Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Benthic makes numbers huge. And azerite stacked traits as well, x3 Furious gaze gives us overload cap of Haste.
    The only pieces I see huge amounts of stamina on are the Azerite pieces which makes sense because of their purpose and stuff.

The rest of the Benthic pieces I'm looking at (around 410-415) aren't that big at all. I think leg slot was the biggest slot I saw for stamina anywhere. Cloak/Bracers were in around ~300-400

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    They squished things to make it so they could pump them back up again... so they'll squish them once more so we can have a noticeable boost between tiers like we're sue to... yes, this doesn't make much sense overall.
    Largely because the current team of developers cannot come up with a better design and retention method than to invalidate everyone's work and progress every 4 to 6 months. This is also why I'm entirely against a level squish. I do not want Blizzard's teams to do any kind of squishing of anything until after they prove that they can fix the main cause of why the squishing was needed in the first place. Squishing any kind of stats, levels, etc should be done with the intent of smoothing out past mistakes after you've already implemented a solution. Instead they are constantly squishing everything and then repeating their past mistakes on a greater scale, exacerbating the situation even worse.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    when each tier has 13 difficulties and each item of gear has 8 variants of "forged" status its hardly surprising gear inflates as it does
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The only pieces I see huge amounts of stamina on are the Azerite pieces which makes sense because of their purpose and stuff.

The rest of the Benthic pieces I'm looking at (around 410-415) aren't that big at all. I think leg slot was the biggest slot I saw for stamina anywhere. Cloak/Bracers were in around ~300-400
    I guess i misread/misunderstood the topic. I was talking about the benthic affixes that can go huge numbers when they increase critical strikes against certain mobs. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    it's so people have a "sense of progression" when picking up new items.

Instead of your armor gaining +500 stamina, when you're already on 1.5 million,. you'll just think "meh".
    Now instead it's +500 stamina, while you're on 10.000, it'll feel more significant.

That, and there's always internal integer caps to keep in mind.
    It's perfectly possible this 15 year old game doesn't have full 64 bit integer support across all parts of the game yet.
    Yeah back during WoD they actually had to increase the ilvl of Blackrook foundry gear because people would just keep running Highmaul since to them it didn't give them a big enough ilvl boost to be worthwhile running when they could easily do Highmaul for only slightly worse gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Largely because the current team of developers cannot come up with a better design and retention method than to invalidate everyone's work and progress every 4 to 6 months.
    Have you been napping for the last decade? Raids have been invalidating the ones that came before them since Ulduar did it to Wrath!Naxx. Nice job trying to claim something that has always been is a new problem that was caused by the "current team".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skronk View Post
    when each tier has 13 difficulties and each item of gear has 8 variants of "forged" status its hardly surprising gear inflates as it does
    There have been 4 difficulties since ToC was released in August of 2009. That's literally a decade. Why are you acting like it's suddenly a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    ^
    Blizzard does this everytime.
    I miss tiers
    technically we still have tiers. It's just that they effectively drop everything except the current tier now.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    Wasn't there a stat squish right in BFA? I just reached 120 and got some benthic gear and my stats are as high as 1500 stamina on some pieces. What the fuck are they doing? Wouldn't they need another stat squish again right at the beginning of the next expansion? Why are they even doing this?
    It's a cheap trick to get players excited. It makes small upgrades look bigger, and many players (well, those that remain) get excited to see the notable bump in dps numbers, etc.

It's pretty cheap for them to bump the stats back down again for the next expansion as, at this point, the stats will really only need to be bumped down for the BfA levels.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Have you been napping for the last decade? Raids have been invalidating the ones that came before them since Ulduar did it to Wrath!Naxx. Nice job trying to claim something that has always been is a new problem that was caused by the "current team".
    actually no, people still did older raids for newer members getting geared up, it wasn't until open-world catch-up mechanics raised Ilvls above older raids that people stopped doing them entirely.

They already did stats squish twice, then ilvl squish. Level squish may be up next! We're all going be level 60 all over again!

You can thank the fact we have 4 tiers of gear, and then titan forging on top of that.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    actually no, people still did older raids for newer members getting geared up, it wasn't until open-world catch-up mechanics raised Ilvls above older raids that people stopped doing them entirely.
    hey guys i know we only raid for 6 hours a week, but instead of doing the current content we were working on last week, lets go back to this old raid for a bunch of stuff that we dont need (because we already cleared it when ti was current) so that we can gear up this literal random

They squished things to make it so they could pump them back up again... so they'll squish them once more so we can have a noticeable boost between tiers like we're sue to... yes, this doesn't make much sense overall.
    The first time they squished in MoP they said, "don't worry, we'll have a better plan next time." That idea was, apparently, to do the same fucking thing again.

Honestly, as unpopular as a level squish would be it's pretty much the only way I can see them fixing things long term. Guess we'll find out in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    hey guys i know we only raid for 6 hours a week, but instead of doing the current content we were working on last week, lets go back to this old raid for a bunch of stuff that we dont need (because we already cleared it when ti was current) so that we can gear up this literal random
    yes, and we did it because we wanted that player to remain active in the guild, there were usually alts being ran aswell to keep them geared for the current raid's early bosses in case a main character got nerffed into the ground due to blizzard typical incompetence.

don't fucking assume your experience in LFR is equivalent to how things were done before casual catch-ups were mandated for every tier.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    Surprisingly, I actually agree with you for once. I simply do not understand how people are somehow nostalgic for attunements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    it's just numbers
    Why are you playing an RPG then? If not for "numbers" It's "Big numbers against lower numbers" It's not that simple. I feel more epic on classic getting a 73 crit melee attack than getting a 162.728.246.174.723.172 crit with a melee. You get desensitized to larger numbers and they become meaningless. Numbers do matter, when they're smaller you tend to care more but things like levels shouldn't be affected.

With that same logic level squish shoudn't make sense and to me It's bad that It's going to be a thing apparently. And I do agree with you that is cynical of them, do a stat squish just to make the numbers as bloated as last expansion. I optimisticly thought the artifact numbers won't be so high as we first had 100 artifact power, 150 artifact power etc. before It devolved into the same old "Oh look I got 256.733.267.112 artifact power" thing. Having given them the benefit of the doubt, hoping the artifact neck leveling would have an END POINT instead of pushing the goal post each patch and once again got thoroughly betrayed by Blizzard.

I hope the level squish, if it does happen Isn't severe, like 1-60 for the entirity of Vanilla-Bfa would be really bad. That might make vanilla zones 1-10, TBC 10-20, Wrath 20-30, Cata 30-35, MoP 35-40, WoD 40-45, Legion 45-50, Bfa 50-55, Next Expansion 55-60 lets say.

And the smaller level range you have across an expansion the lesser impactful upgrades will feel, and hopefully the level squish cooincides with another Leveling Revamp because the last one did nothing but make the grind longer and force people to do outdoor quests rather than spam dungeons, and made spamming dungeons less effective. But for that to be viable you need the outdoor world to feel fun, feel like you progress, are learning a story.

I believe a new player with a new account and neverbefore has touched WoW HAS TO DO 1-60 In the outdoor quests, a story-version of each expansion so that they get the jist of the story and move onto the next expansion but the problem that creates Is the one Blizzard has made long ago. A lot of the lore, novels, books, short stories are OUTSIDE of the game so you'd have to go out of your way as a new player to get up to snuff with the story before you even reach the highest level.

Right now, leveling is a barrier to entry. Barrier to the real fun, at the endgame. Which is nonexistant right now in BfA so that's totally hilarious.

And that leveling squish wouldn't solve the problem anyway, In 10 years you have same problem of levels going up to 100+ so maybe, the level numbers aren't the problem but the PROGRESSION OF LEVELING UP that's the problem. Solve that first, then we'll be talking.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Surprisingly, I actually agree with you for once. I simply do not understand how people are somehow nostalgic for attunements.
    lmao, because they were at most a single dungeon and raid run and you always try and bullshit with exaggeration on how time-consuming or difficult things are to try and maintain your baseless claim.
    the best thing attunements did was bar people from getting ran without doing a prior PVE endgame content so that they'd atleast know how to work in a group.

now fucking hunters pet's can't even taunt in PVE content because the retail player-base is a bunch of witless idiots who couldn't manage it so blizzard had to basically break it to cope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There have been 4 difficulties since ToC was released in August of 2009. That's literally a decade. Why are you acting like it's suddenly a problem?
    did i say it was suddenly a problem? no? didnt think so
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Uldir and Dazar'alor are two different raids, but they belong together. Blizzard has merely delayed the second raid more and more until people have finally accepted it.
    The start of PvP season 2. A 30 item level difference between normal mode. A new raid/tier set. New azerite ring/trait. It was a new raid tier. Tier has nothing to do with the amount of bosses added in the tier. They are distinct tiers. Even ignoring your dumb argument it still doesn't do anything to prove your point. It is still a 60 item level difference. Of course stats will be larger then 60 item levels ago.

Each tier so far has seen a 30 item level increase. The new "tier" system is grouped into Seasons. As the start of Season 2 and the release of Dazar'alor saw a bump in dungeon difficulty and base item level. Its okay to not understand that since you are a returning player. But fighting against the truth and insulting others out of ignorance is not okay.

Azerite gear is higher stamina at its base. So of course its stamina will scale higher. Did you expect it not to scale the same? Leather chests in Uldir had around 777 stamina. Over the course of 60 item levels that puts the stamina difference around 658. Not that large of a number when you put it into context and perspective. This is something you are misunderstanding and making a big deal out of and insulting anyone who tries to explain it. Just like with the Auction House deposits on herbs.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a stat squish right in BFA? I just reached 120 and got some benthic gear and my stats are as high as 1500 stamina on some pieces. What the fuck are they doing? Wouldn't they need another stat squish again right at the beginning of the next expansion? Why are they even doing this?
    Because stats were a lot bigger in Legion, or did you forget the average player had millions of health by the end of Legion?