Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    And? PvE =/= instanced content.

Leveling is PvE

Grinding is PvE
    And? what are you talking about exactly? Can you sustain and articulate words in a way that people understands your point instead of trying to have brain cells of a omniscient being that knows what you're trying to say by magic?

I can't believe Classic fanboys think that Classic is harder because leveling takes longer. Dude, MC got cleared in a few days by people that were not even 60 yet. Classic endgame is easier than LFR at the moment. Classic is already dying. Queues are gone, zones are getting empty. Most people that were nostalgic about vanilla were not even vanilla players and for some reason believed that the game was extremely hard for some reason. It was not hard, it's just a boring huge grind. PvE in classic is brainless, easier than LFR.

It's funny when you see people thinking they need to CC or something in classic while 2 mages AoE everything down without taking a hit.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenzstein View Post

It's funny when you see people thinking they need to CC or something in classic while 2 mages AoE everything down without taking a hit.
    Without even needing to use a tank (on dungeons at least)

Retail becoming a convoluted mess, is the primary reason I've went to Classic and have no intentions on going back any time soon.

Vanilla is easier. There's no BS scaling, 10 types of the same gear dropping, stupid shit popping up on my map and screen with no explanation as to why, cross realm stuff to understand...I could go on. Vanilla was just a simpler time -- where a level 10 mob, was a level 10 mob, for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Retail becoming a convoluted mess
    Retail is a mess, and this is all we can agree on. But as well, there's no sentence of retail without "classic" nowadays.
    Solving retail issues shouldn't be comparable to classic, since it's the simplest, original, non-growing lore, expansions version of the same game.
    If you prefer that simplistic way, just yes, by all means, play the goddamn classic.

lmao no buddy, it's the oposite. Easy WoW is retail
    I wish I knew when time consumption started to equal difficulty. Classic creates the illusion of difficulty because it takes up your time. When in fact leveling is slow, but its not hard. The same thing with Raiding. Having the farm a bunch for reps and consumables to fight Rag does not equal the same collective difficulty or even some of the simplest Mythic fights of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Then your not very good at the game, i'm sorry to tell you dude. You dont even need a tank in classic dungeons, srsly people run them with 4 mages and a priest.
    ok thank you for the input

Quote Originally Posted by StovnZJ View Post
    I wish I knew when time consumption started to equal difficulty. Classic creates the illusion of difficulty because it takes up your time. When in fact leveling is slow, but its not hard. The same thing with Raiding. Having the farm a bunch for reps and consumables to fight Rag does not equal the same collective difficulty or even some of the simplest Mythic fights of BFA.
    And not forgetting that we have a lot grind from AP on BFA, we have a lot of things to grind, it's a different grind on classic. Classic grind is about leveling grind, that makes you feel an adventurer but on BfA grind, you don't feel an adventurer, you feel you have to do it just for the sake of it, to be the best, and do the best damage, have the best gear. On classic after you reach to raids and maximum level, the adventurer senses will start dissipating.

My opinion is that retail should have a adventurer sense again, and not just being a savior/champion of azeroth where you try be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    And not forgetting that we have a lot grind from AP on BFA, we have a lot of things to grind, it's a different grind on classic. Classic grind is about leveling grind, that makes you feel an adventurer but on BfA grind, you don't feel an adventurer, you feel you have to do it just for the sake of it, to be the best, and do the best damage, have the best gear. On classic after you reach to raids and maximum level, the adventurer senses will start dissipating.

My opinion is that retail should have a adventurer sense again, and not just being a savior/champion of azeroth where you try be the best.
    I agree with you, Both games are great in my opinion I just want to see some of classic spill over into retail.. just not the arbitrary things like weapon skill and spell ranks.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmao no buddy, it's the oposite. Easy WoW is retail
    I'm guessing you don't do H/M raids or mythic+ dungeons. Because there isn't shit in Classic that compares to the difficulty of those.

Hell, even normal raids are vastly more complex than anything in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you, Both games are great in my opinion I just want to see some of classic spill over into retail.. just not the arbitrary things like weapon skill and spell ranks.
    I want class trainers back. I hate leveling and poof, a new thing unlocks! It was much more immersive, IMO, to reach a point and go train.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    You mean a little like how MC was done in a week by skilled people without gear or even level cap, whereas the only solution to anything in retail is "farm better gear and then try again"?
    If you can do content in WoW under-level and under-geared, ie. with artificially increased difficulty, and still not have large problems, then its just easy content. You might need the skill to pull it off in that situation, sure, but it also means that once you have the level and the gear, the difficulty goes down substantially and its practically doable by everyone.

In retail, no amount of gear will make you finish a Mythic raid while its current, unless you are really a good player/good group.
    And those groups still spent a lot of hours trying and learning.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-09-24 at 01:15 PM.

Spell ranks were never my favorite, but that gives classic a +1 point because makes you feel you have something new to pick up every level, and you're evolving for something. Still not big fan of spell/skill ranks too.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's irony & comedy when people compare Classic's "difficulty" to Retail. Yeah, if you're just doing dailies and question on alts, running LFR and the dungeon queue. Sure, BFA is easy. But if you're pushing keys and heroic/mythic raiding, it's far more difficult than Classic. The only thing that makes Classic feel "hardcore" is your personal need/want to grind to the same shit many of you did 15yrs ago (or never and pretend you did), replaying the same old tired, simple raids where, with shit graphics, and 1000x times less content.... because you think you're so edgy.

I get so tired of these arguments over what's best and I get so tired of being neutral about it. Like who gives a fuck who's playing what? Just because it's not what you like doesn't mean what they like sucks or they're "casuals" or "LOLRETAIL" - Gtfo. The streamers are only playing Classic to cash in on it because a bunch of 20something were still pissin' themselves when it was released and never got to play anything until Wrath and they're what flood Twitch. The streamers are the 30somethings that have done it all, know it all, toxic, some have played MLG or are MLG type and then others are just obnoxious trolls which are all things that trigger the 20somethings into making games toxic and acting like a bunch of white supremacists.

Just play whatever the hell you like and be happy that everyone has a version they like now. Can't that just be a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

I want class trainers back. I hate leveling and poof, a new thing unlocks! It was much more immersive, IMO, to reach a point and go train.
    Me too! I want class quests, i want to get a point, it's like a kid when they receive a star for knowing maths in primary school. I mean, cmon it's cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    It's irony & comedy when people compare Classic's "difficulty" to Retail. Yeah, if you're just doing dailies and question on alts, running LFR and the dungeon queue. Sure, BFA is easy. But if you're pushing keys and heroic/mythic raiding, it's far more difficult than Classic. The only thing that makes Classic feel "hardcore" is your personal need/want to grind to the same shit many of you did 15yrs ago (or never and pretend you did), replaying the same old tired, simple raids where, with shit graphics, and 1000x times less content.... because you think you're so edgy.

I get so tired of these arguments over what's best and I get so tired of being neutral about it. Like who gives a fuck who's playing what? Just because it's not what you like doesn't mean what they like sucks or they're "casuals" or "LOLRETAIL" - Gtfo. The streamers are only playing Classic to cash in on it because a bunch of 20something were still pissin' themselves when it was released and never got to play anything until Wrath and they're what flood Twitch. The streamers are the 30somethings that have done it all, know it all, toxic, some have played MLG or are MLG type and then others are just obnoxious trolls which are all things that trigger the 20somethings into making games toxic and acting like a bunch of white supremacists.

Just play whatever the hell you like and be happy that everyone has a version they like now. Can't that just be a thing?
    I'm with you. It's tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Spell ranks were never my favorite, but that gives classic a +1 point because makes you feel you have something new to pick up every level, and you're evolving for something. Still not big fan of spell/skill ranks too.
    Oh I should have explained better, Spell ranks are fine when you're constantly forced to use the highest rank. Just don't litter my spellbook with every rank.

Oh I should have explained better, Spell ranks are fine when you're constantly forced to use the highest rank. Just don't litter my spellbook with every rank.
    Ah, ye i see it. Like mages for example, having to pick up always the highest food+mana conjure skill, having to always go to spellbook and drag it to bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And in retail you can lvl 1-120 in under a day with LFG spam where YOU CAN'T DIE EVEN IF YOU TRY.
    When was the last time you played retail? This was more true pre-legion than today, you can get fucked up leveling with scaling lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

i like how release of classic turned nostalgia crowd from "retail too easy" to "retail to hard" in a matter of week

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Oh, I'm personally fine. I'm mainly talking about those professional retail players that couldn't manage to get to level 30 without dying at least 50 times during beta.
    Point me to these professional retail players then. I'd really love to see gameplay of people who are actually good on retail, and are dying 50 times on classic :S. Or is this 'Molten core is super hard!' 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Point me to these professional retail players then. I'd really love to see gameplay of people who are actually good on retail, and are dying 50 times on classic :S. Or is this 'Molten core is super hard!' 2.0?
    He will probably asnwer with some try hard streamer that gets everything handed to him by his cult followers.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.