10+ Year Old Account
    City were clearly scathing after last week's poor performance.

Watford are just the poor buggers in the wrong place at the wrong time, this is brutal.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Should be 6 or 7 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The offside rule now is bullshit.

Loving seeing that shit club Watford go down, fuck them and their dumbass managerial merry go round.

I feel like today sums up why PL to me is the most entertaining league because any team on a good day can beat a team on a bad day and you have teams winning one week then losing next. Like City hammering Watford to the point where Watford looked like a League 1 side, yet last week Watford dominated Arsenal like they were a League 1 side and City didn't even manage to get 1 point against newcomers Norwich - who in their turn lost to a pretty lackluster Burnley. Tottenham banged Crystal Palace last week with Leicester losing to a underwhelming Man United yet this weekend Leicester got the 3 points against Spurs.

Don't think it's over either. Could easily see us dropping points to West Ham away, would not be surprised if Arsenal choked against Villa and I think Chelsea could get a point from Liverpool as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    So thats what we're seeing from VAR now, decisions based upon one millimeter of a shoulder being offside? This offside rule sucks complete dick.
    It's enforcement, not a rule change. I mean those sorts of marginal decisions still went through correctly before, except you also had wrong off-side calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything this will prompt a rule change as to what counts as offside, because these micro differences do not give an edge in play.

VAR is simply upholding the law. After we've seen a full season of VAR then we should question whether the rules are right, instead of moaning about VAR itself. Personally I'd like to see:

1. The new handball in the lead up to a goal rule scrapped. Load of shit.
    2. Advantage or benefit of the doubt given to the attacking player in the case of a not clear and obvious offside i.e. one toe offside, a millimetre of a shoulder offside.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Gotta give it to De Jong. Coming in from a treble contender to help Barca get out of this slob. Shows great character and resolve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    VAR is simply upholding the law. After we've seen a full season of VAR then we should question whether the rules are right, instead of moaning about VAR itself. Personally I'd like to see:

2. Advantage or benefit of the doubt given to the attacking player in the case of a not clear and obvious offside i.e. one toe offside, a millimetre of a shoulder offside.
    That would get abused hard. Players just need to get used to it and it’ll stop being a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Gotta give it to De Jong. Coming in from a treble contender to help Barca get out of this slob. Shows great character and resolve.
    Valverde is a good coach for midtable clubs. That is what he is turning Barca into, a midtable team.

What's going in in La Liga though? For maybe a decade anyone would dread going up against Barcelona or Real Madrid (in last few years also Atletico), now I feel nobody would be scared going up against any of them in a quarter final in CL. Barcelona looks like Arsenal, Real Madrid has invested a lot but doesn't seem any better than previous seasons and Atletico while solid at the back seems about as dangerous moving forward as Man United with Rashford up top.

At this point I would be really surprised if Real Madrid and Barcelona still have the same managers a few months from now.

Problem with VAR currently is the tech isn't good enough for the accuracy they are trying. I saw something saying the frame rate of the camera they are using means that between frames players can move up to 13mm, but they are trying to get accurate to 1mm, which clearly doesn't add up.

I think there needs to be some sort of leeway built into the system, which gives an advantage to the on field decision. Both rugby and cricket have "soft decisions", which then need clear evidence to overturn (if anyone was watching the rugby today they had 2 good examples of this).

A great example in cricket is the way hawkeye works for LBW. If the umpire does a soft call for "out", then the ball has to be fully missing to overturn, but if soft call is "not out" the ball cant just be clipping to overturn, it has to be completely hitting. This effectively gives a margin of error of half a ball, which works perfectly and allows the on field umpire to still have a reason for being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is this Man Utd team. Bloody awful. Rashford needs a word with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What the fuck is this Man Utd team. Bloody awful. Rashford needs a word with himself.
    Rashford hasn't been good but the major issue this game like many hours is we just don't have a midfield. I'll give McT a pass but Mata just offers nothing at all and Matic is about as fast turning as a semi truck. Imagine if we had some midfielders who could find our wingers/attackers with some passes. Yeah Rashford would still need 3 chances to get a goal but we're not creating anything at the moment. Really miserable stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Rashford hasn't been good but the major issue this game like many hours is we just don't have a midfield. I'll give McT a pass but Mata just offers nothing at all and Matic is about as fast turning as a semi truck. Imagine if we had some midfielders who could find our wingers/attackers with some passes. Yeah Rashford would still need 3 chances to get a goal but we're not creating anything at the moment. Really miserable stuff.
    Maybe unfair to single out Rashford but he has been conspicuously bad, while the whole team has been shite. We have nothing on the bench either, just the youth team that couldn’t do shit against a Kazakh side on Thursday. What are they going to do against a PL side?

- - - Updated - - -

And now we don’t even have a centre forward at all.

What has Woodward got on the Glazers that he hadn't been replaced? Wish I knew someone I could piss away the best part of a billion quid for without being questioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was the guy who facilitated their purchase of the club, dodgy loans and all.

Guy has a job as long as he wants it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, eff this. I know you can only play the players you have, and we shouldn't be in this position of having such a depleted squad, but even the guys on the pitch need to perform better than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    He was the guy who facilitated their purchase of the club, dodgy loans and all.

Guy has a job as long as he wants it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, eff this. I know you can only play the players you have, and we shouldn't be in this position of having such a depleted squad, but even the guys on the pitch need to perform better than this.
    Wouldn’t even be mad if we lost 3-4 nil, that’s where this team is. Arsenal next week will be a massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Wouldn’t even be mad if we lost 3-4 nil, that’s where this team is. Arsenal next week will be a massacre.
    We're shit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're shit too.
    You have players who can score though. More than we have.

Yeah I cant see us beating Arsenal next week because if West Ham can score 2 on us, so can Arsenal. And as far as Arsenal's shambolic defense, we wont even have any strikers to put out there so it doesn't matter. 0-0 seems like the best we can hope for.