Wenger In.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Van Gaal in.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Van Gaal in.
    He won a fa cup. More silverware than ole will ever see as manager
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

15+ Year Old Account
    No words. Cringe. Mid table team.

United can't improve until the true problem is sorted out. Ed Woodward, he needs to go and Glaziers with him. Since he's too close with the Glaziers for them to sack him. Ole isn't ready for a top team and should have worked his way up. But United could bring in any major manager and still struggle while the puppet masters are still there. Forcing/Blocking transfers as well as likely being the cause of many moral issues in the team.

7+ Year Old Account
    Be nice if Sir Alex came out and spoke about the glaziers. But I guess you have to keep quiet when you made money on transfers yourself from some dodgy transfers back in the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty fucking hilarious that on MOTD last night they had to start the West Ham - Man United highlights at the 35th minute because the match was so fucking poor before that. And their analysis was spot on, West Ham didn't even need to bring their A game to win it, United helped them by being utter shit.

I feel a fool. A fool for thinking that Mourinho was the problem. He wasn't. Sure, he was a negative dickbag, but he pretty much got the most out of these players that was possible, with their current attitudes. Ole wont be able to change it either. It's down to the players.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2019-09-23 at 08:20 AM.

Firing Mourinho was the right decision though. Results aside he had turned the club into a toxic atmosphere where you just couldn't enjoy anything anymore. His constant digs at the players, complaining left right and center, it was just too much. With that said he definitely had some points and he wasn't wrong about some of the stuff, but ultimately we were playing dreadful football in his third year and even if we played a bottom team we set up like a counter attacking side.

As for Ole he does feel a bit out of his depth but looking at the quality of our midfield there's absolutely no way we should reach top4 with these players and that's what's expected of him. Mourinho had the same midfielders but also the addition of Herrera and Fellaini and even then it wasn't good enough. I'll give Ole some crap for starting Mata and Matic because neither are good enough, but then again even if we started 2 other midfielders we aren't taking our chances and we aren't creating enough of them. Without Pogba there's just no creativity in our midfield and without Martial there's no clinical finishing up top either.

Honestly feels like we should adapt more after what we have. Look at Liverpool, their midfield is absolutely dreadful from a creative standpoint but the way they play the game they don't need flashy #10s or KDB-types. They have hard working midfielders who gets the ball up top and their strikers do the job. Problem is even if we tried something similar we have players like Rashford who needs 3 clear chances to get a goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Pretty fucking hilarious that on MOTD last night they had to start the West Ham - Man United highlights at the 35th minute because the match was so fucking poor before that. And their analysis was spot on, West Ham didn't even need to bring their A game to win it, United helped them by being utter shit.

I feel a fool. A fool for thinking that Mourinho was the problem. He wasn't. Sure, he was a negative dickbag, but he pretty much got the most out of these players that was possible, with their current attitudes. Ole wont be able to change it either. It's down to the players.
    I don't doubt that Mourinho feels vindicated, but he was an asshole and just made everything around the club feel terrible, probably worse than it actually was. I honestly don't think he'd have done any better than Ole either for the second half of the season. In fact that win streak probably lifted us above where we could have ended up.

The transfer policy has been abysmal, and that doesn't lie with Ole. The youth are overhyped to fuck, they haven't even won anything at their own level, never mind throwing them in to the Premier League. I don't know what the answer is at this point, there's no manager who could work with Woodward and co. And the best players wouldn't want to come here. Whole thing is a shit show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Firing Mourinho was the right decision though. Results aside he had turned the club into a toxic atmosphere where you just couldn't enjoy anything anymore. His constant digs at the players, complaining left right and center, it was just too much. With that said he definitely had some points and he wasn't wrong about some of the stuff, but ultimately we were playing dreadful football in his third year and even if we played a bottom team we set up like a counter attacking side.

As for Ole he does feel a bit out of his depth but looking at the quality of our midfield there's absolutely no way we should reach top4 with these players and that's what's expected of him. Mourinho had the same midfielders but also the addition of Herrera and Fellaini and even then it wasn't good enough. I'll give Ole some crap for starting Mata and Matic because neither are good enough, but then again even if we started 2 other midfielders we aren't taking our chances and we aren't creating enough of them. Without Pogba there's just no creativity in our midfield and without Martial there's no clinical finishing up top either.
    Even Pogba only manages like 2 decent passes a game, rest of the time he's fucking about and getting caught in possession.

Honestly feels like we should adapt more after what we have. Look at Liverpool, their midfield is absolutely dreadful from a creative standpoint but the way they play the game they don't need flashy #10s or KDB-types. They have hard working midfielders who gets the ball up top and their strikers do the job. Problem is even if we tried something similar we have players like Rashford who needs 3 clear chances to get a goal.
    What do we even have at this point? We literally don't have a striker to field on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What do we even have at this point? We literally don't have a striker to field on Wednesday.
    I'm guessing Greenwood maybe (he was only sick yesterday apparently), against Arsenal we really need Martial or Rashford back. Not quite sure what to say because the squad is a mess. Nothing against our signings, I think all 3 signings we made were great, there just wasn't enough of them. No midfield yet we didn't strengthen, and our attack already looked meh before we got rid of 2 players without replacing them. It just comes off so laughable that Lukaku wanted out the whole summer and we didn't manage to ship him until the last week or so, and Sanchez we also pushed out the door after our window closed with no chance of replacing. I remember deadline day when there were whispers about us looking at Llorente or Mandzukic, and that just felt so laughable at the time but considering our options now we might actually have to start Ole up top as our striker against Rochdale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Greenwood maybe (he was only sick yesterday apparently), against Arsenal we really need Martial or Rashford back. Not quite sure what to say because the squad is a mess. Nothing against our signings, I think all 3 signings we made were great, there just wasn't enough of them. No midfield yet we didn't strengthen, and our attack already looked meh before we got rid of 2 players without replacing them. It just comes off so laughable that Lukaku wanted out the whole summer and we didn't manage to ship him until the last week or so, and Sanchez we also pushed out the door after our window closed with no chance of replacing. I remember deadline day when there were whispers about us looking at Llorente or Mandzukic, and that just felt so laughable at the time but considering our options now we might actually have to start Ole up top as our striker against Rochdale.
    Apparently Tonsilitis, that can be a week out, at least 3-4 days. Signings weren't bad, but we basically have a defence, which even then, with no midfield is vulnerable. What's troubling is that players like Lindelof, Pereira, Fred, aren't improving, and the likes of Matic and Lingard, you can see getting worse with every minute they're on the pitch. How do you develop youth in that environment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonsilitis, pansy, I had that all the time and I still had to look after my patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Apparently Tonsilitis, that can be a week out, at least 3-4 days. Signings weren't bad, but we basically have a defence, which even then, with no midfield is vulnerable. What's troubling is that players like Lindelof, Pereira, Fred, aren't improving, and the likes of Matic and Lingard, you can see getting worse with every minute they're on the pitch. How do you develop youth in that environment?
    No, I agree that this is a big problem. People like to talk about Fergie and the class of 92 but those players were brought into a team with some quality and experience. We don't really have much in that regard. Like is 17 year old Greenwood supposed to learn from 21 year old Rashford? I like Maguire as a leader but if you look at his previous clubs and even on international level he hasn't really won anything. You look at Pogba not just as our "worldclass" player but also someone at peak age and I feel like all he's gonna teach the young kids is how to dab, where to get your hair colored and the best place to buy new sneakers. Matic could be that type of leader player on paper but I recall seeing some interview with him going into this season basically saying "If we lose its on the manager" - which isn't exactly inspiring words.

Game against Arsenal is gonna be interesting because I feel in games we struggle from similar problems. Lack of playstyle, sort of a "lets wing it"-mentality and players hiding behind others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Man Utd are terrible and Rashford doing the impossible, being worse than he normally is. I've always questioned him, and he just gets worse each season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you guys get fed up of supporting Man U, you can always support the original united .
    Good win for us at the weekend didn't play well but won, unlike last week outplay Southampton and lose. 8 points after 6 games i'll take that and could of been more. Hope we ruin Liverpools winning run as we have been given no chance next week again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lampard is a better manager than ole

Utd struggling to score against a League One side after Arsenal scored 5 with the kids yesterday. Lining up perfectly for Arsenal to get battered at Old Trafford come Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Looking forward to the head to head match against the Madridista squads. Real Madrid remains to be undefeated but the Spanish competition have just started.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did them Rochdale bastards, we're gonna win the cup!

You need to look at Liverpool harder. Our strikers need 3 clear chances too, we just generate enough that we can win games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.