Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, OP, I think currently we, as individuals playing WoW, have the options to progress through an easy WoW lifestyle, or harder and harder paths. It's fine.

Would be even fine if I could replace my Heroic Dungeon and LFR groups with a bunch of bots but I can only dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you want easy WoW then classic is there for you.
    Aye, good job, you triggered the mob

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i think boss 1-6 in mythic had an ok tuning this time around.
    Ashvane might have been a little rough on dmg requirements.
    and boss 2-3 was slightly undertuned.

But ill agree that the last 2 bosses feels.. too hard.. Its annoying to play them because there are so many things disrupting your rotations.
    Azshara feels like playing a damn arcade game with those damn decress...

It was the same in the last 2 raids. Both jaina and ghuun felt overtuned. Made annoyingly difficult. Did any1 actaully enjoy running with those damn orbs?
    And the weather effects on jaina was really annoying. I dont want the sharpness of eyesiht or videosettings to be the deciding factor if the raid wipes or not.

Overall id say they are going over the top with endboss difficulty atm.
    Exactly, the whole point is that the last bosses aren't enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Overall id say they are going over the top with endboss difficulty atm.

At the moment? OK Let me give you a few examples:

KJ Mythic
    Rag 25H
    Lei Shen
    Archimonde
    Cthun (different opinions on him)

Pretty sure they were more difficult than Barbie and Big Worm
    Last edited by exsanguinate; 2019-09-24 at 12:23 PM.

Honestly, there are things I like both with Classic and Retail. I love the polish of Retail, The fleshed out classes, the beautiful graphics and cinematics, ect. but hate the "go, go, go, go!" mentality it has. Chain running M+, Daily Chores, ect.

Classic feels so much more... "Go with the flow~" and open ended. The combat isn't as fast paced, far less spammy, and leaves you with more time to see whats going on around you and think about what you are doing. It does however feel a bit too simplistic though.

Idk, if it wasn't 5am I could probably make a list of the things I like and hate about both. I wish a happy medium could be met with these two games as there are aspects I love about both of them.

For now, outside of Brewfest for the Hearthstone and 8.2.5 later today, I have not touched Retail since Classic hit. I have just had no drive to do anything in retail, it just feels like a chore. Thinking about spamming M+, thinking about doing the same WQ's ive been doing, nothing about it really sound fun. I am burnt way out of Retail. I loved Mechagon, loved the Mega Dungeon, but I can't do it anymore right now. The game is built in a way that just shoves your face into the content over and over until you hate something you might have loved at first. That is kinda where I am sitting now.

Classic doesn't give that feeling, I always feel like I have something to do but the way its paced just feels so much better. Its not artificially slown down or easy, it just flows well. Funnily enough, that's one thing a few of my friends dislike. They have the "Go Go Go" mentality and thing that everything sub cap is meaningless and should be rushed through. Personally, I am just enjoying the journey again.

Idk, both have strengths and weaknesses and I really wish Retail would find a happy medium between the two.

I feel like this comment, both ways, is such an effortless and combative comment that does not promote any form of healthy discussion :S Like, what does this add to whats being discussed?
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Pretty sure they were more difficult than Barbie and Big Worm
    U'unat is up there though, I tell you.
    And I don't agree with C'thun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    don't talk s... man.
    had more ghost runs in classic in a month than in retail in 2 years.
    Then your not very good at the game, i'm sorry to tell you dude. You dont even need a tank in classic dungeons, srsly people run them with 4 mages and a priest.

I think you guys missing the point of this topic.

HC-raids in BfA are much harder for PUGs then before.

Things like Mekkatorque, whole Crucible of Storms and Azshara are PUG breakers in HEROIC, they need voice comms and personal fails are 100% raidwipes.

Nobody is talking about 1-player-raidwipe mechanics and the need of comms in MYTHIC but the difficulty in HEROIC is a bit to high, since PUGs most often don't clear the content.

Even if you don't raid and dont PUG, at least you could watch some mythic-clear streamers struggling just as hard in heroic pugs as everyone else at those PUG breaker bosses.

Absolut valid topic, there is no need to make this to a classic/retail newb discussion, because the main MMO audience right now does not raid anything above LFR.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Also. You say mythic raiding is "aimed" to 0.1% of the players. What you are really saying is that only 0.1% of the players are capable of doing it. So you basically just proved yourself wrong.
    That was the least logical thing I've read in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    At least we have to press some buttons on retail while leveling. And endgame is valuable and has variety
    Lvling a rogue and warlock in vanilla, I'm using 5x more buttons than I did in BFA (only really needed 2, maybe 3, buttons to AOE kill everything in sight and get out of it alive with 99% health).

Classic raids are easier than LFR. The bosses have like 2 mechanics and DPS "rotations' are as "difficult" as "Spam Frostbolt until the boss is dead."
    Yes, Ony and MC are easy. BWL will be quite easy as well. Some guilds will wipe in ZG because it's more punishable to die in a boss fight with a 10man raid, and AQ40 + Naxx is where the challenge is.

You do know that guilds farming Mythic raids in BFA don't die and 1-shot everything already as well right? Because they know exactly what to do. Classic is 15 years old with private servers with decent scripting up for atleast 11-12 of those years, raids have been farmed over and over and everyone know exactly what to do.

And people still die. While lvling, farming, doing dungeons and in raids. Same people that 1-shot everything in BFA, lvled to 120 without even dropping below 90% hp.

I really tried to like BFA because I think the fantasy / lore from the start seemed cool. But even that dissapointed me. The game is only a complete grind for super small micro-upgrades over and over. As I said, it's a mobile game now. And people want both RPG elements and MMO elements in their MMORPG, who knew? There's a reason why Classic is a huge success.

LMAO this made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All of Classic is hardstuck on the 'medium' setting whereas BfA has most content set to 'very easy' and some content has the option to go up to 'very hard'.
    Classic is hardstuck on tedious, not medium. Dungeon trash packs in BfA have more mechanics than most Classic raid bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    U'unat is up there though, I tell you.
    And I don't agree with C'thun though.
    Never did him on mythic, but I heard he was hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Sorry, but Retail is extremely easy. Raiding is just full of over-the-top mechanics that requires memorization, but none of the mechanics are particularly difficult. And once you get the hang of the mechanics, it becomes repetitive and boring.

If this old player (hint: All my kids were born before Vanilla launched) can easily hit 90%+ performance in Retail, it can't be that hard pulling off the rotation and reacting correctly to the mechanics.

TBH, the problem with Retail is whole 4 tiers of raiding the exact same raid over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...occasionally pushing the difficulty slider up. By the time most guilds clear Normal, Heroic is dirt simple (ooooh, they added a whole extra mechanic to some of the bosses) and the raid becomes so incredibly boring that most people quit because there is nothing else to do. Either do the raid for the 25th time doing exactly the same thing you were doing at the beginning, or do M+ for the 200th time to beat the arbitrary timer. All to get the same gear I already had, but the magic number on it is higher. Wheeeeeeee! /eyeroll

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    you can always do LFR .. if normal is to hard
    Yeah lol I was about to point this out )

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    I rarely die during leveling, and I do not play pet classes or FotM mage, pretty sure it's just you having a hard time with classic buddy. It's a simple, simple, mind numbingly easy game for people who know how to play WoW. Classic is casual af, and even a donkey could literally rub its face on a keyboard and clear molten core.
    Oh, I'm personally fine. I'm mainly talking about those professional retail players that couldn't manage to get to level 30 without dying at least 50 times during beta.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Not really, you have one difficulty on Classic, when on Retail you have higher and higher difficulties and which ones, and the maximum one that is mythic is far superior in what comes to difficulty, if you think mythic is easy then you didn't raid mythic. Mythic is NOT easy, mechanics are hard asf and even method streamed world firsts and you saw how many wipes they got on those? Not starting even on Kil'jaeden, that they even stated that seemed mostly impossible to defeat. AND still nowadays many people fails the orbs, and they are overgeared. It's needed a quite synergy between all players. If that is "easy", sorry to say but your mindset is wrong.
    And who said I was talking about the dificulty on instanced PvE content?

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    And who said I was talking about the dificulty on instanced PvE content?
    Because the subject of the thread was created around PVE content?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmhmm, sure it is. How long did it take people to clear MC again? Oh right, they 1 shot it with most of the group being under 60 in random quest gear. So hard, wow.
    yikes bro, imagine being this your only argument. You really trying to compare a 15 year old INSTANCED CONTENT to justify your argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    You're all completely out of touch with reality. Classic is just hard in terms of time intensity. Retail is definitely harder than Classic, mechanically alone.
    And don't come with "four degrees of difficulty" and "you don't have to play the hardest difficulty to see the content like in classic".

could puke every time someone says classic is harder.
    Good, keep puking, Classic is harder than retail. And please, NO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT INSTANCED CONTENT. BfA leveling is brain dead easy, Classic isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And in retail you can lvl 1-120 in under a day with LFG spam where YOU CAN'T DIE EVEN IF YOU TRY. You can play Retail WoW with Harcore mode, delete character on death, and still clear everything without ease. Only mythic raiding is somewhat difficult which is aimed to 0.1% of the playerbase.

The rest is so easy and dumbed down it's nothing but a grind for micro-upgrades. Retail WoW is a mobile game played on a computer.
    So when you got benched on Halfus or other t11 bosses?

Tipical cata benched reply

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Because the subject of the thread was created around PVE content?
    And? PvE =/= instanced content.

Leveling is PvE

Grinding is PvE

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Sorry, but Retail is extremely easy. Raiding is just full of over-the-top mechanics that requires memorization, but none of the mechanics are particularly difficult. And once you get the hang of the mechanics, it becomes repetitive and boring.

If this old player (hint: All my kids were born before Vanilla launched) can easily hit 90%+ performance in Retail, it can't be that hard pulling off the rotation and reacting correctly to the mechanics.

TBH, the problem with Retail is whole 4 tiers of raiding the exact same raid over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...occasionally pushing the difficulty slider up. By the time most guilds clear Normal, Heroic is dirt simple (ooooh, they added a whole extra mechanic to some of the bosses) and the raid becomes so incredibly boring that most people quit because there is nothing else to do. Either do the raid for the 25th time doing exactly the same thing you were doing at the beginning, or do M+ for the 200th time to beat the arbitrary timer. All to get the same gear I already had, but the magic number on it is higher. Wheeeeeeee! /eyeroll
    You’d be surprised to see that the majority of the playerbase has problems with memorising mechanics, or doing mechanics while maintaining their rotation.

I never understood the issue that some people have with 4 difficulties. I haven’t stepped foot in lfr for the past few expansions. My guild always jumps straight into heroic, and then goes into mythic. Theres stil just 2 raid difficulties if you ask me, as I barely ever touch the others.

I understand though that for the people who start in lfr and progress towards higher difficulties can be boring and repetitive af, doing anything after a certain amount of time becomes boring.

I do agree aswell with the brainless m+ grind part in hopes of getting a socket of that +5 ilvl on it, it’s not really amusing.

P.s. - bring back ulduar hard mode type of raiding, that shit was dope!