By Jove ! A true scandal : two (R) senators for Florida and residency of non citizens

Suffice to say, they aim to soften considerably the regime for people in, what is the word…(I mean, that's the word that is used all the time)...by essentially passing a law that would make their stay legal.

https://www.lapresse.ca/internationa...-snowbirds.php

https://news.wjct.org/post/marco-rub...florida-longer

Before you throw rock at me, this is EXACTLY what I say. Mark Rubio wants to give a (fiscal) amnesty to people who are not paying their taxes...The crux of the issue is that is a fig leaf to cover the fact that most of those people reside more than six months in the USA and the Floridians look away.

Gee I wonder why….what is this word….is not used. The Republicans use it so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    "But screw the people picking the crops and cleaning the hotels"

The proposal is as transparent as it gets.

Canadian
    Over 50
    Own land (or rent but most snowbirds have property)

They are handing out favors and/or fast-tracking citizenship in a state that's slipping away from them. They can only slow walk restoring rights to the felons for so long. FL metro areas, more like regions, are very blue and growing. They literally need to import support.

Get a green card. Wait 5 years. Become a citizen. Vote Republican.

I see no favors for the seasonal workers (who inevitably become illegals) that FL depends on. The ones pumping real money into the economy and making FL decent (I know the rest of the country calls us crazy).

Transparent.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    "But screw the people picking the crops and cleaning the hotels"

The proposal is as transparent as it gets.

Canadian
    Over 50
    Own land (or rent but most snowbirds have property)

They are handing out favors and/or fast-tracking citizenship in a state that's slipping away from them. They can only slow walk restoring rights to the felons for so long. FL metro areas, more like regions, are very blue and growing. They literally need to import support.

Get a green card. Wait 5 years. Become a citizen. Vote Republican.

I see no favors for the seasonal workers (who inevitably become illegals) that FL depends on. The ones pumping real money into the economy and making FL decent (I know the rest of the country calls us crazy).

Transparent.
    The problem is is that no country they'd hope to import people from has any significant number of people sympathetic to their political ideologies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see no issue with this if it is passed by Congress. Helps Florida's economy. Also, if the House ( controlled by the Democrats ) thinks it is a Republican scandal, then it will not pass there anyway.

-snip-
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-23 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Edit: Remember you can @Mention, PM, or report a thread for a mod to see.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread has been moved to General Off-Topics: Politics.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The problem is is that no country they'd hope to import people from has any significant number of people sympathetic to their political ideologies.
    The Republicans are in for a nasty surprise if they assume elderly Québécois are right wing (sure some are right wing….for Québec….Which means noticaly to the left of Sanders)