Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    The "third death" prophecy is not about Alleria. Her line in that comic is very clearly a red herring, since she basically said "HEY GUYS, I ALREADY DIED TWICE!!", which removes any kind of speculation one might have on the topic (very clearly against Blizzard's goal with this whole whispers plotline). Like, come on. Obviously it wasn't going to be so straightforward and literally "in your face". Instead, it is obvious that Azshara is now the object of that prophecy:

1) She first died after the Sundering and N'Zoth resurrected her as a naga;
    2) Then, she died at the end of her raid and N'Zoth resurrected her as a Void-infused creature;
    3) She will die again in 8.3 (which is about N'Zoth) and usher in the return of the Void. She would make even more sense than Alleria because she is much more corrupted by the Void. This way, she also fulfills her role as the "Gul'dan" of this expansion. Much like Gul'dan ushered in the Legion's return, Azshara will usher in the Void's return.
    I agree with this. Highly plausible. But still, same could be said for Azeroth as well. I find it more connected because of Heart of Azeroth (neck)

And also... this just came to my mind as I type this msg....
    "Five torches to light our path." - Dragonflights? We ask them to aid us mending Heart of Azeroth which "Surface blazes bright.... Masking shadows below."

Quick recount
    blue
    green
    red
    black
    bronze
    maybe we see a bit more of other dragonflights in 8.3 too.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yeah sure, hindsight is 20/20 lol.
    We know that the third death refers to Azshara and the phrase was said in legion and Azshara became a prominent lore figure one expansion later

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    We know that the third death refers to Azshara and the phrase was said in legion and Azshara became a prominent lore figure one expansion later
    No we don't and no it doesn't. She didn't die yet. Neither 10k years ago nor in the EP.

No we don't and no it doesn't. She didn't die yet. Neither 10k years ago nor in the EP.
    Neither did Alleria or Azeroth then, and Sylvanas already died thrice.

dude, its obvious, she dies first as a night elf 10000 years ago, she dies a second time as a naga in the raid and she will die a third time, probably at the end of this expansion as a void creature.

With the Burning of Teldrassil it's different. Sylvanas didn't literally say "I WILL BURN THE TREE AT THE END OF THE WAR", in fact she said the exact opposite, she vowed to conquer it for the Horde. The two cases would be comparable if Alleria actually said "Thank goodness I've never died once, though I came very close to dying twice".

Another reason why it's most likely not Alleria is that she's barely had any role in BfA. It's too late. If they wanted to set up an arc where she is corrupted by N'Zoth and ushers in the return of the Void, they shouldn't have relegated her to a NPC on a random boat. That's why I don't think she'll suddenly return in the spotlight in 8.3 only to fall to madness and release the Void. This kind of storyline can't just be asspulled at the last moment, it needs to be set up from the beginning, and the character needs to be actively on the spotlight to truly convey the idea that they are losing themselves in a spiral of madness. This would like if Arthas randomly disappeared after the Andorhal mission only to suddenly reappear at the end of the Human campaign with Frostmourne already in his hands, without any explanation or proper representation of his descent into madness.

Keep in mind, we are talking about a character (Alleria) who has been anticipated for a decade.
    I agree with you. But as much as my awareness of the fact that I know Blizzard writers love Sylvanas, I still can't help but feel she is the one being built up to release the Void.

Delivering her the husk of Xal'atah sounded creepy(with the whole "a new power seems to urge you to deliver the dagger" to "her eyes darken even more"), both for the quest text as for the implications. But more than that, she also keeps calling Anduin "the boy king", and talking how he is "messing with things far out of his power".

The only other thing to talk about a "Boy-king" was Il'gynoth.

And what powers could these be? Most members of the alliance have dealt with the usual arsenal of Sylvanas' powers; Blight, Ambushes, Necromancy. Hell, they fougth the Scourge. So what exactly would these powers outside of his league even be, if not for the Void?

Neither did Alleria or Azeroth then, and Sylvanas already died thrice.
    I agree.
    See, people are always trying to see WoW lore as something complicated, extraordinary, never seen before. I feel pity seeing threads like this, people trying to make who-knows-what out of what Blizzard is showing, not learning from so many examples how WoW lore is simple and straightforward.

It's Sylvanas and Blizzard is basically showing it, but they said "It's not what you expect!" so people try to look for something that just won't happen, as always.

dude, its obvious, she dies first as a night elf 10000 years ago, she dies a second time as a naga in the raid and she will die a third time, probably at the end of this expansion as a void creature.
    It's obvious you are not familiar with Blizzard's style of writing. If they say "death", they mean it. Not some transformation, not anything. Death. Sylvanas died. Azeroth did not. Azshara did not. At what point during the Warbringers cinematic do you see Azshara dead. At what point do you see her dead at EP cinematic. If in your book falling down, closing your eyes and not moving means death then you are dying every night I guess.

The only thing obvious is that you're trying to force something else entirely out of something that is actually obvious because it was simply shown by Blizzard themselves. Don't expect some twist ouf of a sudden. You can't teach an old dog to behave entirely different, and you can't expect many-years writers to suddenly change their style.

This would be great if only because it reinforces how much of a dick N'zoth is. He would have known about her final two death's will in advance and probably planned his minions fate.

Along with Deathwing N'zoth just doesn't do rewarding minions

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I agree with this. Highly plausible. But still, same could be said for Azeroth as well. I find it more connected because of Heart of Azeroth (neck)

And also... this just came to my mind as I type this msg....
    "Five torches to light our path." - Dragonflights? We ask them to aid us mending Heart of Azeroth which "Surface blazes bright.... Masking shadows below."

Quick recount
    blue
    green
    red
    black
    bronze
    maybe we see a bit more of other dragonflights in 8.3 too.
    the "her third death" line likely refers to lilian voss, who's had shadow powers since her raising, likely due to the fact that we're all damned to the shadowlands by default and the faceless rogue archetypes have been shown to have similar powers.

I agree.
    See, people are always trying to see WoW lore as something complicated, extraordinary, never seen before. I feel pity seeing threads like this, people trying to make who-knows-what out of what Blizzard is showing, not learning from so many examples how WoW lore is simple and straightforward.

It's Sylvanas and Blizzard is basically showing it, but they said "It's not what you expect!" so people try to look for something that just won't happen, as always.

It's obvious you are not familiar with Blizzard's style of writing. If they say "death", they mean it. Not some transformation, not anything. Death. Sylvanas died. Azeroth did not. Azshara did not. At what point during the Warbringers cinematic do you see Azshara dead. At what point do you see her dead at EP cinematic. If in your book falling down, closing your eyes and not moving means death then you are dying every night I guess.

The only thing obvious is that you're trying to force something else entirely out of something that is actually obvious because it was simply shown by Blizzard themselves. Don't expect some twist ouf of a sudden. You can't teach an old dog to behave entirely different, and you can't expect many-years writers to suddenly change their style.
    wow you opened my eyes!!!... give me a break pls.

No, its not silvanas, she has already died 3 times, in case you havent notest.

Xal' Atath's 3rd death will usher in the coming of the Void Lords. First death was at the hands of the other 4 Old Gods, 2nd Death was technically at the hands of Shadow Priests when they used her to siphon the energy out of Sargaras' sword, her third death will be in the final fight of the raid in 8.3 and next expansion is Light vs Void with a "United" Azeroth stuck in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    Xal' Atath's 3rd death will usher in the coming of the Void Lords. First death was at the hands of the other 4 Old Gods, 2nd Death was technically at the hands of Shadow Priests when they used her to siphon the energy out of Sargaras' sword, her third death will be in the final fight of the raid in 8.3 and next expansion is Light vs Void with a "United" Azeroth stuck in the middle.
    That's also very interesting! It's either Xal'athath or Azshara at this point. Both of which actually want the return of the Void Lords, unlike Alleria, Sylvanas, or Azeroth.

wow you opened my eyes!!!... give me a break pls.

No, its not silvanas, she has already died 3 times, in case you havent notest.
    I hate it when people not willing to discuss or present their thoughts in a clear and correct way open threads.

If your sole intention was to garner here only aye-sayers then I'm out, since discussing with you is actually a waste of time.

Tip for the future - do not engage in real life discussions, you will find yourself cornered really fast and a BabyRage reaction will not pass most of the time.

EDIT: I'll add something that just sparked in my mind. Just because "Her third death will usher our coming" is said during Legion, doesn't have to mean it didn't happen already.
    Sylvanas' third death was in front of Gilneas wall by Godfrey. It was in Cata. Notice how Old Gods' and their creatures presence has increased since then. 4.3 was heavy old gods influenced, then remnants of Y'sharraj were easily awakened in MoP, the heart of Y'sharraj also came back to kind of living state, Ilgynoth in the Nightmare and now N'zoth.

IDK, the ushering doesnt have to be flat out appocalypse in a span of seconds after that character's death. It could be a long process, some kind of broken seal allowing the Old gods presence to grow bigger and bigger.

Just food for thought. I still think it's Sylvanas because I don't trust Blizzard to write any differently and there is too much going on with her, to the point of her coming into contact with an object that used to contain an old gods' spirit or whatever it was.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2019-09-21 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Don't ignore the possibility that Blizzard is making shit up as they go along and that these whispers no longer have a meaning.
    no, but there are provable ties to the current plot back to atleast cataclysm.

I hate it when people not willing to discuss or present their thoughts in a clear and correct way open threads.

If your sole intention was to garner here only aye-sayers then I'm out, since discussing with you is actually a waste of time.

Tip for the future - do not engage in real life discussions, you will find yourself cornered really fast and a BabyRage reaction will not pass most of the time.

EDIT: I'll add something that just sparked in my mind. Just because "Her third death will usher our coming" is said during Legion, doesn't have to mean it didn't happen already.
    Sylvanas' third death was in front of Gilneas wall by Godfrey. It was in Cata. Notice how Old Gods' and their creatures presence has increased since then. 4.3 was heavy old gods influenced, then remnants of Y'sharraj were easily awakened in MoP, the heart of Y'sharraj also came back to kind of living state, Ilgynoth in the Nightmare and now N'zoth.

IDK, the ushering doesnt have to be flat out appocalypse in a span of seconds after that character's death. It could be a long process, some kind of broken seal allowing the Old gods presence to grow bigger and bigger.

Just food for thought. I still think it's Sylvanas because I don't trust Blizzard to write any differently and there is too much going on with her, to the point of her coming into contact with an object that used to contain an old gods' spirit or whatever it was.
    wow now you are making psychological analysis, you sure are special.

your edits are you simply twisting the lore, like a lot, to fit the narrative. The prophecies werent event a thing back then in cataclysm, blizzard havent even thought about them yet, why would they introduce the "3 deaths" phrase if it was already fulfilled, they are called "prophecies" for a reason, they talk about the future, not the past.
    Silvanas cant be the protagonist of that prophecy, because it doesnt make sense, you trying to twist everything to support your argument is fucking hillarious.

your edits are you simply twisting the lore, like a lot, to fit the narrative. The prophecies werent event a thing back then in cataclysm, blizzard havent even thought about them yet, why would they introduce the "3 deaths" phrase if it was already fulfilled, they are called "prophecies" for a reason, they talk about the future, not the past

LMAO you seriously overestimate blizz writers. If you think if its anything else than "hey guys remember that one thing we wrote 4 years ago? we could connect it with the current story, that would look like it was all long in the making" then you are a fool. The story isnt made with longevity in mind, with so many retcons recently and even more plot holes that dont even make sense.
    Ofc they didnt even think about Sylvanas death's implications, lmao. But now when they are making this silly "prophecies" for people like you to do mental gymnastics about, they will come and say "See? Its been in the making all this time, you LITERALLY couldnt see that coming!".

Silvanas cant be the protagonist of that prophecy, because it doesnt make sense, you trying to twist everything to support your argument is fucking hillarious.
    You reek of hypocrisy, it's actually disturbing. That was my last response to you, there's actually something unsettling in discussing with people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think it is highly likely, that Blizzard have forgot or chosen to not continue the story according to the whispers of Ii'gynoth.

It might just be a waste of time to dig into it, if Blizzard does not even care about following it completly anymore. We are about to see the end of the Sylvanas storyline started in Legion and it is unlikely, that all the whispers guide towards her will actually come true.
    They have these stories laid out like 2 expacs in advance... they wouldn’t just forget something that significant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    And for our big surprise Lord of Ravens is... Raven Lord from Heroes of the Storm, so one-universe theory is right!
    I almost wouldn't mind if they just said "fuck it" and revealed that the void lords are the Realm Lords from HotS and that the Void is the Nexus, just to see all the fallout. I mean, the Void does exist "beyond reality" according to Chronicle.

LMAO you seriously overestimate blizz writers. If you think if its anything else than "hey guys remember that one thing we wrote 4 years ago? we could connect it with the current story, that would look like it was all long in the making" then you are a fool. The story isnt made with longevity in mind, with so many retcons recently and even more plot holes that dont even make sense.
    Ofc they didnt even think about Sylvanas death's implications, lmao. But now when they are making this silly "prophecies" for people like you to do mental gymnastics about, they will come and say "See? Its been in the making all this time, you LITERALLY couldnt see that coming!".

You reek of hypocrisy, it's actually disturbing. That was my last response to you, there's actually something unsettling in discussing with people like you.
    again, blizzard may be bad writters, but they can speak english, a prophecy is always about the future, it doesnt even have to be the long distant future, it can be the next day as long as is in the future. The prophecy of the 3 deaths, goes like this "At the hour of her third death, she WILL usher in our coming." . Notest the use of the word "will", meaning future, not past.

and pls spare me your lame psychological analysis, thanks.

again, blizzard may be bad writters, but they can speak english, a prophecy is always about the future, it doesnt even have to be the long distant future, it can be the next day as long as is in the future. The prophecy of the 3 deaths, goes like this "At the hour of her third death, she WILL usher in our coming." . Notest the use of the word "will", meaning future, not past.

and pls spare me your lame psychological analysis, thanks.
    dude, rule 1 of MMOC, don't waste time on sylvanus-lickers.
    they're delusional.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-22 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Received Infraction