Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Who said balance? I even said kill everything (destroy everything) so the universe can get to it's natural state: chaos. I said that on my whole text.
    Sorry, misread your intentions there a little with the natural true state and Yin Yang part of your post, because I thought you meant the Legion was going to leave something to be in a natural state. The natural state of the universe is balance, chaos is the natural state of the Nether. (Balance not meaning all encompassing peace here.)
    My post was particularly not about balance, but about the intended eradication of everything by way of Fel from Sargeras. With his new plan that we found out in Legion even being a supreme Fel-Titan Pantheon to make it happen, so specifically not without Titans, but only Titans left to bring about his vision of the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 10,000-year plan fell in the face of Sylvanas's unstoppable, nebulous, poorly-defined keikaku. All in accordance with keikaku.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Sorry, misread your intentions there a little with the natural true state and Yin Yang part of your post, because I thought you meant the Legion was going to leave something to be in a natural state. The natural state of the universe is balance, chaos is the natural state of the Nether. (Balance not meaning all encompassing peace here.)
    My post was particularly not about balance, but about the intended eradication of everything by way of Fel from Sargeras. With his new plan that we found out in Legion even being a supreme Fel-Titan Pantheon to make it happen, so specifically not without Titans, but only Titans left to bring about his vision of the universe.
    I have edited my reply aswell talking about the void part and the titans and how they mix up in this. Need to go sleep, i kinda had to edit 4 times cause my eyes are shutting down lol

10k years of planning will boil down to a 1 minute decision by the shitty blizzard writing team, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I have edited my reply aswell talking about the void part and the titans and how they mix up in this. Need to go sleep, i kinda had to edit 4 times cause my eyes are shutting down lol
    Oh, I know that feeling^^ Sleep well, then!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Both Argus and Aszhara should've been seperate expansions.
    Instead they were crammed into one patch, shame.
    Wh--what??

Azshara was too busy "spawning" naga babies with N'Zoth.

The one thing she needed to release N'Zoth. The other stuff is, in my opinion, the armies they are amassing for after N'Zoth breaks free, maybe even after he dies, because I think dying is somehow still part of his plan.

The Old Gods supposedly see all futures and actually work towards them all.
    Wait, how can they see all futures. The only one that can do that are the bronze dragon flight. Plus ive never heard that the old gods can look into the futures, maybe in the form of gavung a good brain but even then you cant plan something 10.000 years beforehand for 1 single necklace. I would believe them being a genius if cthun and yoggsaron were smart aswell but they werent. Also i would have believed nzoth being uber duper smart if he had multiple plans going on but we never heard of those or seen him do it. Well maybe besides deathwing but thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    God i still cant believe how much effort they put into suramar.
    90% of the budget they saved from WoD. And it was totally worth it, such a great city and zone. Should make it fly the next expansion, new main city hub plix!

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Wait, how can they see all futures. The only one that can do that are the bronze dragon flight. Plus ive never heard that the old gods can look into the futures, maybe in the form of gavung a good brain but even then you cant plan something 10.000 years beforehand for 1 single necklace. I would believe them being a genius if cthun and yoggsaron were smart aswell but they werent. Also i would have believed nzoth being uber duper smart if he had multiple plans going on but we never heard of those or seen him do it. Well maybe besides deathwing but thats all.
    There's several quotes about all futures, I think, but the most prominent and most recent is from the Thousand Years of War short story. The Old Gods are not normal beings who have to think with a brain, one thought at a time. The whole point with Eldritch Horrors is that a normal brain can't comprehend their mind and goes nuts by simply musing about it or even being in their presence. Being told what the Old Gods are and trying to comprehend the void's intentions was what drove Sargeras mad. Not the void directly, but only being told about it by the dreadlords and thinking about that (at least that's what it sounds like in chronicle).
    And you can't compare the Bronze Dragonflight to Old Gods, because the dragons are firmly beings of creation and this universe. The Old Gods aren't, they are voidspawn from outside existence.
    And as I pointed out, we have seen lots of N'Zoth's plans and a whole network spanning the world from N'Zoth, from Vanilla on. The Naga have a hand in everything and ties to everyone: Defias, Twilight Hammer, Zanzil, you name it. And where it's not Naga, it's Black Dragons which connect back to Naga again.

There's several quotes about all futures, I think, but the most prominent and most recent is from the Thousand Years of War short story. The Old Gods are not normal beings who have to think with a brain, one thought at a time. The whole point with Eldritch Horrors is that a normal brain can't comprehend their mind and goes nuts by simply musing about it or even being in their presence. Being told what the Old Gods are and trying to comprehend the void's intentions was what drove Sargeras mad. Not the void directly, but only being told about it by the dreadlords and thinking about that (at least that's what it sounds like in chronicle).
    And you can't compare the Bronze Dragonflight to Old Gods, because the dragons are firmly beings of creation and this universe. The Old Gods aren't, they are voidspawn from outside existence.
    And as I pointed out, we have seen lots of N'Zoth's plans and a whole network spanning the world from N'Zoth, from Vanilla on. The Naga have a hand in everything and ties to everyone: Defias, Twilight Hammer, Zanzil, you name it. And where it's not Naga, it's Black Dragons which connect back to Naga again.
    Hmm okey, I can agree with the fact of old gods brains, but still it would have been alot better for the story if they would show some more plans of the old gods which we prevented by killing things. One big plan was deathwing but another big plan would be quite good and then they could show the amulet. Think people would accept it more, cuz they would say: ah dude he had more big plans than deathwing and other one, and we lost now. Oh no bruh

Hmm okey, I can agree with the fact of old gods brains, but still it would have been alot better for the story if they would show some more plans of the old gods which we prevented by killing things. One big plan was deathwing but another big plan would be quite good and then they could show the amulet. Think people would accept it more, cuz they would say: ah dude he had more big plans than deathwing and other one, and we lost now. Oh no bruh
    I agree they should show a little more in advance. The thing I'm most tired with in WoW's storytelling is that we never find out things by ourselves, only by sheer luck and when the plan is almost completely done, but then whoopdeedoo, beat up some guys and foil a plan we didn't even know was there. We don't need to be smart, our leaders don't need to be smart, we just have to go somewhere and save the day, because we are that badass. Horrible.
    What I do like is the small detail implied in the stories all around the world, things you can discover and maybe put together into one big conspiracy or could also just discard as coincidence. I really like that.
    What I would like more is that instead of stumbling stupidly into one trap after another we could maybe discover a coincidence that is a little too convenient and then make a story about going down the rabbit-hole and discovering things about Old God networks, spies, plans, intrigue and whatnot. That could send us to long forgotten places, sunken ruins, against new enemies and everything. But instead... well. We rush into another war and are surprised to see that it's all a set-up. As if this hasn't been the case with every single war ever fought in WoW ^^

I agree they should show a little more in advance. The thing I'm most tired with in WoW's storytelling is that we never find out things by ourselves, only by sheer luck and when the plan is almost completely done, but then whoopdeedoo, beat up some guys and foil a plan we didn't even know was there. We don't need to be smart, our leaders don't need to be smart, we just have to go somewhere and save the day, because we are that badass. Horrible.
    What I do like is the small detail implied in the stories all around the world, things you can discover and maybe put together into one big conspiracy or could also just discard as coincidence. I really like that.
    What I would like more is that instead of stumbling stupidly into one trap after another we could maybe discover a coincidence that is a little too convenient and then make a story about going down the rabbit-hole and discovering things about Old God networks, spies, plans, intrigue and whatnot. That could send us to long forgotten places, sunken ruins, against new enemies and everything. But instead... well. We rush into another war and are surprised to see that it's all a set-up. As if this hasn't been the case with every single war ever fought in WoW ^^
    Yeah, you remember how suddenly brann found out about yoggsaron? Again just like you said, they came up with things just out of thin air.

Yeah, you remember how suddenly brann found out about yoggsaron? Again just like you said, they came up with things just out of thin air.
    Well, we had hints about Yogg Saron and lots of his blood whispering stuff during the questing, which I liked. But then Brann told us 'uh... go there!' and we went there and foiled a plan that was already well underway and somehow won the fight, even though just producing so much Old God blood should have been enough to release enough shadow to seriously harm us on our way to the Lich King.

But really, I still hope that their little off-hand remark about the Cataclysm being facilitated or even caused by the Old Gods' death (C'thun and Yoggi) is actually still true and we'll see some more repercussions down the line. Maybe with some actual Ny'alotha and/or Black Empire stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've been very disappointed with what they did with Aszhara. She's been a "behind the scenes" force for some time now, but now it's just....oh, this is all you are?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    What, for example? All I remember was Broken Shore scenario.
    Well of Eternity
    Orc & Draeneis
    Medivh
    Creating Helmet of the Damned and Frostmourne
    entire WC3

i mean.. good lord the list goes on and on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a simple writer's trick to make a character's supposed "plan" be so convoluted you don't have to explain it. Saves the writer from actually having to be as intelligent as their character supposedly is.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Well of Eternity
    Orc & Draeneis
    Medivh
    Creating Helmet of the Damned and Frostmourne
    entire WC3

i mean.. good lord the list goes on and on.
    All of them are pre-WoW.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    90% of the budget they saved from WoD. And it was totally worth it, such a great city and zone. Should make it fly the next expansion, new main city hub plix!
    Yeap. When I first got access to it I was like shit this place is neat and then I came across that room where they are making wine but time is sped up. That's when I was like WOW these guys went all out here.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    All of them are pre-WoW.
    Regardless, they are the chief source of all the troubles now