Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post

You need to understand these things before you make a character somewhere
    yeah people need to do some studies before playing a game, right ? or maybe should do it instead.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2019-09-21 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What would you suggest? Because there are barren servers on both regions. I'd rather have merging than incentives.

Honestly they shouldn't have opened new servers for "migration" and allowed players to move to any server that wasn't regularly hitting high/full pop.
    My Suggestion? Wait until they fully understand how many people are staying or leaving, all the layering is gone on all realms, and then announce a single free transfer from thinly populated realms to realms that are more populated (but not full).

This idea has the added benefit of allowing customers to control what they want to do. If they want to stay, they can. If they don't want to name change perhaps they can find a realm where they won't have to. To my mind it's a much better idea than forcing stuff through realm mergers.

You can say that Blizzard will never do that--they don't merge realms either so that's not a good reason to dismiss it--but that's my suggestion for better or worse. It's a better alternative than merging realms but it shouldn't happen for a while yet. The premise that no one is using the free transfers may or may not be true. We don't know and that should absolutely not be accepted as fact.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-21 at 11:43 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    yeah people need to do some studies before playing a game, right ? or maybe should do it instead.
    You need to do studies for Dungeon/raid tactics, Studies for which class to pick, Studies for Quest Routes, Studies for Talent choices, Studies on which profession to take.

There's plenty of things you need to do studies for before going into WoW, Unless you wanna have a bad time ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny that Blizzard quietly disabled Census mods on Classic
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This thread is literally talking about ppl on dead realms....you need to be more thoughtful of where you use your blind fanboi rubbish, because this thread? This one right here? It's classic players talking about dead realms.
    The post? The one I replied to? It was saying the game is dying. Maybe learn to read better instead of using your near blind eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    The post? The one I replied to? It was saying the game is dying. Maybe learn to read better instead of using your near blind eyes.
    And the numbers are plummeting, to the point where the playerbase is asking for mergers. This thread, the one you are posting in, that's what it's about. Maybe try to understand with your nearly rotten brain.

Infracted: More civility and respect please {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-22 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Classic on the other hand requires you to sit in capital cities doing nothing while looking for groups, you fanboys love to contradict yourselves.
    Don’t look like a fucking ignorant cunt. There’s no need to stay in the city in classic to find groups. Keep farming your azerite and stop trolling.

Infracted: Flaming {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-22 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I find it funny that Blizzard quietly disabled Census mods on Classic
    That is kinda funny actually...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the numbers are plummeting, to the point where the playerbase is asking for mergers. This thread, the one you are posting in, that's what it's about. Maybe try to understand with your nearly rotten brain.
    Plummeting? Says who? Please provide some numbers and evidence. It's not about plummeting at all, it's about people not flocking to new realms because they are staying on already full and established ones. Irony at its best considering the point has clearly gone over your simple brain.

Infracted - Moderator Note: Knock it off with the insults {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-22 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Plummeting? Says who? Please provide some numbers and evidence. It's not about plummeting at all, it's about people not flocking to new realms because they are staying on already full and established ones. Irony at its best considering the point has clearly gone over your simple brain.
    Says the ppl in this thread. Holy moly my dude, that's the entire point, the ppl in this very thread are saying outside of the core realms, it's almost impossible to form a group, zones are empty, and the realm is dead. That's what is being discussed. Is that seriously too hard for you to understand? The long term demand was grossly exaggerated, and players are already spread far too thin.

Why do you take this obvious truth as a personal attack? Ppl on smaller realms are frustrated with the dead community, and you flat out refuse to accept their reality.

It is somewhat hard to provide the numbers, as the best tool we had, the census mod, has been disabled by blizzard. You can make up any reason you like as to why blizzard might do this, but to ignore that it coincides with multiple requests for mergers and talk of dead servers is a bit silly.

Dude, that’s not “plummeting”, it’s “people are retarded and don’t want to move even though they bitch about queues worse than those Kardashian whores”.

They recently broke the Census addon to try and hide the fact that the servers are dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That is kinda funny actually...
    I can't blame them. The data was being used incorrectly, was presumed to be more accurate than it was and if Blizzard wants to consider their user data and concurrency statistics as proprietary they have a right to do so. It's not like they're the only game studio that plays it close to the vest on how many people are playing. Data like this can affect a business and there's no mandate to have it accessible.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the ppl in this thread. Holy moly my dude, that's the entire point, the ppl in this very thread are saying outside of the core realms, it's almost impossible to form a group, zones are empty, and the realm is dead. That's what is being discussed. Is that seriously too hard for you to understand? The long term demand was grossly exaggerated, and players are already spread far too thin.

Why do you take this obvious truth as a personal attack? Ppl on smaller realms are frustrated with the dead community, and you flat out refuse to accept their reality.

It is somewhat hard to provide the numbers, as the best tool we had, the census mod, has been disabled by blizzard. You can make up any reason you like as to why blizzard might do this, but to ignore that it coincides with multiple requests for mergers and talk of dead servers is a bit silly.
    Again, you're clearly missing the point of the thread. How is the outlying/newer realms issue with low players translating to "the game is dying and subs are plummeting". It's not hard to understand the difference. I don't take anything as a personal attack, I'm just surprised you can't understand something so simple and are claiming delusional rubbish.

Just so you know, here is the definition of plummeting because you don't know it, clearly.

"decrease rapidly in value or amount."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    My Suggestion? Wait until they fully understand how many people are staying or leaving, all the layering is gone on all realms, and then announce a single free transfer from thinly populated realms to realms that are more populated (but not full).

This idea has the added benefit of allowing customers to control what they want to do. If they want to stay, they can. If they don't want to name change perhaps they can find a realm where they won't have to. To my mind it's a much better idea than forcing stuff through realm mergers.

You can say that Blizzard will never do that--they don't merge realms either so that's not a good reason to dismiss it--but that's my suggestion for better or worse. It's a better alternative than merging realms but it shouldn't happen for a while yet. The premise that no one is using the free transfers may or may not be true. We don't know and that should absolutely not be accepted as fact.
    The issue with waiting is, players are suffering now because of their shotty release and subsequent days post launch. I'm not about what Blizzard will or will not do, they've proven to be extremely random with random situations(like how they viewed twinking as a problem in retail so they made it so a 111 twink with exp stopped can't carry Freehold). But something has to be done sooner rather than later or it's going to kill the game for more players now than it would down the line. Because lets face the reality, no one wants to sit on a server at lv60 when that server only has 2 guilds running MC and no other guilds recruiting or bothering to try(yes I understand this is a extreme example, but it's happening now with a couple of NA servers right now). This is a different kind of burnout, the one where you have nothing to do because the game is literally over before it begins for you, and you don't even have the luxury to transfer somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to just get rid of the layering, and make the servers unstable or decrease population caps. Making queues longer again or server lag will get people to xfer.
    Nothing and Everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I can't blame them. The data was being used incorrectly, was presumed to be more accurate than it was and if Blizzard wants to consider their user data and concurrency statistics as proprietary they have a right to do so. It's not like they're the only game studio that plays it close to the vest on how many people are playing. Data like this can affect a business and there's no mandate to have it accessible.
    You aren't wrong... folks were cherry picking data then running around thumping their chests... 'We were right, you were wrong'... then the other side repeats the same thing...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    Blizzard needs to just get rid of the layering, and make the servers unstable or decrease population caps. Making queues longer again or server lag will get people to xfer.
    People would transfer off if they could choose where they want to go, they'd even pay for it. I know I would have left Harod if I could have picked any of the Med pop servers that never reach "high/full", but I'll be damned if I'm going to be stupid enough to take a transfer to a fresh server that's dead before it even starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Don’t look like a fucking ignorant cunt. There’s no need to stay in the city in classic to find groups. Keep farming your azerite and stop trolling.
    You sound a bit defensive and triggered

Nope they do not need to merge at all.