Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What does this prove though? "You know more about the future of WoW at Blizzcon" - you musn't be Nostradamus to predict that. This is just another weird statement as it pushes every possible 8.3 talk towards Blizzcon.
    It proves nothing. EU CMs have no idea

But it wasn't? Besides 7.1 coming too fast Legion's schedule was excellent and one of the reasons why players kept playing. BfA lacks this continuitiy. And being ahead with one patch doesn't justify being delayed with all others like BfA is. By the time of 8.2.5 drop 7.2.5 was 3.5 months live.
    Blizzard said it was just a coincidence that every patch launched 77 days apart, but i doubt anyone believes them. Having a date the patch has to be finishes before you even work on it can't be good.
    This reflects in Legions patches. They where mostly empty. Remember the biggest patch wow has ever seen with 7.2? There was nothing to do. All legion patches have been new worldquests and a new cap for your artifact so you kept grinding.
    This may have had other reasons, but i blame them trying to push out patches on a deadline set months in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Blizzard said it was just a coincidence that every patch launched 77 days apart, but i doubt anyone believes them. Having a date the patch has to be finishes before you even work on it can't be good.
    This reflects in Legions patches. They where mostly empty. Remember the biggest patch wow has ever seen with 7.2? There was nothing to do. All legion patches have been new worldquests and a new cap for your artifact so you kept grinding.
    This may have had other reasons, but i blame them trying to push out patches on a deadline set months in advance.
    How's BfA any different from that (additionally with patches being delayed)? Mage Tower + Mount quests are a ton of content they delivered throughout patches, at least a lot more than the war campaign itself.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-21 at 07:15 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not to mention the AotC achievement mount, which has been a thing the last 3 expansions.

Speaking of that, i do wonder what it is going to be this time. The mounts tend to look quite good all things considered.
    Eh... I was let down with the spell bird.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    It proves nothing. EU CMs have no idea
    Does this mean you are a EU CM?

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Does this mean you are a EU CM?
    yes /10char

But i dunno they might but they rarely share stuff and 99.99...% of the time just quote US blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Eh... I was let down with the spell bird.
    Well i thought it looked good, simple colors, nothing extravagant. Made for a terrific mount when partnered with the Antorus mage set.

Still though, curious what it will be for BfA, unless it is a Azerite elemental of some sort i cannot really think of a faction that can give a mount like Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about it, the 3 mounts we have gotten from the final boss have no consistent theme in who gives it to us or for what reason beyond WoD and Legion being gained from an item that drops from the boss, so i guess guessing on what the mount will be based on faction is a bit of a lost cause.

As posted before, there will be an 8.3 as we haven't fought the final boss yet. Another raid tier, which will come in a numbered patch.

On a side note though, I'd take anything a blue poster, with the title of Forum Ambassador, says with a grain of salt. IIRC, they're like Game Masters and not official community managers. They often respond to obvious stuff that has already been answered by players, often days later, for whatever reason. The Forum Ambassador rank was basically created to make it look like there's more of a blue presence on the forums. I think @chaud has it set up to prune a lot of the "blue posts" from rank but they still sneak through from time to time I think, and Wowhead's tracker shows them all (definitely could be wrong on this). I will say this is the first time that I have seen a Forum Ambassador really go out of his way like that, since he's just a game master without any info, but I guess saying "hey wait for Blizzcon" instead of even giving an obvious "yeah there's an 8.3" is still within the very limited confines of what a Forum Ambassador can say.

I'm trying to remember what the original title for Forum Ambassador was before they changed it. I believe they had it as Forum Engagement briefly. Engagement just made it obvious they were posting for the sake of posting, which is what they're still doing of course, bumping some threads 3 days later to say "yeah this poster was right"

Overall it feels like it's no longer the CMs job to really relay information on the forums outside of betas and PTRs. They still write all the blogs and do social media of course. Once in awhile you'll see a longform post though, but my guess is they're more stretched thin between all the other Blizzard games now. And CMs were targetted in the layoffs. Bornakk has taken over for Ysithiens and posts here and there, though usually non-informational.

e Bornakk not Bashiok lmao
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-09-21 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Bashiok doesn't work for Blizzard anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    the plottwist is we will have a 8.4 with a enhanced selfie camera who can now make videos and play music, so you can use your custom dance studio that is also coming in patch 8.4

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pretty sure Bashiok doesn't work for Blizzard anymore.
    Whoops, meant to say Bornakk. Brown orc icon guy who's been around forever, went years without posting but has stepped it up/picked up the slack since the layoffs. Chill guy.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-09-21 at 09:49 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I reckon we are going to get a livestream for 8.3 on the 8th of october.

It's been a freaking while since the last QnA, I don't even remember from when it was... Maybe that's what's coming ?
    Even tho I know of doubt it.
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Where did this ludicrous idea that 8.3 has been cancelled even come from? Seriously, what sparked it? It's just so bizarre to me. Is it the result of a collective stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Where did this ludicrous idea that 8.3 has been cancelled even come from? Seriously, what sparked it? It's just so bizarre to me. Is it the result of a collective stroke?
    A mix of patches being more "late" than legion timeline, by legion time we got 7.3 by now. Meaning BFA is a whole patch late.
    And probably some BFA haters who want this expansion to end also added into the mix.

Several reasons and the possibility of 8.3 being scrapped was mentioned long before any YouTuber came up with that idea:

- Poor reception of BfA in general
    - Delayed patches (we're 4 months late compared to Legion's schedule; by the time of 8.2.5 release 7.3 was already one month live)
    - 8.2 as big as former final expansion patches
    - "Azshara is Gul'dan" (this would fit Gul'dan from WoD) being the introduction to 9.0
    - Blizzard not once talking about 8.3 directly or mentioning it
    - 8.2.5 wrapping up war campaign

I am sure I've left out several but those came to my mind right now.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-21 at 10:51 PM.

Several reasons and the possibility of 8.3 being scrapped was mentioned long before any YouTuber came up with that idea:

- Poor reception of BfA in general
    - Delayed patches (we're 4 months late compared to Legion's schedule; by the time of 8.2.5 release 7.3 was already one month live)
    - 8.2 as big as former final expansion patches
    - "Azshara is Gul'dan" (this would fit Gul'dan from WoD) being the introduction to 9.0
    - Blizzard not once talking about 8.3 directly or mentioning it
    - 8.2.5 wrapping up war campaign

I am sure I've left out several but those came to my mind right now.
    I'm not even going to bother listing why none of those points mean anything. You're delusional if you think there won't be an 8.3. Scrapping isn't done on a whim.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even going to bother listing why none of those points mean anything. You're delusional if you think there won't be an 8.3. Scrapping isn't done on a whim.
    i think he is just posting why people would think of, not that he think this is true and 8.3 is scrapped

some of then actually make a bit of sense, Wod was scrapped too

Don't mean anything to you, yet for a lot of other players. If those points would be meaningless we wouldn't even have this discussion everywhere surrounding 8.3. As I said, being open to arguments in a discussion makes sense. I was 100% sure we won't get 8.3 yet I see the possibility of 8.3's existence because of arguments that were made. I am torn, 50:50 for 8.3's existence and non-existence. Both sides have good arguments.

If Eternal Palace was going to be the last raid we'd know already by now. We knew HFC was the last raid very quickly after it was released.