Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would love to see factions removed, because it is nothing more than an arbitrary barrier at this point (and some blame goes to Blizz for handling factions in horrible ways).

Also, I quit retail because of artificial grinds, and I am not touching Classic for the same reason
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'll never be able to get into classic personally. It was DOA for me since the character progression has a hard wall on it. In that if I get all geared out in Naxx gear, then that's it. Never will there be anymore progression for my character or my account in Classic. Thats it. No more expansions down the road, no more raid tiers, no more nothing new.

That alone severely hampers any motivation I may have had to play Classic. At least on retail I know that the character progression is infinite (well in the sense that until WoW/Blizz in general eventually dies [if it ever does], but at that point classic dies with it anyway).
    why couldnt it continue to TBC or just classic+ though?

I've played and progressed from vanilla until today and am greatly looking forward to class, lore and world development and changes the future holds.

I don't fear systems revamp, I hope for it. "Been there, done that" isn't the experience I am wishing for.

If you wish to play the 15 years old version of the game be glad that you have that option. But don't go around insisting that this is somehow the true way to play WoW.

My character has items and accomplishments that span back to the beginning of WoW, I've already discovered this world, learned and grew in it. Your 2019 spawned Classic toons are only attempting to repeat some of the things that have already been. Enjoy that simulation of the past and leave your imaginary pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I would love to see factions removed, because it is nothing more than an arbitrary barrier at this point (and some blame goes to Blizz for handling factions in horrible ways).

Also, I quit retail because of artificial grinds, and I am not touching Classic for the same reason
    tbh, I wouldnt call any of the grinds in classic "artificial"

there's a ton of grind sure, but to me it feels way more organic than AP farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I don't fear systems revamp, I hope for it. "Been there, done that" isn't the experience I am wishing for.
    sure, but the entirety of BFA feels like "revamp for the sake of revamp" and "if it aint broke, change it anyway"

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    *We will all want to play Albion Online & RuneScape eventually.

Fixed that for you, OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrongo, classic is trash

I was done with classic 13 years ago or so Why'd I want to play that again?

Nah. If it gets super bad, I'll just stick to FFXIV instead and something else for pvp, not play a 15yr old snoozefest. Did everything I ever wanted to in vanilla except finish Naxx (I don't believe any guild on my server actually finished Naxx, but don't quote me on that) but I don't care enough for that. Everything else I remember as if it happened yesterday, which renders me basically immune to nostalgia.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    You just achieved 1 post per year. You will need to wait until 2020 for your next post.
    Grats OP for killing your own thread haha

Why all the negative classic comments? is this some kind of a reverse psychology experiment or something...

My friends list, guild discord is still packed of "playing WoW Classic", even after almost a MONTH!

Retail is dead on it's arse. We log to do weekly 15+ mythic dungeon, mythic raid (Azshara atm, how fun) and an hour every few days to blow through caches or some random quick AP farm now and then.

8.2 was decent for sure, but it's done now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why all the negative classic comments? is this some kind of a reverse psychology experiment or something...
    No, it's because you not only presented the woefully ignorant comment the "everyone" will want to play classic, but you also ignore the reasons why people at this point in time don't want to play classic, and never will. Updated graphics for any game means nothing if the player doesn't like the gameplay. No amount of 5k Ultra HD is gonna want to make me play something like the SNES game Mario is Missing. It was a shit game, and while not everyone may think vanilla)classic) was as bad as MiM the fact is that Classic has a whole host of horrible features. No amount of HD is ever going to cure that.

I'm playing it right now, but I don't expect myself to continue to play it forever graphics update or not. Half the specs are at best memespecs, at worst they are absolutely shit. Leveling is similar to trying to trudge uphill in 3 feet of snow. Yea, you're gonna get to the top eventually, and yea you might feel a sense of accomplishment, but where do you go from there? These are things that were obviously replicated well from vanilla, and bang on to Blizz for doing so, but Vanilla ended 13 years ago. And while I don't agree with all the gameplay decisions that Blizz has made over the years, retail is still more enjoyable that Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    My friends list, guild discord is still packed of "playing WoW Classic", even after almost a MONTH!
    Probably still leveling.

If I were playing Classic and 60 rn with clears of MC/Onyxia done I'd literally log in every reset day and nothing else. I personally can't see what people are doing at max level to keep themselves busy seeing as the patches are coming in stages. An alt would definitely be out of the question for me.

HD refers to resolution and therefore I am actually playing classic in UHD... What did y'all breakout the tube monitors for classic or something?

Classic does not look bad at all.

I think most people would though. If classic gets HD, logically speaking, a new player would wanna finish classic content before jumping onto the retail game. This is how I would do it. But with the current 2004 game, I doubt a new player comparing it to retail would choose it over retail.
    You do realize a lot of players play Retail for vastly different reasons than Graphics, right? Like the massive amount of QoL changes over the years. Mount/Toy/Pet Collection tabs. Mounts not running the fuck away at the slightest hint of water. Transmog. Pet Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    You do realize a lot of players play Retail for vastly different reasons than Graphics, right? Like the massive amount of QoL changes over the years. Mount/Toy/Pet Collection tabs. Mounts not running the fuck away at the slightest hint of water. Transmog. Pet Battles.
    Yeah, I do realize that.

i might go back to retail at some point. Ever since classic was released i havent logged into BFA once havent even opened my last mythic plus and arena cache. Maybe if they destroy the factions and let me join the undead i will log back into retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    TBH. I am only playing Classic because it's with my sub. It's a free game. Who doesn't love free! (In a way it's free! don't just me!) If I get bored with retail, I just play classic a bit. And vice versa. There is no reason not to play either tbh, unless you just don't want to.
    This, im playing classic during my retail downtime since we are extending cuz M Azshara progression, so theres not much to do for me on retail.

-
    But BFA Classes have almost nothing in common with Classic Classes already and Classic has no faction conflict while BFA tries to jam it down your throat no matter what you do. Every fucking boar i kill Nathanos will jump out of the bushes and yell at me "Yes! YEEEES! FOR THE HORDE!!".

What i'm trying to say is....if 9.0 does remove factions and bring back some class gameplay that is not a joke...the differences between Classic and BFA will be much clearer than the differences between Classic and 9.0.

And i really, really hope 9.0 does indeed remove factions and ideally classes, too.

BTW: I AM playing Classic along BFA right now and i prefer the faction truce of Classic over BFA's shit-for-brains approach to it.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-09-22 at 03:18 PM.