Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Um...no. The second one isn't a raid, it is a dungeon.
    Dazar'alor, you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    Dazar'alor, you know what I mean.
    No since you clearly wrote a dungeon. If it wasn't a dungeon then maybe. It still doesn't also negate the fact that there were 3 tiers of raids and 2. On top of even looking at Mythic pieces there aren't any pieces with 1500 stamina that I could find.

What the fuck are they doing?

Blizzard, in their incredibly short sighted view has decided that WoW needs 4 difficulties of each raid and that to "feel rewarding" they need to be 15 ilvls higher than the previous difficulty of the raid. That means that each tier of raids sees 45 ilvls worth of increase. They also have to have those same raids be of higher ilvl than dungeons, so tack in even more. With each new tier, the bottom rung difficulty also has to be almost equal to the mythic difficulty of the previous one, so the increase is equally as big each raid. With two added raids an expansion being the norm, that means almost 135 ilvls worth of bloat each expansion added.

Couple that with the fact that each expansion prior we have to have gear that feels like progression and cutting every previous expansion back to say 1 - 100 no longer cuts it while still feeling like a reward as you level up. That means 1 - 100 might work for Vanilla, but you need to increase it in TBC to feel rewarding, then WotLK, etc.

In other words, the only way they're ever going to fix it is an extremely massive crunch as well as doing away with the 4 difficulties of raids offering such varying ilvl rewards and each subsequent patch can't trivialize the content before it. If you're a LFG level raider getting ilvl 120 pieces from raid 1, you can get ilvl 130 pieces from raid 2 on the same difficulty, not have you suddenly jump up from 120 to 180 as a baseline getting 190 ilvl as the drops from raid 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's just a flat out lie.
    No, it is not.

Formerly known as Arafal

• Tier 1 of BfA = Uldir with gear starting at 340 and ending at 385.
    • Tier 2 of BfA = Battle for Dazar'alor with gear starting at 370 and ending at 415
    No, that is one raid tier. They've merely delayed the second raid of the first raid tier and tricked you into believing these are two raid tiers. If you see them as two raid tiers, then Uldir was a pretty fucking tiny raid tier, with 7 bosses, wasn't it? That's the typical intro raid of the expansion they have done since WoD. WoD had Highmaul and BRF, Highmaul small intro raid with 7 bosses, Legion had Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold, again EN 7 bosses, Nighthold had a bit more, and then this continued on into BFA.

Uldir and Dazar'alor are two different raids, but they belong together. Blizzard has merely delayed the second raid more and more until people have finally accepted it.

You will most likely challenge what I just said even though it is obvious for anyone who isn't a complete and utter moron. You seem like enough of a sheep to buy Blizzard's bullshit. People like you are responsible for Blizzard getting away with fucking their fanbase more and more.

Also where are you getting 1500 stamina?

- - - Updated - - -

No since you clearly wrote a dungeon. If it wasn't a dungeon then maybe. It still doesn't also negate the fact that there were 3 tiers of raids and 2. On top of even looking at Mythic pieces there aren't any pieces with 1500 stamina that I could find.
    You know exactly what I mean you cretin.

All I'm going to say is I wish there wasn't such a huge leap in ilvls between raids
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the issue here is.

Stat numbers aren't even that high.
    Mop had like double those numbers.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't see what the issue here is.

Stat numbers aren't even that high.
    Mop had like double those numbers.
    That's where we're gonna get with the next raid.

No, that is one raid tier. They've merely delayed the second raid of the first raid tier and tricked you into believing these are two raid tiers. If you see them as two raid tiers, then Uldir was a pretty fucking tiny raid tier, with 7 bosses, wasn't it? That's the typical intro raid of the expansion they have done since WoD. WoD had Highmaul and BRF, Highmaul small intro raid with 7 bosses, Legion had Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold, again EN 7 bosses, Nighthold had a bit more, and then this continued on into BFA.
    Just because it's an intro raid still doesn't mean it isn't a different tier. The only difference is you wouldn't have gotten Tier pieces from it normally. You don't hear people calling Ulduar, Nax, Eye, Sarth as the first tier or Throne of Thunder the first tier, etc.

A raid having a small amount of bosses doesn't change anything. Sometimes raids have huge amount of bosses, sometimes smaller.

Uldir and Dazar'alor are two different raids, but they belong together. Blizzard has merely delayed the second raid more and more until people have finally accepted it.
    Believe what you want, but just because they may or may not have been intended to release together doesn't change anything. They are distinctively two different two tiers. If they were intended to be together the iLvL's would've been similar. Such as how Eye/Sarth/Naxx were close or Vaults/Heart/Terrace, etc

You will most likely challenge what I just said even though it is obvious for anyone who isn't a complete and utter moron. You seem like enough of a sheep to buy Blizzard's bullshit. People like you are responsible for Blizzard getting away with fucking their fanbase more and more.
    So instead of having a conversation you see it better to insult people. This is what people do when they know they are in a losing battle. You can clearly look at the raids, see that there is no connection between the two, the increase in ilvl, etc and know they are clearly two different raid tiers.

If it makes you sleep better at night then sure believe they are the same thing.

Care to link a piece that isn't an Azerite piece? They have more stamina to begin with because of how they are designed. Other slots aren't that high. Secondly, you said Benthic yet link a "War Campaign-esque" piece.

You know exactly what I mean you cretin.
    Again, insulting doesn't further your point or help others see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    They squished things to make it so they could pump them back up again... so they'll squish them once more
    ^
    Blizzard does this everytime.
    I miss tiers

Because blizzard thinks 15ivls between difficulties is alright. They cant control stat inflation cuz of 60 ilvls per tier

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    From a software dev pov i can tell you that it certainly doesn't look very good, if your game uses numbers like some cheap chinese trash game by throwing around values like 123,481,464 GDMG or 123.481e15 DMG.
    I'd actually prefer if it did that. They are way easier to read than what we've got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, insulting doesn't further your point or help others see your point.
    Why are any of you bothering to debate/argue? Not even a 1 month old account 100 posts deep with nothing but bashing, flaming, and insulting to their name. Surprised nobody has done the obligatory "why'd your main account get banned" post.

This thread is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Why are any of you bothering to debate/argue? Not even a 1 month old account 100 posts deep with nothing but bashing, flaming, and insulting to their name. Surprised nobody has done the obligatory "why'd your main account get banned" post.

This thread is stupid.
    Not everyone looks at the post count all the time before deciding to reply. They reply to the topic at hand, which in this case can be a valid question for some people. As some preferred things to not be squished at all, etc.

Care to link a piece that isn't an Azerite piece? They have more stamina to begin with because of how they are designed. Other slots aren't that high. Secondly, you said Benthic yet link a "War Campaign-esque" piece.
    Benthic makes numbers huge. And azerite stacked traits as well, x3 Furious gaze gives us overload cap of Haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well, they'll be squishing it all down with our level next expansion anyway.

Due to the way stats are calculated, these are the numbers we get for an upgrade to feel like it has meaning.

why do people really care about numbers? as long as the ratio of those numbers are correct, then the numbers really dont mean much.
    I didn care when players had 15-35k hp in wotlk, didnt care when they had 200k in cata didnt care at any point TBH.

the moment we had 9000k HP in legion, I just called the numbers ignoring the zeroes. 9000k was just 9k to me.

Not everyone looks at the post count all the time before deciding to reply. They reply to the topic at hand, which in this case can be a valid question for some people. As some preferred things to not be squished at all, etc.
    True, some people thought i was trolling because i replied at hand and didn't want to sit here fighting over a topic and being insulted so i said bye felicia. Sad times. xD (and got an infraction on top of that)

7+ Year Old Account
    That's where we're gonna get with the next raid.
    That's nice and all, but i still don't see what the issue it

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    That, and there's always internal integer caps to keep in mind.
    It's perfectly possible this 15 year old game doesn't have full 64 bit integer support across all parts of the game yet.
    They changed that in Legion. They can go up much, much higher now. Like e100+ higher.