Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you want easy WoW then classic is there for you.
    Nope its not easy because there is just no way to solo elite quests alone and many times there is no people to do those quests

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has never been an impossible game. Difficulty is good but nothings been overly hard for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    ahahahahaha

V-A-L-U-A-B-L-E - grinding shit in hope of tf

V-A-R-I-E-T-Y - wq's, raid, wq's, raid, wq's
    classic variety - afk at ironforge.
    retail variety - raids, mythic dungeons, world content, arena, bg, pet battles etc etc

classic valuable - grind boring and easy content in hope of drop, but you dont even need that drop coz you can kill everything in greens.
    retail valuable - you need gear to get down harder content

yeah, retail > classic in every term

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    I think 15 years qualifies as "time".
    That is implicit without having to be pointed out?? Oh god, i didn't know! *Shocked face*

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Contrary to what these forums will tell you, dying during leveling is not the makings of a "hard" game.

Difficulty is something you can overcome with proper and engaging play. Classic leveling is not that. If you accidentally pull eg. 3 instead of 2 mobs, you are dead. No amount of awesome play can change that. Thats not difficulty, thats just frustration.
    You mean a little like how MC was done in a week by skilled people without gear or even level cap, whereas the only solution to anything in retail is "farm better gear and then try again"?

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Nope its not easy because there is just no way to solo elite quests alone
    There is if you're the right class and are skilled. Warlocks and Hunters can solo a fair amount of Elite quests, Rogues probably can do a few as well if they use their stuns. But most classes have no chance without a group.

But I do agree with you, in Retail you can just faceroll everything. Classic not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    That is implicit without having to be pointed out?? Oh god, i didn't know! *Shocked face*
    Yet you still said what you said.

Yes. Raids are so packed with abilities and phases these days it's crazy. For all the things Classic does wrong, it does raids good, mostly.

A boss in a raid should have 1-2 deadly abilities that you need to mind and that's it. And then it wouldn't hurt if there were some bosses without such abilities that you just tank & spank. We don't even have "bosses" anymore, we have "encounters" where you have to deal with 1000 things and 10 phases to get through it.

I would very much welcome a return to simplistic bosses, but it probably won't happen cause the hardcore community is pushing the other way.

PS. It's sad that Classic fanboys have to make every thread into a game vs. game war these days. Please go to the classic section instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    classic variety - afk at ironforge.
    retail variety - raids, mythic dungeons, world content, arena, bg, pet battles etc etc

classic valuable - grind boring and easy content in hope of drop, but you dont even need that drop coz you can kill everything in greens.
    retail valuable - you need gear to get down harder content

yeah, retail > classic in every term
    I always forget that people will lie to just support their idiotic agenda.

classic variety - proffessions, reputations, rare valuable recipes, bgs, raids, instances
    retail variety - raid log, daily wq (WORLD CONTENT LOL)

classic valuable - farm intresting beautiful and atmospheric dungeons in order to get rare recipes, mats, items, reputations
    retail valuable - roll slot's for titan forge

yeah retail is dog shit game
    Last edited by Trbn; 2019-09-24 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    I'm pretty sure that everybody noticed this and now I feel this needs to be addressed.
    WoW is annoyingly harder than before because of the implementation of new "personal" mechanics where a single failure could wipe an entire raid and there's no way that 5 people can carry the full mechanic of an encounter.

I KNOW that WoW is not hard at all if you learn, read and pay attention to every single mechanic and I'm not complaining about that. But the game was never like that and the best example are the pug raids.

Now that everyone says that WoW is made for casuals or azerite farmers I have troubles to find a decent party to kill more than 5 bosses on HC, even since Uldir, even with the "multicurved" premades with overgeared people.

I want to make my own premade with two of my friends and ensure that we will carry the entire mechanic of an encounter because, obviously, is hard to trust on pugs and expect that no one will leave after a single wipe.

This happens even with Mythic farm, where almost all the guilds with 6/8 bosses still have struggles to kill Orgozoa or the nerfed Ashvane where in past expansions, farming after the first/second kill was easy and FUN to do.

I hope Blizz someday does something to change the new "personal everything" and let us enjoy the game like before.
    Battle For Azeroth is easy. The hardest parts are warforged/titanforged, personal loot and various mythic bosses.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes. Raids are so packed with abilities and phases these days it's crazy. For all the things Classic does wrong, it does raids good, mostly.

A boss in a raid should have 1-2 deadly abilities that you need to mind and that's it. And then it wouldn't hurt if there were some bosses without such abilities that you just tank & spank. We don't even have "bosses" anymore, we have "encounters" where you have to deal with 1000 things and 10 phases to get through it.

I would very much welcome a return to simplistic bosses, but it probably won't happen cause the hardcore community is pushing the other way.
    Bosses have become so complicated that I actually gave up trying to learn them, which didn't work very far into the bfa heroic raid scene where one player being hit by a single avoidable attack literally wipes the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    don't talk s... man.
    had more ghost runs in classic in a month than in retail in 2 years.
    yeah but what kind of content did you do in retail? In retail we have lfr, normal, HC & Mythic difficulties for various content. What did you do?

If you are talking about questing out in the world, it might be different and "easier" in retail, but you can die there to. How? Just like in classic, pull to many mobs. In classic you pull 3(maybe 2) and you are dead. In retail you can pull more before you die.

Beyond that, theres not really much difference. Classic is just so much slower in every shape and form. Everything takes forever, including the fights.

But yeah, people today are used to decked out heirloom characters in retail and other advantages so ofc classic feels "harder". Remember when Blizzarde made the mob health increase? people cried and cried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    classic valuable - farm intresting beautiful and atmospheric dungeons in order to get rare recipes, mats, items, reputations
    retail valuable - roll slot's for titan forge

yeah retail is dog shit game
    Uhm, what. The last expansions had much more atmopheric dungeons than anythin classic has to offer.

Also rare recipes mats and items never gone away.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-09-24 at 10:45 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Uhm, what. The last expansions had much more atmopheric dungeons than anythin classic has to offer.
    the only atmospheric thing this game produced since pandaria was Suramar you are free to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yeah but what kind of content did you do in retail? In retail we have lfr, normal, HC & Mythic difficulties for various content. What did you do?

If you are talking about questing out in the world, it might be different and "easier" in retail, but you can die there to. How? Just like in classic, pull to many mobs. In classic you pull 3(maybe 2) and you are dead. In retail you can pull more before you die.

Beyond that, theres not really much difference. Classic is just so much slower in every shape and form. Everything takes forever, including the fights.

But yeah, people today are used to decked out heirloom characters in retail and other advantages so ofc classic feels "harder". Remember when Blizzarde made the mob health increase? people cried and cried.
    the only thing that is harder in retail are the mythic raids, else everything is easy, questing, getting reputation, traveling, getting gear, making gold, leveling professions, making a raid group, etc are way easy.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2019-09-24 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    I'm pretty sure that everybody noticed this and now I feel this needs to be addressed.
    WoW is annoyingly harder than before because of the implementation of new "personal" mechanics where a single failure could wipe an entire raid and there's no way that 5 people can carry the full mechanic of an encounter.

I KNOW that WoW is not hard at all if you learn, read and pay attention to every single mechanic and I'm not complaining about that. But the game was never like that and the best example are the pug raids.

Now that everyone says that WoW is made for casuals or azerite farmers I have troubles to find a decent party to kill more than 5 bosses on HC, even since Uldir, even with the "multicurved" premades with overgeared people.

I want to make my own premade with two of my friends and ensure that we will carry the entire mechanic of an encounter because, obviously, is hard to trust on pugs and expect that no one will leave after a single wipe.

This happens even with Mythic farm, where almost all the guilds with 6/8 bosses still have struggles to kill Orgozoa or the nerfed Ashvane where in past expansions, farming after the first/second kill was easy and FUN to do.

I hope Blizz someday does something to change the new "personal everything" and let us enjoy the game like before.
    Form a guild or raid on normal difficulty - problem solved. Or play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    the only thing that is harder in retail are the mythic raids, else everything is easy, questing, getting reputation, traveling, getting gear, making gold, leveling professions, making a raid group, etc are way easy.
    LFR is harder than classic raids.

Also, I think the word you're looking for is tedious. All those things are less tedious in retail, not easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you want easy WoW then classic is there for you.
    Yes absolutely, Classic, where you're about to die when you add more than two mobs at a time.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yes absolutely, Classic, where you're about to die when you add more than two mobs at a time.
    Yes, classic, where the bosses have 2 mechanics, your rotation is 1 button, and you can clear the raid with most the raid under max level and in green leveling gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Contrary to what these forums will tell you, dying during leveling is not the makings of a "hard" game.

Difficulty is something you can overcome with proper and engaging play. Classic leveling is not that. If you accidentally pull eg. 3 instead of 2 mobs, you are dead. No amount of awesome play can change that. Thats not difficulty, thats just frustration.
    Certain classes on Classic don't even die if they do that either, i mean some get cucked compared to others but the hybdrid classes can go for a while if they overpull a couple of mobs leveling. Sometimes it is gated by if you have x skill or not, aka Rogues if they have Vanish up are fine but if they have no powder/not learnt vanish yet then they going to die lul.

But i agree, Classic WoW is not hard at all in sense of PvE content but is "harder" to grind to get bis gear and what not which is what a game should be anyway, a grind to get the best gear. You can get good gear but to get the best it is a big grind which is what Retail should be. However Retail raids and raid mechanics are so good compared to what they were. I mean you just lol at watching Ragnaros and Onyxia now xD People knew the hardest part about Classic originally 15 years ago, was getting 35 plus players on stable PCs and internet connections to kill a boss, not the boss itself!!