Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am pretty much done. Got my main to 40 and a few alts to 20 odd. It is just not the same as vanilla. All you get is all the annoyances and none of the wonder. The long spawning mobs with the low drop rate items made me call it quits. You never knew any better the fist time around but it is a total joke now. Was doing yon quest in bad lands killing the earth ellys. Managed to kill 11 or 12 with the 6 other people doing the same and was at 1/10. Not sure if it is some bug when you get the looting sound and the window pops up for a split second but you get no loot but half of the mobs had that. It would take me an hour to do that stupid quest. It was fun the first time around but no ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I got sick in the first week of Classic and couldn't play as much as I wanted. Got to level 25 when some were already 50+ and that made me lose a lot of interest. Now I am busy with a personal project and don't really care. Will get to 60 eventually.
    It's the case for most games, isn't it? Sometimes I just ordered a game, it's not in my post yet that someone has updated a video fo the last boss on Youtube... It can be annoying but you should not care too much or it's never ending

I dinged 60, did MC and then quit. There is 0 reason to play the game, hardest content is cleared.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I put in about 30 hours on the first week, and nothing after that. I loved it, I always loved vanilla - I just don't see myself having the time to even finish level 60 in a reasonable time frame and put in the effort to gear up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I dinged 60, did MC and then quit. There is 0 reason to play the game, hardest content is cleared.
    You said 5 days ago you quit at level 11.

Did you decide not to sleep since then?

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Press X for doubt.

5 Days ago you were level 11 and "quit playing"

5 days later you CLEARED MC and are level 60 WITH 17 days played time

So 17 - 5 days = 12 days.

It took you 12 days PLAY time to get to 11, and then only 5 days from 11 to 60 + clearing MC?

Oh boii ...

And yes I made an account to call you out on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyNugget View Post
    Press X for doubt.

It took you 12 days PLAY time to get to 11, and then only 5 days from 11 to 60 + clearing MC?

Oh boii ...

But the person above you was already calling him out...

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyNugget View Post
    Press X for doubt.

Oh boii ...

Typical mad classic player, stop crying

I thought I did but I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    i am also leveling a druid and will play feral so if a guild will make me respec healer just to get invited to raids i say f... them and look for another that accepts me, if no one accepts me as feral in raids i will not be doing any raiding and that's it
    There isn't much to do outside of raiding at 60

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    There isn't much to do outside of raiding at 60
    Farm the little BiS ofcourse?
    And im personally going to try and help low levels being ganked in several zones

This is my project 60 for phase 1...but im only level 49.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    dinged 52 as warrior and my sub expired
    realized I'm not actually want to pay for sub and then go through the last 8 levels.
    at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    OMG YES FINALLY NOW I CAN GRIND 24 HOURS A DAY FOR NO GEAR JUST LIKE HOW IT SHOULD BE, LAWLZOR STUPID RETAIL BABIES NEED CODDLING AND GEAR EVERY 5 MIN LAWL!!!1111!!!111 ROFLCOPTER NO HANDOUTS IN VANILLA!
    SO TRUE LMAO they do talk like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I made it to 56 before the burnout really got to me. I've just about run out of quests, the Mage AoE spots are constantly 100% camped by people or bored Rogue gankers, and quite frankly the thought of single-target grinding as a Mage for 3.6 levels makes me want to end my life. I could do dungeons to finish 56-60, but now that most semi-hardcore players are 60, it's a little more difficult to find groups as a non-60.

I'll probably finish it very slowly over the next 2 weeks or so. Honestly I'm not too worried about it since the end-game at the moment is pretty barren of content. I'm also not a big fan of Vanilla gameplay. I'm really just playing Classic to get some characters ready for TBC whenever that launches (fingers crossed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I made it to 56 before the burnout really got to me. I've just about run out of quests, the Mage AoE spots are constantly 100% camped by people or bored Rogue gankers, and quite frankly the thought of single-target grinding as a Mage for 3.6 levels makes me want to end my life. I could do dungeons to finish 56-60, but now that most semi-hardcore players are 60, it's a little more difficult to find groups as a non-60.

I'll probably finish it very slowly over the next 2 weeks or so. Honestly I'm not too worried about it since the end-game at the moment is pretty barren of content. I'm also not a big fan of Vanilla gameplay. I'm really just playing Classic to get some characters ready for TBC whenever that launches (fingers crossed).
    As a lvl 44 ret...just finish it. Even if you hate the game and never play it again, at least you can say that you "beat the game".

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    No I'm not, I'm saying that vanilla content is harder than 99% of the content of the BfA content. I just can't care about lazy dungeon design that's based on MDI.
    Raids are OK, mechanic vise I'm saying that how Raids look I horrible. 15 years old ZG has more soul than anything released in last 5+ years. Entire game experience in classic is better.
    Dungeon design is anything but lazy, you can have many ways to approach dungeons and collect %. People just figure out the best ones, but Blizz had to give it a good thought of how to make it challenging. Waycrest Manor is really nice dungeon, one of my favs, Mechagon is fun, Kara was really fun in Legion. HoV was thematically really nice too so yeah... almost as if it was subjective. How raids look, well... subjective? How can u compare something like Onyx lair or MC and compare it to something like ToV? Take Nighthold and compare it to AQ? Effort to Create the raids... well, not too hard to see? How does it feel is... subjective?
    99% of BfA content... yeah, so mythic raids/dungeons/hc warfronts are only 1% of it's content? if we have 4 modes, it is at least 25% of BfA content mate. Even HC raids are harder in BfA than a raid in vanilla. Why? you don't see it cleared with one shots on the day people enter it. Gear makes it easier, but so it does in vanilla. So... but I guess it does not fit your narrative so it does not count.

3+ Year Old Account
    Simply got bored, found it difficult to justify the timesink for content I've done like 15 times...

That and knowing ahead what is coming, every dungeon, every raid, secret and that I won't have time to do any of that content.

Not a massive fan of BfA, but it suits my schedule well, and the way I can keep track of everything through achievements and "create content" myself.

I do enjoy watching the streamers play Classic though, it's enough of a fill.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    As a lvl 44 ret...just finish it. Even if you hate the game and never play it again, at least you can say that you "beat the game".
    Why though? To feel some sense of entitlement for beating a tedious 15 year old game?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Well fortunately for you your arcade beat em up with an endless gear treadmill is still waiting for you.
    Well fortunately for you, you can go enjoy a game with design principles pulled from 1995. A game where you level to 53 and then realize there are no more quests to do, and your endgame dungeons rarely provide the quality rewards you can get from running AV and getting IBS, or exalted with Unstoppable Force, and you only have content for 5 man and 4 man groups, and nothing else in between.

Classic is demonstrably a bad game. It was great at the time, when it was clearly the leader in game design due to the pure scale of the game, as well as the world. But that was 15 years ago, and we've grown past that point. Classic is a game locked in time. It has a few good qualities, such as a social friction that you don't find in retail. Aside from that, the only other thing I can praise is that when you get a level, you have something to do. However, it's extremely disheartening to run a dungeon, get very little loot, level while in the dungeon, and not have enough gold to buy new skills. Also, the talent points just "aren't that good." They only feel moderately rewarding, because once I place the point I don't interact with it anymore until waaaaaay later in the game where the point assists in min-max, or because it's an active ability, which aren't provided readily.

Classic is just a game locked in old design principles, and for that reason, it suffers heavily. Retail WoW's biggest selling point is that it sort of has a game for everyone inside of it. I think there is a lot to be said about how much Blizzard has done to make the game appeal to a wide audience of subcategories within the MMO genre. You have the casual, the dungeon runners, mythic + masters, the raiders, the LFG'ers, the LFR'ers, the collection crazy people, the Acheivement whores, the people who just like to bop around and RP, people who just like to do daily quests and grind, those that like island expeditions, Warfront spammers, PvP'ers...

Retail WoW just has so much, and to say that Classic is superior as a total product would be demonstrably incorrect. You may think the game is "better" or "more fun" as an opinion, but from a game design standpoint, Retail is clearly the superior game. The mystique and grip that Classic WoW had on millions is locked in 2005. You can't get it back.
    Last edited by tehdef; 2019-09-23 at 09:28 PM.

Because we played classic when it was relevant.