Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    You have to have an addon to show percentage, even in retail.
    No I mean more detailed than.

For example elvui alone can't display mob hp other than percent in classic, you need RealMobHealth

Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    I don’t know how to tell you this but they are vastly different games. Retail and classic offer very different experiences. It’s possible to enjoy both for what they offer. Not sure why you’re hell bent on shit talking classic, can’t people get on and enjoy different versions of wow?
    same game though. one is clunky and imbalanced, but same game.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    You can sit there with your hands over your ears, screaming with unreasonable rage, but I'm still 100% fucking right. Sorry kiddo, when you grow up you'll understand that you can't always be right just because you're the loudest.

"Vanilla is great, and cannot be a shit game(subjective, despite your illogical reasoning), even subjectively (lol)."

World of Warcraft was the best-selling PC game of 2005 and 2006. In the United States, it sold 1.4 million copies ($68.1 million) by August 2006. It was the country's third best-selling computer game between January 2000 and August 2006. That, along with it's numerous awards, and the number of players playing the game, prove I'm right. That's why it cannot be considered a shit game, you might dislike it as an individual, but the numbers, profit, and success prove that I am 100% correct in my statements.

"You may not like it, but that doesn't make it a shitty game, sorry to break it to you." << again, your subjective opinion. I could reword that into me saying " you may like it, but that doesnt make it a good game, sorry to break it to you"

You could reword whatever you want, but you can't go back in time and stop the sheer volume of copies sold; you can't take away the massive profits of the game; you can't erase the playerbase, or their love of the franchise; you can't do ANYTHING at ALL about the success of the game.

All you can do is sit there and angrily moan about semantics, filled with rage that you're nothing but a vocal minority who couldn't pass logic 101 with a gun to your head.
    It is not because something was a selling success or commercial success that makes it a great game. Or we could say that the Avengers series movies, while being a great commercial success, are great movies. The FX are nice sure, but the story is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    same game though. one is clunky and imbalanced, but same game.
    Take it easy on BFA. They tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Take it easy on BFA. They tried.
    Yeah. That's why i had nothing to say about it.

I don't get these threads anymore

"my opinion is the best. read my resume and this is why it makes me right and why I am the best. I was right. You are wrong"

Can't people just enjoy video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    No I mean more detailed than.

For example elvui alone can't display mob hp other than percent in classic, you need RealMobHealth
    I suppose the thing that I am having trouble understanding is: why is this so important?

You see a representation of the mob's health as a bar. If the bar is getting shorter, the mob is dying. As long as their bar is getting shorter faster than yours, then you are winning the fight. I don't know why people would need to see numbers or percentages. Is it dying? Yes! Collect rewards. No! Run away.

It's not rocket surgery, it's a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Can't people just enjoy video games?
    I think you and I may be a dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    I suppose the thing that I am having trouble understanding is: why is this so important?

You see a representation of the mob's health as a bar. If the bar is getting shorter, the mob is dying. As long as their bar is getting shorter faster than yours, then you are winning the fight. I don't know why people would need to see numbers or percentages. Is it dying? Yes! Collect rewards. No! Run away.
    "How's the HP pool, can I take him before I die?"

I don’t know how to tell you this but they are vastly different games. Retail and classic offer very different experiences. It’s possible to enjoy both for what they offer. Not sure why you’re hell bent on shit talking classic, can’t people get on and enjoy different versions of wow?
    They are literally two iterations of the same game.....i get that they have differences, as they are different versions. Different versions of the same game. Thats like saying Predator 2 is not a predator movie because it is different to Predator. I also am not "shit talking" classic. I play it, i enjoy it for what it is, and i will stop playing it soon. You also ironically parrot exactly what i said - many people DO play both versions of the game, and i dont know where this idea comes from that people dont.

I personally believe the core playbase moving forward will be RETAIL PLAYERS, not PS players. Retail players are getting by far the best deal, as they would be paying their sub anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    World of Warcraft was the best-selling PC game of 2005 and 2006.
    was is the important word here. and classic is NOWHERE near vanilla numbers AND in 1 years classic will have mayhaps a tenth of vanillas numbers at the same time max.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    This might be true, but most servers that had queues of 10,000+ on day one and two now have no queues at all and are sitting at medium to low.
    No queues at all? is that so must be why im sitting in queues for hours every single day on Gehennas when i get home from work late even now after 3-4 weeks. That server is busy all the time and so are the other servers that are high/full like ashbringer, shazzrah, golemagg and the others.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know how to tell you this but they are vastly different games. Retail and classic offer very different experiences.
    Maybe now there is a difference in 2019, but there was very little difference in how the game played in 2007 when I started. I am not seeing this vast difference of an experience I have largely been hearing about for many years now. The same quest and level of difficulty in those zones and quest seem to play as a remember them and I had to know idea what the heck I was doing back then. I know I do not die this time around or I do not die as often as I did back then. Something about having to run half a zone to my corpse got old over time. The biggest changes to the game did not come until much later. Classic plays a little bit different from when I first started, but not so much that made it better. Some of the refinements over time were for the betterment of the gaming experience, some not so much.

As I stated in the other thread, I got to 60, but now I will just visit my Classic character ever now and then, like any other alt. I think leveling to 60 burnt me out. Still a fun ride, but need a break from it.

The view count for the classic and retail forums here have gone from 2/1 in favour of classic to around 3/1 in favour of retail. I wonder if the classic playerbase has suffered or will suffer a similar drop.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2019-09-28 at 01:39 PM.

For what is an opinion worth, I'll toss mine here: I like Classic a lot, I'm playing only that, the way I played it in 2005 (EU release). I enjoy the journey, not the destination, I play more than one class and swap for fun and variety, etc.
    Retail up to Legion had its ups and downs, but I played it pretty much all the time. BfA is honestly a failure in terms of class design and that undermines every other little thing they did to make it cool, in other terms, if I can't have fun playing my favourite classes, I tend to enjoy a lot less the content they are asked to eplore.

Legion was a good expansion for me, so was Pandaria, WoD not that good, but levelling in it was very fun.

In Classic I go at my pace, I always find people to play with and enjoy the game with a bit of nostalgia added on top, in retail I feel more like I'm surrounded by bots, rushing to obtain the reward for whatever is the activity of the moment and not really caring about what happens inbetween the beginning and the end. Maybe I'm just an old gamer with an old mentality, but that was my experience, even during good expansions. Classic is letting me live again the old ways, at least most of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The view count for the classic and retail forums here have gone from 2/1 in favour of classic to around 3/1 in favour of retail. I wonder if the classic playerbase has suffered or will suffer a similar drop.
    There simply isn’t much to talk about, and the things there are to discuss are swarmed with posters telling you that the game is terrible. So, my interest in the these forums has dropped significantly in terms of reading them, but my interest in the game has not.

Classic would have endured much longer if they actually went progressive and not (certain private server)-like.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2019-09-28 at 05:44 PM.

Well let me be the first to remind all of the Classic nuthuggers that legacy servers were only brought up due to the fact that WoD was boring. Now they were around before, but their popularity skyrocketed due to the fact that retail was subpar.

Now that you have your classic servers, reality has kicked in.

You thought you did.... But you didn't....

You got exactly what you wished for, but as it turns out you didn't really want it you wanted what came with it.

My motivation killer is unfortunately the server. Unfortunately I decided to use the wrong server. Even the strongest guild of my faction is occupied by inexperienced fools who pretend to have vanilla experience. You start here practically at zero. A restart is out of the question, I've already farmed too much for that.