Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Whats the deal with dark souls comparisson? None of the dark souls games are hard, this coming from someone that finished all 3 and did the no bonfire/no death run at the same time in Dark Souls 2. If anything dark souls fights can be time consuming because you have to wait the right moment. Same as vanila wow. Slow can mean hard if you have to take the proper time to attack.
    but vanilla isn't hard, not by any stretch of the imagination.
    it's punishing and slow, that's true, but it's not hard to determine what the correct action is to take at any given time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    If people enjoy it, good for them. It's something I don't like as I enjoy alts and the Classic grind kind of kills alting. People have been saying in a Classic hater, no...I just hate the lies people spread to make Classic sound better and to trash Retail.
    well, retail has been trash for 3 expacs now, it's not an incorrect claim.
    but the retail grind is worse then the classic one, the classic one you can crush over a single week, retail's takes months.

OP
    I totally agree! Ive been having a blast so far!

I do not miss the grind in retail, god it killed me inside doing anything on azzhatar cause it was so boring and bland. Every single new element they add in wow, has just been soulcrushingly bad.
    I also thought I was going to go tired of classic, but seriously, it's so incredible good feeling to play the game. The pace is amazingly slow, and it makes me calm when playing it, not stressed and uptight like I feel in retail doing m+ or emissary or islands etc for AP or the gear lottery.

Agree with your entire list OP, and by that I mean I actually experienced it. Hope the retail boys will simply just play retail and not moan so much about their classic experience. Maybe they are angry cause neither classic nor retail gives them any pleasure. But I think many of them just got baited hard on what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Whats the deal with dark souls comparisson? None of the dark souls games are hard, this coming from someone that finished all 3 and did the no bonfire/no death run at the same time in Dark Souls 2. If anything dark souls fights can be time consuming because you have to wait the right moment. Same as vanila wow. Slow can mean hard if you have to take the proper time to attack.
    So basically : nothing is hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    If you've got a very poor group set up the longest dungeons will take up to 2 hours max with slow and careful play, most dungeons are sub 1 hour.
    BRD with all quests is certainly not a 2 hours max dungeon, especially not with slow and careful play.

I like to bash retail because it's just a game who cares?

Some people take it too seriously. They are even more fun to mess with!

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    BRD with all quests is certainly not a 2 hours max dungeon, especially not with slow and careful play.
    Yes lets artificially inflate a long dungeon to prove a point

Who the fuck farms BRD with full quests and all bosses at 60? An emperor run (which is what most 60s will do if they do BRD) takes far less than 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yes lets artificially inflate a long dungeon to prove a point

Who the fuck farms BRD with full quests and all bosses at 60?
    It's not that rare to run a BRD with quests. Of course it's not among the most common scenario, but it does happen.
    An emperor run (which is what most 60s will do if they do BRD) takes far less than 2 hours.
    A Baron run with a poor group and slow play can easily take these 2 hours, though. I mean, the Baron rush was 45 mn. And that's doing only half the instance.
    So a full Strat can take more than 2h even with average group and play.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    I dont know why retail fan's brain is so challenged to understand that there is more than raids. You forgot the huge amount of work needed to get attuned to raids. Also yes professions because they actually make gear that is relevant and hard to gather the material. Also you get to run dungeons for relevant reasons, farm fire resistance gear for future raids and nature resistance gear too.
    And btw in the later phases, people who turn max level they dont just spam the same fuckin raid in LFR and then Normal and then heroic and then mythic. They will have to run MC and Onyxia to get gear for the next raid and farm ZulGurub for Anh qiraj (whatever is the order) to ultimately raid Naxaramas.

Classic max level = run lots of dungeons, do professions (include hard quests, farm dungeons for rare material, and rare patterns, craft your things in a specific location like the anvil in BRD), raid many different raids to get stronger for the next raid. Enjoy your gear by doing relevant WPVP, every step you do helps you become stronger at what you're doing
    Retail = latest raid in LFR, then normal then heroic then mythic.

Oh yeah Way better!

- - - Updated - - -

In retail my warlock's chaos bolt hits for 50k. I cast it on a dude level 115 with 40k health. Somehow his health only dropped 20%. No scaling you say? Maybe not the right term but something is going on here.
    In Classic my soul fire crits for 2000 and when I crit on a player I deal 2000 damage.
    You know you could farm dire maul as a fresh 60 then ZG to get ready for AQ and naxx?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdU...5BDXGIh7q/view
    there is your link, it works amazing.and isnt really that hard to play, it works amazing because you can gain mana consuming your succs mana, and you can use that mana to gain health through drain life, healthstone, siphon life, and death coil, which means mana and health become much in the same, while also because of how warlock works being more worth then it actually is, health stone for example with upgrade giving more health then it costs to cast. so on so forth.
    you will still need mage food/drink, but i was drinking every few pulls instead of every other.
    Awesome, thank you so much for the link; I'd give you a silver if I could. I was looking more into it yesterday and it looks like now that I achieved the golden level to switch (just hit 40) i'll get some more gold saved and then make the switch so I can afford the respec + grimoires.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Here is why Classic has been so great

There’s always tangible progression. Everything is a threat from 1-60, but you start to get more and more tools, your character grows. The amount of immersion in this game is insane. The feeling of being a fucking nobody trying to survive and get powerful. When you’re the zero wanting to be the hero everything is challenging. Being the hero means you know you’ll win.

The flow of the game. The game from the ground up is designed to encourage players to group up and help each other. To share knowledge and resources and to help those who are behind to catch up.

Classic is harder, unforgiving and can be frustrating, but once you achieve your goal it feels great. That sense of accomplishment is addicting. Leveling takes time. Progress takes time. Means you put more time and get stuff from hard work. Leveling actually feels like a challenging experience instead of a boring rush to max level.

It's an mmo plus rpg again, a plus 1 stat means something, you notice the difference, you feel the difference. The classes have their own unique pros & cons, separating them from each other. Professions actually mean something now as gold is extremely hard to come by.

It has been an awesome experience so far, the world is bustling and active. The players have been great. I had high expectations and it has exceeded them.

EDIT:

You have Retail players saying Retail is better, they are right. It's right for them.

You have Classic players saying Classic is better, they are right. It is best for them.

Really that is all it is. The only difference is im not in retail forums yelling classic is better. You have your team and in most cases I do not trust teams of any sorts. Enjoy your retail, I will not hate on it and won't come over there to deliberately hate on it. Maybe everyone involved can do the same. I love Classic, you hate it...big fucking deal. How about we just quit being douchebags about it?
    Leveling in classic isn't hard. Quest flow is terrible You have do quests for your level in several zones/hubs and then return to them several times.

You may consider time consumed as immersion, but it's just time consumed. I don't consider high amounts of dedicated time as difficulty, either.

The things you get while leveling are still in the retail version of wow. It's just that they are paced differently. You still get new abilities, you still get gear upgrades the are noticeable improvements in character strength. It's just most people don't level a character from level 1 with white gear. And new players get the boost that comes with the expansion.

And as far as difficulty, if you have the appropriate group for a quest or dungeon, the difficulty is minimal. The current endgame of classic is a joke compared to what it was because they are using 1.12 with it's improvements to both itemization and class design.

The only thing challenging about wow is competitive PvP and mythic dungeons and raids. Same for classic. It'll be PvP and the later tiers of raids. And honestly the only difficult raid will be aq40/naxx due to it being based on 1.12.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post

In retail my warlock's chaos bolt hits for 50k. I cast it on a dude level 115 with 40k health. Somehow his health only dropped 20%. No scaling you say? Maybe not the right term but something is going on here.
    In Classic my soul fire crits for 2000 and when I crit on a player I deal 2000 damage.
    That is the case yes. There is some type of level normalization that occurs in the world. If you're in a zone, say, zuldazar, fighting a player you're attacks scale proportional to their level, and affected by resistances. This normalization also happens in unrated bgs. To make the 110-119 bracket fair, along with the other brackets. Rated bgs gear isn't normalized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Quite honest retail is better, the raids evolved and mechanics are now harder. They are indeed harder and even have a hardest of the hardest difficulty that is mythic that people can't even be world first after 6 days, unless it's usually method.
    Harder does not mean better. Quite the opposite in my opinion. Classic raids are easy and accessible to everyone, not just elitist nolife crowd. So you can raid with nice people, not with high ilvl top parses jerks and still achieve everything. I just hope they'll nerf Naxx, I've heard it's stupidly hard.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Harder does not means better. Quite the opposite in my opinion. Classic raids are easy and accessible to everyone, not just elitist nolife crowd. So you can raid with nice people, not with high ilvl top parses jerks and still achieve everything. I just hope they'll nerf Naxx, I've heard it's stupidly hard.
    I dont know why people dont see "time commitment" as something "hard".

To raid in classic it means you need to find a guild and have raiding hours...and having at least 3 hours straight of your real life not being interrupted.

That is "hard", depending on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I dont know why people dont see "time commitment" as something "hard".

To raid in classic it means you need to find a guild and have raiding hours...and having at least 3 hours straight of your real life not being interrupted.

That is "hard", depending on the person.
    No that is inconvenience, that has nothing to do with difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    but the retail grind is worse then the classic one, the classic one you can crush over a single week, retail's takes months.
    You meant that the other way around right?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Harder does not mean better. Quite the opposite in my opinion. Classic raids are easy and accessible to everyone, not just elitist nolife crowd. So you can raid with nice people, not with high ilvl top parses jerks and still achieve everything. I just hope they'll nerf Naxx, I've heard it's stupidly hard.
    But you cant achieve anything if everything is handed to you for free. Just use some logic - makes your trolling better.

I have put in 9 days /played over the last few weeks (hardly touched retail, generally logging in to do a 15+ weekly, mythic raid and some light AP farm).

I have solo leveled a Warrior (almost 56 as I type this), as prot, tanking dungeons at level appropriate - next up is a full run of BRD when I gather all the quests.

I played in Vanilla but honestly I am enjoying things perhaps even more this time around. I am a much better player now (as most people are) so stance dancing is not an issue for me, I find it incredibly rewarding.

To start out as a level 1 with absolutly nothing but a dull blade, not a copper to my name and dressed only in rags, to now at level 55 with way more abilities, when soloing feels a lot better, it's so rewarding and a breath of fresh air from the "shiny shiny epics" that are dangled in our face everywhere on retail because Blizzard think we are idiots with no attention spans and must be sated with shiny objects every 10 minutes.

We thought we did and we did

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    Sure you can die in BFA if you're in shitty gear and make a monumental mistake. But you can just do a few world quests and a few mythics and those sweet purples will squirt right into your lap, like warm diarrhea. BFA is no risk, no reward. Class identity is a complete mess. Classic rewards a measure approach, you cant just mash shit all the time.

Go enjoy BFA. I'm happy its there so i don't have to have you body pulling fucking everything in my classic dungeons.
    Yes, I love my identity as a frost mage where i spam 1 button and get to parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I have put in 9 days /played over the last few weeks (hardly touched retail, generally logging in to do a 15+ weekly, mythic raid and some light AP farm).

I have solo leveled a Warrior (almost 56 as I type this), as prot, tanking dungeons at level appropriate - next up is a full run of BRD when I gather all the quests.

I played in Vanilla but honestly I am enjoying things perhaps even more this time around. I am a much better player now (as most people are) so stance dancing is not an issue for me, I find it incredibly rewarding.

To start out as a level 1 with absolutly nothing but a dull blade, not a copper to my name and dressed only in rags, to now at level 55 with way more abilities, when soloing feels a lot better, it's so rewarding and a breath of fresh air from the "shiny shiny epics" that are dangled in our face everywhere on retail because Blizzard think we are idiots with no attention spans and must be sated with shiny objects every 10 minutes.
    How many epics do you get while leveling in normal WoW?

You seriously compare Classic leveling vs normal WoW endgame.

Do you need me to tell what color the gear is that drops from Classic raids, or you can figure that out yourself?