Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'd take a crazy headless guy over Lor'themar, that's for damn sure.
    Why though? Lor'themars character is pretty similar to pre bc Kael, with far less of a human fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They are still all nobles, some just have more money than others.

Illidan saved the entire world and people still didn't like him, I have a hard time seeing kael in a better spot after what he pulled.

With what? I am sorry I slaughtered many of my people on Quel'danas and that I was high on demon juice and tried to summon Kil'jaeden to kill you all?
    They aren't. Now their society is as divided as any other.

Let's blame his actions on fel confusion. Which would make sense.

With saving them during crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    They aren't. Now their society is as divided as any other.
    Is it? I have yet to see a blood elf being addressed as peasant or something like that. Their society is divided by arcane prowess and wealth

Let's blame his actions on fel confusion. Which would make sense.

With saving them during crisis.
    None of that helped Illidan either, Kael simply caused too much damage to his people to be forgiven.

Is it? I have yet to see a blood elf being addressed as peasant or something like that.

None of that helped Illidan either, Kael simply caused too much damage to his people to be forgiven.
    It is. Ask Blizzard, maybe they will write a quest for you.

Illidan wasn't a ruler. Illidan was his own man. Kael could be controlled. Forgiven? They don't need to forgive him, just see the benefits he offers and godlike form would most definitely come with treasures.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Was the messiah complex of Thrall not enough for you? You want to dig up Kael'thas years later, fuse him with an equally dead phoenix, and use him to heal a mana addiction they don't have to deal with anymore?

This makes me handing over Xal'atath as a horde pandaren look like top end Hollywood quality genius storytelling.

Even trying with all my might and combing over every inch of WoW's story to find the optimal thing to change, I could not come up with a more terrible idea than this.

No.
    Alliance has Anduin, Jaina, Malfurion, Velen, Tyrande and so on while Horde has no powerful leaders except for Thalyssra and Sylvanas who are still weak in comparison to Jaina. It is fair to give Horde something cool once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    There's only one God King and he got killed in a patch
    RIP Skovald.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want remove Lorthemar put Rommanth, he is cool

Kael cannot lead beyond the grave, he is dead, and people would not want it, after what he did
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-22 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    He's dead.

And Lor'themar is pretty cool at this point.

Better than that whiny faggot Kael'thas.
    Lor'themar is horrible but he fits into future Horde. He is weak, boring and he is Alliance puppet.

- - - Updated - - -

Why though? Lor'themars character is pretty similar to pre bc Kael, with far less of a human fetish.
    No, pre BC Kael knew when to end allying with humans. Lor'themar is only starting to lick Anduin's boots.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I actually enjoy Lor'themar. Though he does need better / more writing. He's the only believable leader right now. The only one with a brain to think, man maybe having a war every 6 months only to end it in mutual cooperation isn't a good idea. We should skip that whole war process.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If you want remove Lorthemar put Rommanth, he is cool

Kaell cannot lead beyond the grave,he is dead, and people would not want it, after what he did
    That's the point. You can't rise from the dead if you are alive. What he did can be easily retconned and still make sense. Not that he should lick the boots of BE but subjugate them like Sylvanas does. The very presence of God King should pull their knees down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I actually enjoy Lor'themar. Though he does need better / more writing. He's the only believable leader right now. The only one with a brain to think, man maybe having a war every 6 months only to end it in mutual cooperation isn't a good idea. We should skip that whole war process.
    Warcraft needs war.

It is. Ask Blizzard, maybe they will write a quest for you.
    Why would the population just give up their blood status? Some of them were just more involved in the founding era and that is where the schism began, you have the great houses, but things like peasants do not exist in thalassian society. You are free to provide evidence to the contrary.

Illidan wasn't a ruler. Illidan was his own man. Kael could be controlled. Forgiven? They don't need to forgive him, just see the benefits he offers and godlike form would most definitely come with treasures.
    Or he could just stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Alliance has Anduin, Jaina, Malfurion, Velen, Tyrande and so on while Horde has no powerful leaders except for Thalyssra and Sylvanas who are still weak in comparison to Jaina. It is fair to give Horde something cool once.

- - - Updated - - -
    I will grant this. If/when Sylvanas finally dies, as she seems very unlikely to maintain her position in the Horde to the end of the expansion at the very least, the Horde will be significantly short on "cool and powerful characters." Garrosh's warrior archetype being gone, Thrall's nerfed, and losing Sylvanas by whatever means, I'm not sure what that leaves them with. The other Horde leaders are interesting, but not "bring a giant arcane-powered battleship to siege a fortress" or "literally the avatar of a goddess" powerful.

Gallywix and his giant azer-mech? I have nothing against seeing more of that, for sure. But if azerite is de-powered at the end of the expansion, he will lose that. </3
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-22 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Lor'themar is horrible but he fits into future Horde. He is weak, boring and he is Alliance puppet.
    Alliance puppet? What the fuck are you talking about? Lor'themar even refused to join the Alliance during the Siege of Orgrimmar and called the Alliance bigots.

No, pre BC Kael knew when to end allying with humans. Lor'themar is only starting to lick Anduin's boots.
    Is that why he ran errands for Garithos until he was literally thrown into prison?

Warcraft needs war.
    We literally go to war with otherworldly entities every single expansion. That you people believe the war implies it must be between horde and alliance, is not only stupid..it's played out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I will grant this. If/when Sylvanas finally dies, as she seems very unlikely to maintain her position in the Horde to the end of the expansion at the very least, the Horde will be significantly short on "cool and powerful characters." Garrosh's warrior archetype being gone, Thrall's nerfed, and losing Sylvanas by whatever means, I'm not sure what that leaves them with. The other Horde leaders are interesting, but not "bring a giant arcane-powered battleship to siege a fortress" or "literally the avatar of a goddess" powerful.

Gallywix and his giant azer-mech? I have nothing against seeing more of that, for sure. But if azerite is de-powered at the end of the expansion, he will lose that. </3
    Literally, blizzard seems hellbent on removing any horde leader worth noting.

Alliance puppet? What the fuck are you talking about? Lor'themar even refused to join the Alliance during the Siege of Orgrimmar and called the Alliance bigots.
    He "considered old alliances" at one point, but that was because Garrosh was stark raving mad and had just indirectly caused a massacre of his people, which he didn't even have the decency to apologize for, so the Horde wasn't exactly showing itself to be a good resource investment.

Like all the Horde leaders, first and foremost is their people. The Horde must continually prove that the allegiance is a net benefit to their people.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    anyone who don't lick sylvanas boots and worship her as savior are alliance puppets

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing Sunwell and rebirth power of Al'ar can't fix!
    Yes, it is.

And it would actually make sense.
    No, it wouldn't, because you can't just smash a beheaded corpse and a phoenix egg together and combine them into one being... And because of the lack of the aforementioned corpses' brain, that being wouldn't even be Kael'thas as it wouldn't have any of his memories.

Also Al'ar is in my bags, Kael can't have him back, he's mine, I won him fair and square.

Kael was a power hungry psychopath who joined forces with the Burning Legion to bring on the destruction of the entire universe, he should not be leader of anything, he should stay dead.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-09-22 at 04:54 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

Kael was a power hungry psychopath who joined forces with the Burning Legion to bring on the destruction of the entire universe, he should not be leader of anything, he should stay dead.
    He became a powerhungry psycho, guy was decent back in the day.

With OP just banned, I do still think the thread should stay up on the side topic:

What other ideas can you think of that would give the Horde faction more "Jaina/Tyrande tier powerful main characters?"

The notion of taking from the power of the Sunwell could be interesting for Lor'themar maybe, but it'd need an extreme, real external threat. Maybe the Alliance sets out to finish conquering the Eastern Kingdoms since the Horde has been going after Kalimdor, leading them right to Quel'thalas? There's even already a black scar there, they can just take that express route! Lor'themar resorts to absorbing a huge amount of energy from the Sunwell, manages to beat back the Alliance forces, and afterwards finally decides to set aside the regent-lord title and be crowned amidst the high demand for it from the blood elves.

I could see the forces being lead by Tyrande and Alleria, with a big "Battle of Sun and Moon" theme.

How's that? Better?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-22 at 05:05 PM.

wouldn't put it past blizz, but it would require a patch or two of questlines for it to be plausible.

i don't really see the need though. i wouldn't be suprised if more people know who lorthermar is these days than kael' thas, many people around now who didn't play war3 or tbc and lothermar has been getting quite a lot of cinematic time last few expansions.