Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

I'm told the game has no legs, despite seeing, two weeks later, that the population level hasn't changed on the Classic servers at all, and that the starting zones are as crowded as on day 1.
    How dishonest can you be? Hyperbole doesn't strengthen your argument, but rather shows how fragile it is at its core.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggers69 View Post
    Curious, if retail is so good why are the classic ques so high?
    - Blizzard manually control when queues are on / off by controlling the max limit a server can hold, not because they are "full"
    - Retail has exponentially more servers
    - Each of those servers has substantially higher player cap
    - Retail is currently mid patch cycle - nothing new for quite a while now
    - Classic JUST came out

You dont seem very curious to be honest, even the smallest amount of critical thinking could have produced the list above, or even more reasons for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You just see a bunch of people unable to understand why everyone is enjoying Classic, they have no answer, so they use cognitive dissonance to rationalize it for themselves and for some reason it makes them jealous or emotional.

Pretty funny.
    You just see a bunch of people unable to understand why everyone is enjoying Retail, they have no answer, so they use cognitive dissonance to rationalize it for themselves and for some reason it makes them jealous or emotional.

Pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Its basically just the same thing with more mechanics? WouW Must be hard to go install addons and read tactics for the boss fights. Cant imagine.
    No, clearly you have absolutely no clue the difficulty increase between heroic and mythic. The only thing you said that is true, is that you cant imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Its just nostalgia and nothing more. The new shiny object effect will wear off soon.
    You make it sound like the dramatic droppoff hasnt already started. My friends list isnt exactly a big enough sample size, but it has been interesting to watch. Roughly 45 old guildies / friends came back for classic. Two weeks in, 3 remain, and one of them is only getting to 60 incase they release BC realms, so he will be max level and wont have to rush through it.

Some lasted 1-2 days, some lasted through the first weekend, but didnt come back the second. Some had played vanilla, some hadnt. Im not saying that the same percentages apply to everyone, just that it has been interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Classic has it's own issues, but it's still a much engaging RPG experience than retail is.
    If your definition of engaging an "an engaging RPG experience" is inconveniencing and interrupting genuinely fun and engaging gameplay at every turn, then sure, classic is for you. Especially when you consider most of your class quests are poor consolation prizing for only being good at one tiny aspect of the game.

There'll be drop offs shortly after every phase drop.

Phase drops, big spike in traffic....week or two later only the niche vanilla only audience remains...........but we all knew that.

Gonna be great having tons of dead realms, Blizz doesn't even know the meaning of the word "Merge".

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

You make it sound like the dramatic droppoff hasnt already started. My friends list isnt exactly a big enough sample size, but it has been interesting to watch. Roughly 45 old guildies / friends came back for classic. Two weeks in, 3 remain, and one of them is only getting to 60 incase they release BC realms, so he will be max level and wont have to rush through it.

Some lasted 1-2 days, some lasted through the first weekend, but didnt come back the second. Some had played vanilla, some hadnt. Im not saying that the same percentages apply to everyone, just that it has been interesting to watch.
    Hard to use the word dramatic for a drop off when they keep releasing new realms. Frankly I don't understand all this debate. The games are entirely different mmos one will appeal more to some and one will appeal more to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Hard to use the word dramatic for a drop off when they keep releasing new realms. Frankly I don't understand all this debate. The games are entirely different mmos one will appeal more to some and one will appeal more to others.
    Imagine how big of a confidence hit Classic's announcement must have been for the people who used to spam the "wall of no". They're emotionally invested in seeing it fail now. It's just revenge for them at this point.

And because Classic will never pull the numbers that retail does, they'll think they've somehow been proven right, even though numbers were never the point to begin with.

"entirely different mmos".....i dont know how to tell you this.........................

You make a HUGE mistake here, making the baseless assumption that the two versions of the game are mutually exclusive. I really dont know why so many people make this same mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Imagine how big of a confidence hit Classic's announcement must have been for the people who used to spam the "wall of no". They're emotionally invested in seeing it fail now. It's just revenge for them at this point.

And because Classic will never pull the numbers that retail does, they'll think they've somehow been proven right, even though numbers were never the point to begin with.
    The classic fanbase has spouted nothing but made up exaggerated numbers since day one, so im sorry to tell you this, but for many people, it is about numbers. You also make the wild (and incorrect) assumption that this doesnt occur on both sides of the argument. Numerous times in this thread alone fans of classic have flapped on about the queues, the number of servers, the wait times, zones of of people etc etc. So for you, it might not be about numbers, but it certainly is for many people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post

Classic has it's own issues, but it's still a much less engaging RPG experience than retail is.
    Dont know about that.........

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    I have to admit,

Blizzard was correct. I did think I wanted Classic, I followed Classic news every single day and even took off work to play it on day 1. However, after playing to level 15 and putting about 15 hours into the game the nostalgia completely wore off.

Classic is not a good game. The mob mechanics are outdated with bad AI, the graphics are really really bad, the quests are so boring and bland (pick up x, kill z, talk to y) with no justification to be doing anything no cool story, the game design is horrible (quests sending you to an area and then walking back and then another quest sends you back to the area or having to go back and forth to deliver a letter to someone 5 feet away?), the UI elements are so lacking (no HP showing? Quest tracking inconsistent, node tracking inconsistent, etc), the game is slow for no reason (i.e. having to kill 55 boars for 4 livers?). Really it's so boring, there is no appeal to this game.

Anyway,
    I have to give it to Blizzard, I did forget how bad Classic actually was and I do say that retail is much better.

I suspect in the coming weeks the nostalgia will wear off for everyone (it seems to be already happening as full servers on day one are medium or low now) so players are dropping off like flies and this will just have been a big waste of development that could have been done to make retail much better.
    Do the visuals make a big difference?

"entirely different mmos".....i dont know how to tell you this.........................

You make a HUGE mistake here, making the baseless assumption that the two versions of the game are mutually exclusive. I really dont know why so many people make this same mistake.
    It's not a mistake. It's a common conception. BFA and Classic have less in common with each other than they do other MMO's. Same genre but they really are different in how they approach almost everything from a philosophical standpoint. Much like how 15 years ago you were not the same person you were today. You've grown you've changed your opinions have shifted. To think otherwise is just plain silly.

Just knowing that they will never try to improve or go forward with classic is enough for me if i have to choose what is "better". Doing and trying something new and learning that, however bad it would be (not saying it currently even is) is far better than staying stuck on shit i have already learned. Nevertheless i have found classic a fun excuse to bullshit with old friends while doing something while waiting for new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    You said

"Vanilla is great, and cannot be a shit game(subjective, despite your illogical reasoning), even subjectively (lol). You might not like it; but it is still a good game.(subjective opinion) It's a popular franchise (Warcraft), based on a successful format (DnD), and crafted with a unique and timeless style.

You may not like it, but that doesn't make it a shitty game, sorry to break it to you." << again, your subjective opinion. I could reword that into me saying " you may like it, but that doesnt make it a good game, sorry to break it to you"

You can sit there with your hands over your ears, screaming with unreasonable rage, but I'm still 100% fucking right. Sorry kiddo, when you grow up you'll understand that you can't always be right just because you're the loudest.

"Vanilla is great, and cannot be a shit game(subjective, despite your illogical reasoning), even subjectively (lol)."

World of Warcraft was the best-selling PC game of 2005 and 2006. In the United States, it sold 1.4 million copies ($68.1 million) by August 2006. It was the country's third best-selling computer game between January 2000 and August 2006. That, along with it's numerous awards, and the number of players playing the game, prove I'm right. That's why it cannot be considered a shit game, you might dislike it as an individual, but the numbers, profit, and success prove that I am 100% correct in my statements.

"You may not like it, but that doesn't make it a shitty game, sorry to break it to you." << again, your subjective opinion. I could reword that into me saying " you may like it, but that doesnt make it a good game, sorry to break it to you"

You could reword whatever you want, but you can't go back in time and stop the sheer volume of copies sold; you can't take away the massive profits of the game; you can't erase the playerbase, or their love of the franchise; you can't do ANYTHING at ALL about the success of the game.

All you can do is sit there and angrily moan about semantics, filled with rage that you're nothing but a vocal minority who couldn't pass logic 101 with a gun to your head.

People like different things. Retail and classic share so few aspects beyond theme they are nearly entirely different games. It isnt surprising that both appeal to only a few rather then one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    There is no interface option to turn on enemy HP, this is a feature in Classic.
    Typing "v" on your keyboard will toggle enemy HP on and off. It has for as long as I can remember. Also, type "shift + v" will toggle friendly HP.

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    Typing "v" on your keyboard will toggle enemy HP on and off. It has for as long as I can remember. Also, type "shift + v" will toggle friendly HP.
    Thats nameplates, not HP

It's not a mistake. It's a common conception. BFA and Classic have less in common with each other than they do other MMO's. Same genre but they really are different in how they approach almost everything from a philosophical standpoint. Much like how 15 years ago you were not the same person you were today. You've grown you've changed your opinions have shifted. To think otherwise is just plain silly.
    I mean, 15 years ago I used to think WoW was the best game, and part of that excitement for the game was because of the promise of WoW. WoW was so good that it made it exciting to see what was to come, to think of how great WoW would become in the future.

I certainly do not think that anymore.

thats like, your shitty fucked up opinion, man

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Thats nameplates, not HP
    It shows a name and an HP bar on each of the enemy mobs. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    It shows a name and an HP bar on each of the enemy mobs. What more do you want?
    probably more detailed than percent.

people regurgitate this and are yet to provide actual reasons why.

but it's the type of word salad we log in to mmo-champ for

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    probably more detailed than percent.
    You have to have an addon to show percentage, even in retail.

10+ Year Old Account

I don’t know how to tell you this but they are vastly different games. Retail and classic offer very different experiences. It’s possible to enjoy both for what they offer. Not sure why you’re hell bent on shit talking classic, can’t people get on and enjoy different versions of wow?