Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    You must not have played Vanilla.
    I have, he's right lol
    you made friends if it was convenient to you. you still generally only invited people for kill quests because low droprates+shared drops = bad time for both parties.

Social aspects are all still there.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I have, he's right lol
    you made friends if it was convenient to you. you still generally only invited people for kill quests because low droprates+shared drops = bad time for both parties.

Social aspects are all still there.
    I have, and he's not right lol
    damn, now we're at an impasse. maybe you need a hobby that doesn't involve trolling forums to post about how right you are about everything.

damn, now we're at an impasse. maybe you need a hobby that doesn't involve trolling forums to post about how right you are about everything.
    You should really stop projecting. I know your innate need for shortbus content to be the reinvention of the wheel is great, but accept it for what it is.

The same goes for you. I did play vanilla back then and I did not like to be grouped up because of low drop rate of quests items.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The same goes for you. I did play vanilla back then and I did not like to be grouped up because of low drop rate of quests items.
    at least we have that in common.

at least we have that in common.
    so you mean to say that the guy was right, interesting, interesting.

You must not have played Vanilla.
    Since day one in Europe, actually. You are probably some private server sperg who's 20 years old atm but "pLayEd VaNilLa gUyS I pRoMiSE I KnOw WhAt'S up!!!!".

Don't make ridiculous assumptions when you have no arguments to counter what I'm saying, spergy boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I think we say for certain now that Classic was quite the failure. Ques are dropping already.

There are a couple of things that need to change in Classic for it to survive.

1. Balance changes.
    2. More difficult raids and dungeons.
    3. A more modern talent tree.
    4. Alliance needs bloodlust.
    5. More self-heal to DPS classes.
    6. Flying mount.
    7. Change blue item color to purple. Who the f wants blues?
    I get this is a Troll/ Bait Post, but the fact that #4 is a thing proves that you don't know what is actually in Vanilla. Bloodlust was not a thing until Burning Crusade for either Faction. So letting just the Alliance have it would be a huge disadvantage to Horde.

It's absolutely fine to not want to interact with other people when you play WoW.

God knows why you chose to pay a subscription to an MMO when you don't like playing with other people, but hey it's your money and time. Must be because WoW has such great gameplay. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It's absolutely fine to not want to interact with other people when you play WoW.

God knows why you chose to pay a subscription to an MMO when you don't like playing with other people, but hey it's your money and time. Must be because WoW has such great gameplay. Lol.
    90% of people you meet online are toxic af. People like to interact with friends not with internet assholes. And its far more likely to find someone toxic than someone truely nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Logician View Post
    I'm sorry, i forgot to add that the strat was written in 2005.

And, i don't know what you mean by RF. I'm talking about February 2005.
    sure, jan. Sure.

Nice backpedal. I'm sure your wheels need some WD40 at this point.

I don't know why you are getting angry. Of course the strat wasn't written mere months ago.
    Angry? rofl.
    You perused some pirate server strat and then just added "oh yeah they wrote it in 2005"

it's hilarious. sad, but hilarious.

So, this is the strategy: http://www.arei.net/stuff/sih.old/OnyxiaGuide.pdf. I have it dated on Google at March 19, 2005. Some other areas of interest, and i don't know how it is on Classic, but he clearly says that Fear Ward is useless on Onyxia.
    I didn't know if i should tell you but I actually don't care either way, the fact that you're researching ony strats is funny

Another point of interest, these guilds told their damage to not attack for 60 s. Actually, he says to not attack for "at least 60 s" so the main tank can build up aggro.

I didn't know if i should tell you but I actually don't care either way, the fact that you're researching ony strats is funny
    15 year old strats are gamebreaking

I think they are fun to see. I don't care much for 1.12, and is a major reason, coupled with the #nochanges, that i don't play Classic, but seeing 1.3 vanilla is fun for me.
    k. still don't care, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    90% of people you meet online are toxic af. People like to interact with friends not with internet assholes. And its far more likely to find someone toxic than someone truely nice.
    exactly, who are all these people I should want to be interacting with? the majority of people who play this game and online video games in general are racist/sexist/homophobic toxic idiots. I'm not playing this game to make friends I have plenty irl and I don't want to be forced to make in-game connections with people I don't like just to play the game

What players forget is that games and their characteristics are relevant to the time in which they are created/released. Gamer's expectations shift, technology increases, etc etc. Great games come out that redefine a genre. Vanilla WoW was one of those games, now many of it's "benefits" are due to it's age. The game is "harder" than retail because it is less convenient, not due to design, but due to the limitations of its design at the time of it's actual creation.

This isn't restricted to games, go watch the movie hackers, back when it came out it was like WOAH crazy to think computers could control the world...now...yeah its just the funny movie, look how they thought the internet looked oooh! Still fun movie but in a totally different way.

1. Classic raids are very hard.

Funny thing, they were never hard. Maybe a couple of fights here and there (Four Horseman, Cthun, etc.) had a neat mechanic, but they were easy.

Molten Core - Easy
    Ony - Easy
    BWL - Easy
    AQ40 - Cthun and maybe Twin Emps were a step up
    Naxx (original) - There were some decent fights there, and the essential setup to the "Patchwerk" DPS check fight.

Regardless Vanilla raids were a joke compared to modern raids in retail and other MMOs.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones

This is more subjective, but the current talent trees are more impactful pound for pound.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60

Whatever, play how you want to. Vanilla questing and storytelling was far less than today's retail game and far far less than modern MMOs, RPGs, etc.

4. Classic incentives player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends

Not in 2019.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.

Not in 2019.

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy

Vanilla WoW class quests were awesome, in 2004. Try FFXIV class quests if you want you mind blown. I am sure other class quests in other MMOs rock, and the class hall quests were fantastic. SWTOR storytelling is single player RPG level good. (at this point so is FFXIV's).

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW

WoW became so powerful because it was so casual friendly, and in 2004 vanilla was just that. Now after 15 years of game development and entire new generations of gamers and expectations, its just clunky.

I am not a hater of Classic WoW, it's just that I beat that game already. Led a server first guild, scarab lord of Cenarion Circle, etc etc.

I want to play what is next, however if Blizzard is making money and classic players are happy then have a blast. However don't fool yourself, like the Tenacious D song, at best Classic is a "tribute" because in 2019 you cannot have the same experience that was had in 2004. Those conditions don't exist anymore.
    Last edited by kensim; 2019-09-23 at 11:10 PM.

You cared enough to rant earlier!

Anyways, others can still see the glory that was old vanilla compared to the patch Classic decided to settle on.
    Did I rant? No. I laughed at you researching ony strats

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    The "Classic is an RPG and retail is not" meme needs to die. Forced player interaction is cancer and it's for people with no lives who still live in their mothers' basements. Just because it's viable to be solo in retail doesn't mean you don't have the option to be a social snowflake and join guilds/communities and whatever else.

I can't believe how sad must you be to base your opinion of a game on how many random internet "friends" (cough) you make while roaming around. Vanilla PVP is a joke, it's a one shot, slow clown fiesta which can't hold a candle to retail arena where the ACTUAL pvp skill is. PVE is a joke as well in comparison to +10 and higher M+ keys and Mythic raiding.

You can do the exact same things you do in Classic in retail as well, the ONLY difference is that you can choose -NOT- to and still be viable / enjoy the game, and many people indeed choose not to sperg out whenever they see another person on the quest they're doing "OH MY GOD HIII LET'S BE ONLINE FRIENDS!!!". Retail gives you choices. Choices on the difficulty of the content you do, choices on the social interaction and so on and so forth. You can LITERALLY have the same playstyle as in Classic if you want to, it's no one's fault you queue for LFR and then cry about how anti-social it is or easy or some other nonsense.

"social power/hierarchy of the game" = GMs of big guilds (neckbeard clowns) dictating what happens and how it happens on the entire server. Imagine liking some scrawny / fat derp behind a PC screen telling you what loot you get, what to play and how to play it. Classic is the most toxic surrounding possible, exactly due to this reason - because people can't be anonymous anymore due to the fact it's not cross - server and how long it takes to level so they play only one character and this allows for any idiotic sperg to sick his equally spergy followers on anyone they don't like.

-GOD- forbid such a "community".

Also, saying Classic talent trees are better because you click on something every level (1% healing increase, WOW SO IMMERSIVE!!) is bullshit too. In retail you need to constantly swap talents according to the situation (in arena for example) or particular boss encounter, which actually makes you THINK about what to use rather than making your little meme meta cookie cutter build and calling it a day.

Stop deluding yourselves.
    There's one major flaw in that pile of condescending and short minded crap you wrote for us. You're saying that we now have a choice to group together, which is true, but what you're voluntarily forgetting to say is that there is literally zero content adapted for that. Everything outside of instances is already insanely easy in solo. There is absolutely nothing challenging you, and grouping simply makes the content even more brainless.

You're emphasizing the importance of choice but Vanilla is the same. Nothing forces you to do an elite quest. If you don't want to do any and want to solo all the way to 60, you can. The big difference is that on retail, there's only content for the solo player where in Vanilla's case, there is content for the solo player and for the player who wants to group.

And based on your post, it seems like this is the point that triggered you and made you want to spit on people with other preferences: you don't understand and don't like the fact that there is content for people looking for something different than you.

To make it simple, if retail matches your style better, play it but no need to go out of your way to shit on players who like different styles.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2019-09-23 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    There's one major flaw in that pile of condescending and short minded crap you wrote for us. You're saying that we now have a choice to group together, which is true, but what you're voluntarily forgetting to say is that there is literally zero content adapted for that. Everything outside of instances is already insanely easy in solo. There is absolutely nothing challenging you, and grouping simply makes the content even more brainless.

You're emphasizing the importance of choice but Vanilla is the same. Nothing forces you to do an elite quest. If you don't want to do any and want to solo all the way to 60, you can. The big difference is that on retail, there's only content for the solo player where in Vanilla's case, there is content for the solo player and for the player who wants to group.

And based on your post, it seems like this is the point that triggered you and made you want to spit on people with other preferences: you don't understand and don't like the fact that there is content for people looking for something different than you.

To make it simple, if retail matches your style better, play it but no need to go out of your way to shit on players who like different styles.
    There are 5man elite quests in every leveling zone that you can *barely* solo in full mythic gear @ 110.
    Dunno what you're talking about, honestly.
    also, you aren't punished for grouping in bfa like you are in vanilla (reduced droprates and having to share drops basically doubles the time taken and mobs killed for a quest to progress, in addition to less experience((experience penalties don't exist in bfa)))

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, what came before sounded like a rant. I don't know. I got screamed at for forgetting to put '2005' in my post. I don't know if it was a rant or what.
    stand with rf on and drop consecrate so the warrior tanks can jerk off in p2 instead of picking up the adds pretty much still sounds like dead weight.

Oh i mean, i guess if you delegate a role that could be done by any of the tanks already present you can carve a use for them, if you want to.

also, ROFLMAO, MAKING STRATS FOR 15 YEAR OLD CONTENT MONTHS AGO.
    dunno in what universe this is read as a rant and not a laugh. carry on tho