Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    People who are going to quit:

1). Don't care about Warcraft that much to begin with
    2). Burnt out of the game because they played through every single expansion
    3). Not really attached to any of the classes
    4). Wasn't planning on PVP, doesn't care about PVP, avoiding PVP, sucks at PVP
    5). Bad levelers. Self explanatory.

If you aren't invested, you aren't invested. If you suck, you suck. Not a big deal.
    6). People with families that can't afford to put in the time that they did when it was live. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    6). People with families that can't afford to put in the time that they did when it was live. :P
    Thank thank thank you, I knew I was forgetting one. How can I forget the most obvious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    -SNIP- , and I can't wait for blasted lands boars that don't have lungs.
    Boars where not a problem for me. The birds were. I just skipped the quest where i had to farm 10 of their items. There were only 6 people in the area, including me. Dead monsters everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    People who are going to quit:
    1). Don't care about Warcraft that much to begin with
    I stopped playing Classic, so I could start playing WoW again.

80% of time in Classic levelling is just hanging around for a mob or NPC to spawn.

Getting into a dungeon run - well there was no chance of that.

At least in real WoW - there are stacks of other things to do to keep you interested.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Tired of constantly having to do quests 3 or 4 levels above me because I've exhausted all the ones my own level due to constantly having to group and getting 20% XP for mob kills...
    You should never be in a situation where you have to do that tbh, you're skipping out on zones and not properly spreading your questing areas.

There is no such thing as entering a zone and finishing it fully before moving on, you have to bounce around between 2-3 zones of the same level , doing all the yellow quests to ding then once those higher lvl orange quests turn yellow move onto those, u should never do orange/red quests since you're basically eating the xp you're going to need later on.

I suggest you look up guides on zone pathing if you're struggling to decide where to go.

I have stopped right now because of questing really and the lack of ease to make a group for a dungeon.

Questing - Me and my mate leveled together and it seems as i remembed in classic you are punished for questing together as for a collecetion quest or a loot x amount you have to double everything. Add in the low drop chance or low respawn timers in terms of collection quest and you are grinding so stupidly hard for something so poor. Add in work to this and i just don't have the time for that. I get home and online and have 3 hours a night to play at best, that makes about half a level of questing and a dungeon but none of this is "fun" because the questing takes so long due to what i mentioned.

Dungeons - Having to spam /4 and /1 for 1 healer because me as a tank and my 2/3 dps friends depending how many of us are online is not also fun. Someone mentioned in another thread how "if you are not standing afk for 45 minutes trying to find a dungeon group you are playing the game wrong" which is not playing the game it is afking in a capital city trying to play the game. Add the Dungeon Tool to Classic and its problem solved for players like me who do not have access to 100 guild mates because they are not playing that hardcore or want to play with a select group of friends that are <5 party strong. The Dungeon Tool also doesn't have to teleport you to said dungeon just creates the group for you and then you all meet up there, then as well if you are not interested in using it you don't have to use it. Classic elitism on things like addons and "thats not classic experience" for using stuff is the most stupidest thing in the world as 99% of the playerbase used the questie addon to level, everyone abused "sharding" while spamming dungeons as well which again isnt a classic feature. So yeah, Classic isn't about 45 minute dungeon queues its about the game being brought back to life without having to play on dial up internet or a Pentium 2 processor pc that was utter trash.

Again the game is good, way better than Retail, but i want a hybrid of this classic class design and playability but with the nice improvements of retail in terms of graphical changes, LFD tool and ability to see proper maps of dungeons when you are in a dugeon XD

or you can use the "looking for group" channel which doesn't oblige you to stay at a capital...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigald View Post
    or you can use the "looking for group" channel which doesn't oblige you to stay at a capital...
    If you're not using LFG channel or joining /world to create groups, no wonder you struggle.

edit: The other person, not you Rigald.

So this thread is really pointless. Most replies are going to be retailers pretending to have played Classic, and clearly the only reason people would even stop this soon is because they can't handle a real game that actually requires you to think and plan ahead.

Anyone posting in this thread is basically advertising they are a casual who needs welfare epics and constant handholding/quality of life, because you know, god forbid a video game might make your life harder and actually challenge you.

Classic is BOOMING and retail is, well, this says it all:

They are trying to get the Classic playerbase to buy their shitty BfA expansion. ROFL not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    I lvled to 53 and had take a break of a few days to get some work done and just kinda didn't come back. Just didn't really felt like it anymore.

Also the gatekeeping gets really anoying. There was once a discussion in guild chat because a guy really wanted to play druid but didn't want to heal and some people were adamant that it was better to just raid with 39 than have a non-resto druid in the raid. I mean, you gotta fill a 40 man raid and have people willing to invest enough time into the game to get to lvl 60 and get ready for raiding, just let them join. But I guess its best to leave the guy out just because he didn't like to be a healer.
    wait when guilds realise they will have to run MC and BWL forever to attne each new raider because he literaly wont be able to join raid otherwise ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    wait when guilds realise they will have to run MC and BWL forever to attne each new raider because he literaly wont be able to join raid otherwise ^^
    Don't need a guild to attune to MC and BWL. What attunement is required in the actual raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If you're not using LFG channel or joining /world to create groups, no wonder you struggle.

edit: The other person, not you Rigald.
    Yeah, it's not great that it's not there by default but that's another tool quite useful that seems to be a blocker for many here

Regarding questing in group, it's more tedious for items collection quest but it's globally easier as a group and the game is pushing for group play to

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Considering quitting after losing four T1 items in a MC pug to a single guy in greens. I think I have never been so mad in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    Boars where not a problem for me. The birds were. I just skipped the quest where i had to farm 10 of their items. There were only 6 people in the area, including me. Dead monsters everywhere
    My record sofar is 35 minutes of trogg killing for 7 teeth

Because, turns out, it's preeeeetty fucking boring.
    It's not fun having to autohit mobs to death for 20 seconds, it's not fun having to drink for 30 seconds after every other mob, it's not fun having to eat for 30 seconds after every couple mobs. It's also not fun to play classes with a 1, maybe 2, button rotation - there's only so much Frostbolts one can cast before going mental. And it's especially not fun having to kill 100 mobs just to get the 12 quest items you need. With all of these it's not fun having to grind 500 mobs per level, because those 500 mobs come with 2 hours of forced downtime and 10 hours of boredom and frustration.

I like the world, I like the progression, I like working towards things again. But I don't like the 1975 combat and class system.
    I'd enjoy a game with the world and progression systems of classic/TBC and the class designs on maybe MOP or WoD or whatever.

I tried it and I didn't really like it. I'm not 12 anymore and it's not 2004 anymore. I see no point in mindlessly dragging myself to lvl 60 over the course of several weeks just to then fall asleep on a 2 minute Ragnaros kill where my whole rotation consisted of... 30 Shadow Bolts. Fucking Candy Crush is more enjoyable than that.

After our first MC raid there isn't much to log in for, problem with classic is that pretty much until phase 4 there isn't much raid content to fill up days in the week. dungeons become pointless and boring to run. I kinda wonder if trash farms will replace dungeon runs as they are 10 fold more lucrative. grinding trash in molten core with 20 ppl has the potential to get way better boe drops than farming blues in dungeons when you have BiS.

ill likely farm foror's when dire maul comes in, but there isn't much to do in the game once you're saved to the raid that week. I logged back into retail to have a look around and its night and day in terms of things to do that aren't just grinding gold. or boosting ppls alts, or helping the 50th alt get attuned to something.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-24 at 12:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Why though? To feel some sense of entitlement for beating a tedious 15 year old game?
    Exactly! And maybe giving endgame a chance (I know it's limited right now, but yeah).

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    So this thread is really pointless. Most replies are going to be retailers pretending to have played Classic, and clearly the only reason people would even stop this soon is because they can't handle a real game that actually requires you to think and plan ahead.

Anyone posting in this thread is basically advertising they are a casual who needs welfare epics and constant handholding/quality of life, because you know, god forbid a video game might make your life harder and actually challenge you.

Classic is BOOMING and retail is, well, this says it all:

They are trying to get the Classic playerbase to buy their shitty BfA expansion. ROFL not gonna happen.
    Did you honestly create that account just to shit on retail while not having the balls to take the words on your own name?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    But there is no real endgame right now. The longest part for my group was the attunement for Onyxia, and it took us 2 days. The raid after that was once again a joke like MC. Beside that there is like no endgame. You can try to get BiS gear from MC, but there is no progress feeling and it's just another grind.

I am still playing classic right now, but I don't think this will still happen once the sub runs out next time. There will probably never be a real endgame in classic.
    /eyeroll

There is endgame. What Classic didn't do is to focus *solely* on raids.

This is the biggest problem causing the schism between Classic and Retail right now. Blizz has spent the past 4+ expansions conditioning Retail players into thinking that raids and, now, M+ are the only things worth doing. If you think the sole purpose of fast food is to eat a hamburger, you miss out on a whole bunch of other fast food you can actually eat.

A wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs and a job are keeping me from playing classic atm.