or shadow to do the spells that a warden uses. it's not that much of a stretch to give "dark warden" as a tank spec for dark ranger, imo. give them umbral crescents, maybe as a unique new weapon.

This game does not need more classes and races

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have Blizzard introduce 4th specs for classes and add Dark Ranger as one of them for Hunters. In my opinion there's not enough material that would make them feel unique. They'd just feel like emo hunters.

As I said before in other threads regarding classes I think we have enough classes as it is and I think now is the time to start thinking of ways to make our already existing classes better and more fun to play. Same goes for races.