Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Please Blizzard! Homogenize everything!
    gotta love incompetent players who're so reliant on being carried by OP classes that they intentionally mis-characterize balance as """homogenization""".

face it, classic was easy because the devs didn't give a shit.
    MC was a rush-job and so was class design, this is provable with the dramatic changes going from beta to vanilla launch.
    chilton was always a blight upon the game, and when he came back to WoW for cataclysm he showed us this in sharp releif with how pathetic the cata dungeons he designed were.
    yeah they were tuned to be hard, for a week, but they were all hallways to the end with zero creativity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    It's ok.

Mages should do way more damage than Druids. Damage is all they can do.
    it really isn't, and improved class balance is one of the things BC and wrath had over easy-mode vanilla.

except is isn't, and you know it.
    if they were truly "pure DPS" they shouldn't have ice-block, armors, or sheep.

Stop complaining, the servers will be upgraded to TBC eventually. Let it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    No changes means no changes. I know it is hard for the average forum goer to get but they are not going to do anything like this at all.
    this is where the thread should've ended.
    people wanted vanilla is all it's glory, good and bad.
    class design and balance is unarguably one of the bad.

it's a shame we have to play retail for vanilla's AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This. If DPS meters could accurately reflect the amount of damage gained from having a shaman in your group of warriors then you'd see how busted they are. A shaman can probably out dps a warrior just by slapping down Windfury totem and going AFK in a group of warriors. And that's from procs alone. This isn't even taking all of the extra rage generated into consideration.
    Then why does a warrior with battle shout out dps a rogue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    No changes means no changes. I know it is hard for the average forum goer to get but they are not going to do anything like this at all.
    A lot of people don't want no changes so it really doesn't matter that no changes = no changes

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe at some point they will add new "classic plus" servers, ala-runescape.
    then we can talk about this.

sure, hunters need a complete total overhaul,
    then there's paladins, druids, shamans...
    of course, hardiness and other op or bad racials,
    and even new class/race combos, or professions.

but until then... anything that would change gameplay gets a no from me.
    so basically just aesthetic changes, and even those should be optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Balance is boring, it's imo what ruined retail WoW
    This is whats wrong with people saying that Classic is a good game.

You start a new game, you dont know anything about it, you pick a class, you spent 2 months leveling your character and then you find out that its totally useless, imagine what average Joe does...probably quit because its not fun to try hard and still be at the bottom.

Yeah “Balance is boring”

And btw retail is doing fine

#nochanges, want to play balanced WoW with challenging content and lots of things to do ? Retail is for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They ain't going to do any changing/tuning. If you picked a specific class and want to play a non meta spec for your class, that's your own fault. You knew going into classic that enhancement, retribution and various other specs had no place in raids, especially when you compare them to other specs. I picked a shaman and had fun while leveling as enhance, but I knew that if I wanted a spot in raids, I would be forced to go resto, which is what I did. If you don't like it, simply pick a mage, warrior, rogue or priest or just flat out quit. Complaining about specs/classes not being balanced when we had prior knowledge to expect this is kinda stupid.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Honestly, having half a dozen people with "the wrong spec" in your raid at this point, isn't going to make the difference between clearing bosses or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    Warriors weren't considered hybrids back in vanilla, hybrids were specifically healing capable classes.

Which again makes sense, since healing is extremely strong in vanilla/classic.
    I'm aware - its that attitude I am disputing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    #nochanges, want to play balanced WoW with challenging content and lots of things to do ? Retail is for you.
    No, and false.

10chars

It's supposed to be a blast from the past nostalgia trip. Classic shouldn;t be changed. The balanced version of the game with more features and content already exists. It's called BfA and you can play it whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's supposed to be a blast from the past nostalgia trip. Classic shouldn;t be changed. The balanced version of the game with more features and content already exists. It's called BfA and you can play it whenever you want.
    They are different games. Are you even interesting in playing Classic? If no, why do you care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha

hahahahha

i love it. I'm so thankful theres more chance of the game being cancelled right now than this happening. Nice bait though OP. Amazing. Better nerf balance druids too cause my boy Spoh is super high up as balance on Onyxia.

These changes are absolutely ridiculous - no one is ever going to support this idea and its absolutely insane to think otherwise. There needs to be absolutely no more changes, its already out of control with too many major changes slipping through. So please, stop with all the changes! well, i mean they should obviously add flying, but other than that, this needs to stop!

Everyone knew this was the case going in.

Hence why there's so many of those classes.

Unless they got nerfed in one of the future patches you're out of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    my boy Spoh is super high up as balance on Onyxia.
    you mean a ranged DPS is doing well on a fight that heavily favors ranged DPS, with an entire 30% of the boss where melee cannot damage it?

surprised_pikachu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This is the /thread right here. No need to discuss further.

Classic is as close to vanilla as you can come and wanting to change it isnt the vanilla-experience anymore.

Also.. PLEASE stop making stupid threads like this crying over balance and stuff that isnt as "good" as in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    This is the /thread right here. No need to discuss further.

Classic is as close to vanilla as you can come and wanting to change it isnt the vanilla-experience anymore.

Also.. PLEASE stop making stupid threads like this crying over balance and stuff that isnt as "good" as in BfA.
    Are you even playing Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Are you even playing Classic?
    Yes I am and I also played vanilla. Currently im maining a feral druid.

Whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    They are different games. Are you even interesting in playing Classic? If no, why do you care?
    world of warcraft versus world of warcraft? seems like the same game to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    world of warcraft versus world of warcraft? seems like the same game to me.
    Answer the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Yes I am and I also played vanilla. Currently im maining a feral druid.

Whats your point?
    That : hAsHtAG nO ChanGeS isn't a good argument for anything.

Changing things does not necessary hurt the design philosophy behind a game. People wanted Vanilla for that philosophy, not because some specs are very bad.
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2019-09-23 at 06:23 AM.