Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    She has never been an anti-hero.
    Yes, she has. From WC3 to Cata at least. And even Cata she was just trying to do what was best for her people after Garrosh forced her into a war with Gilneas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping anduin dies with the conclusion of the war campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Learn the lore, she wasn't an anti-hero.
    Yes, she was. She was motivated largely by revenge against the Scourge and later by keeping the forsaken alive. It wasn't until BfA that she got slammed down as pure evil villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, she was. She was motivated largely by revenge against the Scourge and later by keeping the forsaken alive. It wasn't until BfA that she got slammed down as pure evil villain.
    Her and the Forsakens' entire purpose is to develop a new scourge that wipes out all the living. They're seeing all other Horde races as inferior. I'd say Sylvanas and her Forsaken have always been evil.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    You aren't the only one, my dude(tte). Bonus points if we can get rid of Sylvanas, Jaina and Baine as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Unlike the "I don't like her and she isn't dead so it's obviously plot armour." that people complain about Sylvanas. Anduin (and Velen) have truest of plot armour. An image showing him as an old man in the future (Not a possible one. It is clearly stated that this is the future, years away.) as high king was put at the end of Son of the wolf.

BFA was already won by the alliance with Anduin as the hero back during the Legion prepatch event.

Anduin is low-test

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Why can't someone be virtuous, wise AND young.
    That isn't why people hate him as a character. It's because no matter what he does, Blizzard writes him as if he can do no wrong, that he can pull off feats that even the strongest established lore NPCs can't pull off. He's immune to dying to what would kill any normal lore character, his character is too strong for the lack of training he actually has and there's a very clear bias towards the character from Blizzard themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Blame it on his father. Varian was such a badass the only way for his son to even be remotely close would be for Blizzard to add over the top stuff thats so completely unbelievable it just makes for bad lore. Anduin kinda got shafted from the start. I think maybe his story could have been decent if he went crazy and wanted to purge the world of the Horde after the world tree burned. Instead he turns out to be some wuss and becomes friends with all of them. At this point he just needs to go into hiding on Draenor somewhere and never be heard from again.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2019-09-24 at 02:26 PM.

He is a passive sucker who does nothing but kowtow and compromise to the Horde after all the atrocities and suffering inflicted by them to his people. He is weak and incompetent and fully deserves to be despised and flamed. I'd bet he will weep and beg for peace with the Hordies again this time round. /spit

Anduin piece of shit, i hate him so much, he lover horde dick. He gaylord, no he top cuckold loser ever. NO shit better than he. Shit brat baby crying baby ugly face... king of soy. He no man..... he schmuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Anduin piece of shit, i hate him so much, he lover horde dick. He gaylord, no he top cuckold loser ever. NO shit better than he. Shit brat baby crying baby ugly face... king of soy. He no man..... he schmuck
    Wow, quite the tirade there, not sure why he inspires such hate. He's one of the few alliance characters i like, and precisely because he is so different.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's twofold, on one end you have all the edgelords edgelording hard for whatever reason. It's WoW and you always have people blindly hating in just about anything.

On the other hand there is this whole controversy about writer's toxic masculinity opinions, which she voiced in past and seemingly her desire to push her agenda hard in writing here.

People are starting to get fed up with that crap, so there's pushback on that too.

Not really. He is a pretty flawed charcter in the fact he have NO flaws.
    HE is the beacon of good and naivitie, he is somehow SUPER powerfull, but never does anything with this powers or his belive in the light.
    Narratively, he is a A tool so the horde could go on this super Evil campaign of BFA, and Be forgiven at the end of it. with no consecense.

he have no personality expect" i forgive and love you all" He have no goals expect" peace" and have as much fucking personality and flavor to him as a plain Napkin.
    he is the impodiment how how blizzards sees the alliance" neutral and when ever they get slapped ask if they can have another"

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Wow, quite the tirade there, not sure why he inspires such hate. He's one of the few alliance characters i like, and precisely because he is so different.
    If he was just the human leader I wouldn't give much of a shit about him other than being annoyed by humans being pushed to the center all the time.

Him being the chosen one to fight the Void, him being High King, and him being better than all the other Alliance leaders is what makes me hate him. I couldn't give less of a shit if he's peaceful or warlike or idealistic or whatever other single personality trait they give him. It's how he affects other characters/races and the overall narrative of the game that makes me hate him.

A naive human king wanting peace who has to work with the other leaders of the Alliance and all the interracial conflicts that would spawn from different leaders wanting different things and having different end goals would work fine. Him being High King is atrocious and a massive misuse of other Alliance racial leaders. Tyrande is literally the only other racial leader who gets thoughts of her own, everyone else just mindlessly follows Anduin.

Man, the new cinematics made me hate Anduin even more. His trash talk with Saurfang... god, he's such a naive idiot and beyond useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If he was just the human leader I wouldn't give much of a shit about him other than being annoyed by humans being pushed to the center all the time.

Him being the chosen one to fight the Void, him being High King, and him being better than all the other Alliance leaders is what makes me hate him. I couldn't give less of a shit if he's peaceful or warlike or idealistic or whatever other single personality trait they give him. It's how he affects other characters/races and the overall narrative of the game that makes me hate him.

A naive human king wanting peace who has to work with the other leaders of the Alliance and all the interracial conflicts that would spawn from different leaders wanting different things and having different end goals would work fine. Him being High King is atrocious and a massive misuse of other Alliance racial leaders. Tyrande is literally the only other racial leader who gets thoughts of her own, everyone else just mindlessly follows Anduin.
    This sums it up nicely. Anduin is acceptable as racial leader for the humans, due to his non-existing personality he doesn't work (never did and never will) as Alliance faction leader.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again