Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Yes slowly dying. That's what I see aswell. Only 30k people online the last two days on a language specific medium to full realm on one faction per server. For retail players: Thats like 10.000 times the players you see while world questing.

Clasic is still going strong and will keep it's playerbase. Classic gamers are MMORPG people. They will stick to the end. And even 10% of the current playerbase will be enough. So good try but no.
    Is there a specific reason for the hyperbole? I get it, lots of people play Classic, and that is fine. But what is with the obsession of trying to put down those who don't like it much? I mean, it doesn't even make much sense. You say that Classic gamers stick to the end, but wouldn't that mean that, if they started in Vanilla, they would still play retail?
    I personally don't really like the direction retail has taken for a while now, but WoW is still where my friends play and one of the best free (gold) games out there. Not really saying all that much, but for me, Classic just doesn't click since it's re-doing content I did years ago. Can't we all just get along and agree on people having different tastes, instead of comparing sizes, I mean people playing?

Need to merge retail realms first.

Lots and lots of deader than shit retail realms.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    People are no more migrating to low pop realms, they prefer to deal with 20 minutes queues than having to wait 1 hour to get a heal or a tank, realms like Judgment EU are extremely deserted, this needs to change NOW and not until "they collect data".
    If there is 20 mn queues, it doesn't really require a merge, does it ?

Yes slowly dying. That's what I see aswell. Only 30k people online the last two days on a language specific medium to full realm on one faction per server. For retail players: Thats like 10.000 times the players you see while world questing.

Clasic is still going strong and will keep it's playerbase. Classic gamers are MMORPG people. They will stick to the end. And even 10% of the current playerbase will be enough. So good try but no.
    Why the obvious exaggeration and fail logic? Why compare seeing ppl in the world? Retail has 400x the content spread over 15 years, while in classic we have next to nothing. That's fine, it's what I expected and how I remember it, but you need to start being honest with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    They won't be doing merges in Classic, unless you hear otherwise. They stopped doing them on Retail a long time ago, wish they'd start back up
    They should in classic, they should have a long time ago. Instead they are financially rewarded in the form of paid transfers not to. Of course that is a short sighted way to look at it since many just quit rather than transfer or reroll. Classic on the other hand is going to face this in odd ways. One of the reasons I would never even consider the free transfers they offered. I can't believe people took them. Server population and health is so very important in a vanilla setting. Many of these much needed new servers are going to be ghost towns soon and once that wheel starts spinning it only picks up speed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Game lost the hype, it's slowly dying.
    welp pack it up boys. The game is dead. We did the best we could. /s
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point until layers are removed.

*ahem*

This isn’t the place to give suggestions for servers, do so on the official forums. Blizzard is not over this site.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why the obvious exaggeration and fail logic? Why compare seeing ppl in the world? Retail has 400x the content spread over 15 years, while in classic we have next to nothing. That's fine, it's what I expected and how I remember it, but you need to start being honest with yourself.
    MOST retail content is pointless. nobody does it. it's useless. people afk in cities because the game allows them to via queues

Where did you get that info ?
    I hope they don't as well.

Those who decided to move need to understand why it was a bad decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are no more migrating to low pop realms, they prefer to deal with 20 minutes queues than having to wait 1 hour to get a heal or a tank, realms like Judgment EU are extremely deserted, this needs to change NOW and not until "they collect data".
    So, you are an advocate of 'do something, even if its wrong'... Well, I'm an advocate of 'You made the choice, you live with it'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Sadly this is not the behavior exhibited by most private server players.
    Yes, there are some that will play until the very last breath on both versions of the game, but in Classic, the shelf life is a real problem.
    Once it starts to creep into the picture, people start to look to all kinds of odd things.
    The most common answer on private servers was a "fresh realm."

To me, it seemed like a solid chunk of the playerbase was behind this concept where a new realm on a new timeline would launch every 6-10 months.
    That might sound fine at first, but once you realize it basically crushes the previous realm list's population you realize that most people aren't as you describe them.

They aren't there to make 10+ year connections to their characters.
    They are just there to level and post in public chat channels.

The biggest mistake Blizzard made was making too many realms.
    Now, they will have no choice but to merge them, eventually.
    Its not needed yet, I'm sure.

But its an WHEN not an IF, for sure.

You can spout out numbers all you want, but we have no concrete evidence directly from Blizzard so there is no reason to do so.

All that needs to be said is Classic scales HORRIBLY compared to BFA in terms of population.

Even if some how there are "10.000(???)" people on Classic compared to BFA, in BFA you can play with anyone on any realm in your region, and the sharding tech will redistribute populations accordingly.

WHEN (again, not IF) this situation happens on Classic, there will be no cross realm tech coming to save these realms.
    They will just die.

The only solution was to never make them in the first place, because if you want people to actually do as you say and stick around for years to come, having to constantly worry about your server's health is not going to help.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Merging realms? What are you smoking? Servers have queue times and there are tons of layers, each layer being full of players. As it stands right now, they cant even remove layers because it is so overpopulated and you want realm merging?

leave my RP realm alone please and thank you...

we have prolly the best community, most stable AH, tons of players at all levels, guilds that actively recruit for current and future group content, and KILLER RP going on everywhere. It is a server where we celebrate classic and all its challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If there is 20 mn queues, it doesn't really require a merge, does it ?
    Maybe learn to read ?

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    MOST retail content is pointless. nobody does it. it's useless. people afk in cities because the game allows them to via queues
    What are they queueing for? Why are they in a city? They can queue while doing other content like wq. Classic on the other hand, they have to be in a city to see most of the goups forming
    Don't you hate it when you contradict yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Game lost the hype, it's slowly dying.
    Says every nub since 2005......

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I hope they don't as well.

Those who decided to move need to understand why it was a bad decision.
    Yeah let's punish players for taking a decision based on blizzard bad decision, what a stupid mentality...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    Merging realms? What are you smoking? Servers have queue times and there are tons of layers, each layer being full of players. As it stands right now, they cant even remove layers because it is so overpopulated and you want realm merging?
    Why can't you freaking read ?

Yeah let's punish players for taking a decision based on blizzard bad decision, what a stupid mentality...
    1 bad Decision + 1 bad Decision = 2 bad Decision. It dosen't equal 1 Good desicion.

Either sit through the ques or make a character on a to a decent size pop server, one of those that is close to being classed as locked/que but not quite there yet.

Never move to or start on a completly fresh server.

You need to understand these things before you make a character somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    You realize you have to travel for raids and mythic+ right? You can't just queue and go. Literally the only thing you can do that for is BGs/arena and LFR/heroics/normal dungeons which literally no one does.

I can look for M+ groups in the dungeon finder while I'm out in the world farming old raids or doing world quests and head straight there when I find one, I rarely step foot in org/sw aside from posting auctions. Classic on the other hand requires you to sit in capital cities doing nothing while looking for groups, you fanboys love to contradict yourselves.