Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think that the new War Campaign will be timegated?

I mean let's be honest here - 8.2.5 is still a minor patch so if they decide to timegate the War Campaign it will probably be like 15 mins of new content per week.

How likely do you think this will happen? I believe 8.1, 8.1.5 and 8.2 didn't timegate the story content.

Do you think we will see a full War Campaign tomorrow (US) and on wednesday (EU)?

I hope not, but I fear it might be. Otherwise this is a 1 day feature that won't last until Blizzcon, which seems to be the whole point here.

How long were all the other war campaigns? 1-2 hours worth of content? Do you think Blizzard wants you to rush through that small amount of content within a day? I don't think so. It could be released in steps and each of them has a significant event or cinematic at the end.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-23 at 04:03 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Considering people on twitter that aren't Ion/Lore/PR stupid are hyping up the patch and its contents, I'm not sure it'll be timegated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Considering people on twitter that aren't Ion/Lore/PR stupid are hyping up the patch and its contents, I'm not sure it'll be timegated.
    Yep. Feasel tweeted that he would be streaming to watch our reactions to the content.

No. because Devs tweets saying they want to see reaction on tuesday

Ya know, I might not like the story direction of BFA, but I really appreciate that Blizz kept a lot of things secret for this patch and they they are genuinely excited to see our reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Yep. Feasel tweeted that he would be streaming to watch our reactions to the content.
    It could still be timegated, but open with something they think is impressive.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It could still be timegated, but open with something they think is impressive.
    Very true. The fact the devs are excited has me excited though

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Very true. The fact the devs are excited has me excited though
    They are excited to troll uss

War Campaign isn't time-gated, as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I hope not, but I fear it might be. Otherwise this is a 1 day feature that won't last until Blizzcon, which seems to be the whole point here.
    Or they want us to get through it fast so they can move on to 8.3 and get news from that out of the way ahead of Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 8.1 story wasnt gated at all, only thing that stopped you in 8.2 was lack of rep too, which you could speed up with the extra rep gains like pet battle or ancients.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I don't think it will have any timegating in the middle. But it might not be available right away when the patch hits.

No. It's probably a couple quests for about 1 hour of playing the game. I don't think it will be in any way time gated.

Just want blizzcon to come already!

Nowadays everything is time gated in WoW.

That is as bad as timegating close to nothing. See classic.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-09-23 at 04:38 PM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Has any of the war campaign been time gated? (obvious between patched it has) but all that patch content is there from day 1 if you have the rep/ items etc
    Locking it behind a rep (you needed certain plateaus to get the quests) is effectively time-gating.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Or they want us to get through it fast so they can move on to 8.3 and get news from that out of the way ahead of Blizzcon.
    Pushing out 8.3 does nothing for them if we assume the last raid will have any plot relevance. It's 5 weeks until Blizzcon, us knowing what the last raid is will not make an expansion announcement any less awkward, no matter if it's 3 weeks before or 3 minutes before. So I don't see any reason why they would need to hurry here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    I mean let's be honest here - 8.2.5 is still a minor patch so if they decide to timegate the War Campaign it will probably be like 15 mins of new content per week.

How likely do you think this will happen? I believe 8.1, 8.1.5 and 8.2 didn't timegate the story content.

Do you think we will see a full War Campaign tomorrow (US) and on wednesday (EU)?
    I doubt it it will be timegated, and if it is it won't be timegated that much. This is because revealing/talking about 8.3 on the same day they are showing us the new expansion would make most of the 8.3 info old news and barely talked about as the new expansion would overtake it. Its a bad Marketing tool.

They will probably frontload everything in 8.2.5 so in the coming weeks leading into Blizzcon it'll all be about 8.3 info dumps. This not only is a great way to get people talking about WoW after the classic hype is starting to die down, but also its a good lead/build up into Blizzcon which will be all about the next expansion (and some more 8.3 info).

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Locking it behind a rep (you needed certain plateaus to get the quests) is effectively time-gating.
    No it isn't at all, its rep gated. Time gated is when X will be release this specific date and there is literally nothing you can do till that date (like LFR wings). It may take a specific amount of days to grind a rep, but the time it takes is completely up to how much time you want to put in.
    Last edited by Raone; 2019-09-23 at 05:07 PM.