Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many Newbies did you encounter in Classic?

A lot of people think there is no "fresh meat" playing Classic WoW. Its all veterans and actual Vanilla players.
    I am of the opinion that there is many newbies. MANY!

Im talking people who never played WoW before or joined in Cataclysm onwards.

How many did you encounter so far on your adventures? And do you have any funny stories?

I ran Uldaman 5 times and in 2 of those i was in a full group of Newbies.
    One said never played WoW before, the others said that joined in Wrath and Cataclysm and had no idea where to go.

I'll just leave here a funny video of newbies playing Classic. Its a sight to behold. Incredibly funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfjEWLloZs&t=8m41s
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-21 at 05:56 PM.

Wrath was more than a decade ago mate, don't think you can call a player like that a "newbie" Few of my friends never played it and they seem to be enjoying it for now

10+ Year Old Account
    A handful of classic "newbs" that need help finding stuff but no actual WoW noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Wrath was more than a decade ago mate, don't think you can call a player like that a "newbie" Few of my friends never played it and they seem to be enjoying it for now
    I was trying to think in my head "since when was WoW very different from vanilla"

Maybe its Cata onwards and not wrath?

Did people made groups for low level dungeons in wrath? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    LFG was introduced in last major patch of WotLK.

I was trying to think in my head "since when was WoW very different from vanilla"

Maybe its Cata onwards and not wrath?

Newbie to Classic would be Cata onwards, as that's when the world changed. So anyone who didn't play before Cata is seeing it all for the first time. Sure, lots of system changes happened over time before Cata, but they were mostly progressive so I don't think there was a point where things "changed" from Vanilla more than the actual world changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Newbie to Classic would be Cata onwards, as that's when the world changed. So anyone who didn't play before Cata is seeing it all for the first time. Sure, lots of system changes happened over time before Cata, but they were mostly progressive so I don't think there was a point where things "changed" from Vanilla more than the actual world changing.
    Ok, i changed the Op to Cataclysm.
    But just so you know, someone who joined in wrath had no idea where to go in Uldaman absolutely zero idea, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I've run into at least 4 who have never played WoW before (and I typically solo the vast majority of the time), which has been interesting (haven't had to help someone on basics in a very long time).

Another 3 or 4 others who have only played more recent (no earlier than MoP), so they have found the experience eye opening (and positive for the ones I've met).

I have seen and talked to 10+ newbies but amout of noobs is insane.

Everyone is trying classic. Most people i played with didn't even know RFC instance

Playing a tank in classic has confirmed in my experience most people are either genuinely new to classic or don't understand how mechanics work in classic to the point of being a noob lol. From min/max DPS that don't understand threat to DPS pulling ahead and wondering why they are dieing. I've had a few nooby healers but very few actually. Outside of dungeons met plenty of "noobies" that have been fun to help, they're always so grateful! Makes taking some time out of leveling so worth it. All in all my personal experience has been a healthy mix of knowledgeable people and noobs, with the groups you'd rather not group with again being the outlying statistics for sure.

Many. It's actually really surprising. I noticed it day one when someone asked in general whether clerics will have a difficult time soloing.
    I thought I was back in 2004 and this came from an EQ player. I have seen a discussion since then about rangers too.

We have 2 people in my guild that have never played an MMO game before. People ask the most basic questions all the time, like how to join the lfg channel, how to set up tabs, etc.
    The amount of retail players that are still playing Classic is surprising enough but the amount of completely new players to Wow (and MMOs) is way more so. I don't think even Blizz was expecting for Classic to be such a hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, i changed the Op to Cataclysm.
    But just so you know, someone who joined in wrath had no idea where to go in Uldaman absolutely zero idea, lol.
    Nobody knows where uldaman is!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    I also met a mage who at lvl 30 something only had lvl 4 food (Not water though) because he didn't need to regenerate health as much as mana.
    that's actually a smart thing to do, esp before you buy your mount

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I also met a mage who at lvl 30 something only had lvl 4 food (Not water though) because he didn't need to regenerate health as much as mana.
    That was smart, not noobish. Spells cost money, and with amount of mana you have to regenerate over health, it makes total sense to save money for lvl 40 mount.
    I'm lvl 43 mage with 1.3k hp and 3.5k mana, food mostly covers entire health pull 3 times before you get your mana.
    Also, rank 5 food is lvl 42, so not sure how 30+ can have anything different.

I've met quite a few hunters who didn't know how to teach their pet Growl.
    I don't even want to know how many lvl 40 hunters run around with Bite/Claw rank 1, lol. I've talked to a few hunters too; it's amazing how many have no idea about pets, training, don't know what Petopia is, etc. I honestly feel kind of bad for them. Some of them probably ditch the class because "weak pet" lol.

The number of players intrigued by my furbolg form has been more than zero, which is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    The number of players intrigued by my furbolg form has been more than zero, which is pretty cool.
    I run around like that all the time too, haha.

I'll just leave here a funny video of newbies playing Classic. Its a sight to behold. Incredibly funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfjEWLloZs&t=8m41s
    That's awesome!

Honestly, I haven't touched Classic. You will never have that feeling you had when you played for the first time. Even if Classic tries to emulate it, it's not new and magical anymore.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have ran into some.

I was helping a noob shamie with a elite quest and while we where puling two mobs before the elite, he's totems pulled the elite and he was killed. He started calling me ALOT of things and said i was a noob mage, for not sheeping the elite and i tried to tell him that his totem kept breaking the sheep AND he kept hitting the elite to, when it was attacking him, and my frost nova was on CD for trying to control the other two mobs...... Fun times

I also laugh every time i see i low lvl noobie warrior rush in to try and kill 3+ mobs . They die every time

Oh and every time people see a chest, they forget all about the mobs at the chest and almost always dies
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    Around 15-20% of our guild of 400+ have never played WoW before.