Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Make WoW 'easy" again

I'm pretty sure that everybody noticed this and now I feel this needs to be addressed.
    WoW is annoyingly harder than before because of the implementation of new "personal" mechanics where a single failure could wipe an entire raid and there's no way that 5 people can carry the full mechanic of an encounter.

I KNOW that WoW is not hard at all if you learn, read and pay attention to every single mechanic and I'm not complaining about that. But the game was never like that and the best example are the pug raids.

Now that everyone says that WoW is made for casuals or azerite farmers I have troubles to find a decent party to kill more than 5 bosses on HC, even since Uldir, even with the "multicurved" premades with overgeared people.

I want to make my own premade with two of my friends and ensure that we will carry the entire mechanic of an encounter because, obviously, is hard to trust on pugs and expect that no one will leave after a single wipe.

This happens even with Mythic farm, where almost all the guilds with 6/8 bosses still have struggles to kill Orgozoa or the nerfed Ashvane where in past expansions, farming after the first/second kill was easy and FUN to do.

I hope Blizz someday does something to change the new "personal everything" and let us enjoy the game like before.

Edit: Let me clarify, I do Mythic raiding with success. I'm not comparing anything with classic. I want to have better odds on clearing an entire HC raid with pugs, and I never went to any raid wearing full greens or wanting carry. I want to be able to carry a raid instead of wasting my time trying to find a party who doesn't wipe on the last 4/5 bosses which is extremely hard unless you queue a multicurved-overgeared premade and even by doing that there's no guarantee. Enjoy WoW
    Last edited by Levogames; 2019-09-24 at 11:13 AM.

If you want easy WoW then classic is there for you.

The guy is telling you he's having a hard time and you want to make him play a version of WoW where he'll die a hundred times more often during the leveling?

on mythic such mechanics are fine.

on heroic (at least this tier) i don't really know of any mechanic you can't carry. but yes, there have been hard to carry tiers in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    The guy is telling you he's having a hard time and you want to make him play a version of WoW where he'll die a hundred times more often during the leveling?
    Considering OP was talking about raids it's a valid point to go classic.

I think 1 person failing is essentially what "hard" boils down to in a 20 man raid. Or more realistically, it's the 1 person failing who also happened to get targeted by the "hard" mechanic".

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "Looks over at the multiple people dying"

K.

What they mean by casuals is that there's a lot of new people. And it's filled with it, but i agree that the mechanics on current wow are harder than before. But never i ever saw as well in the entire wow existing a 5 man carrying raidings, unless the boss is almost dying and you had in Legion a Blood DK that had a huge self healing, and 2 dps would do proper mechanics and damaging the rest down. There's a reason why they are called "Raids", you can't just defeat a boss with a party group but with a raid group. Since always people would die and wipe the raid. Leroy Jenkins thought he could solo raid, and you know what happened. Raids are suppose to be with a lot of people, so the more that dies, and the less people it gets, obviously it will wipe the entire raid out. The mechanics are simply harder, and people that doesn't know the mechanics will fail.

Like you have an explosive on you, it won't just give a little damage, it will give a overkill damage. That's what you should be talking about, the mechanics when failed should not give that amount of damage, that wipes out the entire raid with it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao no buddy, it's the oposite. Easy WoW is retail

you can always do LFR .. if normal is to hard

I suggest OP starts playing classic. There are zero mechanics.
    Play mage and you can AOE pull as many mobs you want and level 1-60 in under a week. In raids you have zero mechanics and you only press frostbolt.

I would even argue that raiding in classic is easier then LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Not really, you have one difficulty on Classic, when on Retail you have higher and higher difficulties and which ones, and the maximum one that is mythic is far superior in what comes to difficulty, if you think mythic is easy then you didn't raid mythic. Mythic is NOT easy, mechanics are hard asf and even method streamed world firsts and you saw how many wipes they got on those? Not starting even on Kil'jaeden, that they even stated that seemed mostly impossible to defeat. AND still nowadays many people fails the orbs, and they are overgeared. It's needed a quite synergy between all players. If that is "easy", sorry to say but your mindset is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play LFR or classic, not much difference in difficulty so just pick your poison.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Not really, you have one difficulty on Classic, when on Retail you have higher and higher difficulties and which ones, and the maximum one that is mythic is far superior in what comes to difficulty, if you think mythic is easy then you didn't raid mythic. Mythic is NOT easy, mechanics are hard asf and even method streamed world firsts and you saw how many wipes they got on those? Not starting even on Kil'jaeden, that they even stated that seemed mostly impossible to defeat. AND still nowadays many people fails the orbs, and they are overgeared. It's needed a quite synergy between all players. If that is "easy", sorry to say but your mindset is wrong.
    All of Classic is hardstuck on the 'medium' setting whereas BfA has most content set to 'very easy' and some content has the option to go up to 'very hard'.

well, either you can do that, so people can do it mechanically or can do some numbers magic, which is way worse, because you need 5 sub rogues or 8 shadow priests to push the phase. Hardest bosses are combination of both. Players who are seriously raiding are just too good for anything else while players at the bottom remain the same. Basically you can blame organised raiders, because something like EN was good for casual raiders, it took few months to clear for casuals, while good guilds went trough it in few weeks. Hardcores did it in a week. I would rather have it stay high in difficulty and increase my ability. When it is hard you can at least compare against someone, when it is too easy, top performers blend in with medium performers.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Mmhmm, sure it is. How long did it take people to clear MC again? Oh right, they 1 shot it with most of the group being under 60 in random quest gear. So hard, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All of Classic is hardstuck on the 'medium' setting whereas BfA has most content set to 'very easy' and some content has the option to go up to 'very hard'.
    Stating that retail is easy makes my blood boil when you know for a fact mythic isn't, stating BfA raids are easy is so wrong it hurts. That generalization and comparison with classic is just absurd. They have nothing to compare. If you're talking in a LFR and normal that's the only comparison you can do that "retail is easy", there's more content over the "easy" part in retail you know.

Mmhmm, sure it is. How long did it take people to clear MC again? Oh right, they 1 shot it with most of the group being under 60 in random quest gear. So hard, wow.
    But they died when leveling, which means raiding is hard or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    But they died when leveling, which means raiding is hard or something...
    LOL i wish i could upvote some posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Contrary to what these forums will tell you, dying during leveling is not the makings of a "hard" game.

Difficulty is something you can overcome with proper and engaging play. Classic leveling is not that. If you accidentally pull eg. 3 instead of 2 mobs, you are dead. No amount of awesome play can change that. Thats not difficulty, thats just frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    This happens even with Mythic farm, where almost all the guilds with 6/8 bosses still have struggles to kill Orgozoa or the nerfed Ashvane where in past expansions, farming after the first/second kill was easy and FUN to do.
    it's actually pretty good in that regard now. radiance, behemoth and ashvane are all bosses where dps can have fun by completing the fight in 2 phases rather than 3 which you had to do on progress. sure it's a long shot from things like iron reaver, but on a boss like ashvane 2 vs 3 phasing it removes like 80% of the difficulty/personal responsibility.