Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I'm in the minority in this, but I think Wrath brought most of the decisions which destroyed the community in Wow - LFG tools, easy raids, cross-realm play. If they removed all that, it would be a great expansion indeed. But I think it's a lot more effort than they are willing to put in.
    You're not the only one! WotLK was good sorywise, but was the beginning of what Wow has become. An easy, unchallenging and casual mmo for the most part!
    Last edited by riptal; 2019-09-24 at 02:16 PM.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

People are forgetting I guess. Wrath was the beginning of what WoW has become today. Some of the mechanics that almost all Classic fans hate were introduced during Wrath such as the dungeon finder and heirlooms. It wasn't a bad expansion in itself but it took the initial steps towards the faceroll trend.

Personally, I would prefer a brand new expansion after Classic preserving vanilla style and philosophy. But, I am guessing it will be BC because I am sure it will be successful and it is easy cash for Blizzard. I hope they will not do Wrath later because of the reasons I mentioned above.

I thought any changes and it would be classic? So wouldn't having expansions go against the "no changes!" manta?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    In my opinion, BC is a 'side story' and going to another planet so early in the life of an MMO was probably a mistake (don't get me wrong I love BC)...

What if Blizzard changed it up a bit. What if after Classic; they move straight to Wrath? BUT... Instead of grinding it out to 70 or 80 they introduce some other type of time constraint and leave us at 60... And never introduce flying mounts; or dungeon finder... Obviously a few aspects would have to be changed, places that require flying, etc.

So Wrath would just end up being a really long extension of Classic, basically.

I know demons are central to the Warcraft story, but to me it just feels like Blizzard went about it all wrong.
    what if they do nothing? i can play this game too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in the minority in this, but I think Wrath brought most of the decisions which destroyed the community in Wow - LFG tools, easy raids, cross-realm play. If they removed all that, it would be a great expansion indeed. But I think it's a lot more effort than they are willing to put in.
    they arent going to reimagine xpacs. if it comes out, it is what it was.

I would rather have classic plus where they keep the feel of the builds and just balance stuff a bit better and then add a new progression system that allows you to gain like 10 prestige levels in which would allow you to put 5 skill points into any skill you have to overcome hurdles and give true freedom to the builds. Want to be a defense capped rogue? go for it! Want to never miss with attacks? go for it! A system like that would alleviate most build issues that exist and allow for some interesting ways to progress your character beyond just gear.

Also putting skills into a spec would unlock more talent points and new talent tiers .

So many unique things they could do with a simple system like that, even have profession patterns you can only get with so many points into a profession skill past the cap etc.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    What they do next will depend on player populations and daily logins a year from now.
    and on top of that, nothing is going to happen next year. its a retail xpac year. they would save BC for the year after.

so please, enjoy classic until 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Underwolf View Post
    People are forgetting I guess. Wrath was the beginning of what WoW has become today. Some of the mechanics that almost all Classic fans hate were introduced during Wrath such as the dungeon finder and heirlooms. It wasn't a bad expansion in itself but it took the initial steps towards the faceroll trend.

Personally, I would prefer a brand new expansion after Classic preserving vanilla style and philosophy. But, I am guessing it will be BC because I am sure it will be successful and it is easy cash for Blizzard. I hope they will not do Wrath later because of the reasons I mentioned above.
    retail wow is new content. classic onward would be old expac servers. there will be no classic plus. no new xpacs that are continuations of classic. i cant imagine people actually think that could happen.

Why don’t they just skip everything until WoD instead? I don’t give a shit if it’s an unrealistic, terrible idea that has a 0% chance of happening, it’s my favorite expansion and I want my fucking pony!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Depending on when you post this on MMO - C. In 2008, you would have been in the majority...because even then we had the trend of "current x-pac is the worst shit ever - hopefully next x-pac will fix it"

Whatever the "gogogo nonsense" is and why did it gut the RPG part. What does RPG mean to you? I mean..WoW is still a "game" so there is one letter gone to make a point...and you can still play a role. Kinda puzzling to understand these connections....if you would connect the RPG part to RP servers, fine...so I am curious what removed that aspect for you in a game famous for Barren Chat?
    RPG doesnt just mean "RP" as in you act out your characters actions. when we say we want RPG, we want to have a gameplay effect to what we do with risk vs reward, decisions and personal player growth. Micromanaging is part of RPGs

Most people like a games concept, but hate the "rpg" of RPG games. They cry and complain, then you get games like skyrim. BFA, and many more games that came from a more traditional RPG into a watered down, shallow version of what it once was.

Ps. I love skyrim. but its deff way more watered down then its previous entries like morrowind and oblivion.

I'm alot more interested in playing TBC then I am in playing Classic so no thanks, do not skip anything and let everything run its course is my opinion.
    Wrath was a good expansion, better story telling but thats basically it.. This expansion is also the expansion where shit got real easy all of a sudden.

TBC was challenging in all aspects of the game, Heroics even was difficult for a long time.
    Heroics in Wrath was a joke from day 1. On day 2 every raid that was open was cleared by alot of guilds just using Tier 6 gear. So it was kinda easy all the way through.
    And yeah this is coming from someone who cleared all content on all availible difficulties and had full tier 10 heroic with shadowmourne before most others had it back in those days. Wrath was fun but please dont exclude TBC!

In my opinion, BC is a 'side story' and going to another planet so early in the life of an MMO was probably a mistake (don't get me wrong I love BC)...

What if Blizzard changed it up a bit. What if after Classic; they move straight to Wrath? BUT... Instead of grinding it out to 70 or 80 they introduce some other type of time constraint and leave us at 60... And never introduce flying mounts; or dungeon finder... Obviously a few aspects would have to be changed, places that require flying, etc.

I know demons are central to the Warcraft story, but to me it just feels like Blizzard went about it all wrong.
    Man you dont get it... People asked for Vanilla because the game ideology of modern wow is bad. It started going bad with Wrath of the Lich Kunt. The designers who worked on vanilla and TBC were gone. It is Wrath that killed the game.
    - Vanilla subscription growth = 2-3 millions per year
    - TBC subscription growth = 2-3 millions per year
    - WoTLK growth = zero
    The continent of Outland has a lot in common with vanilla (with introduction of quest hubs). The continent of Northend was designed like pandaria/cataclysm/broken isles and..
    You can't talk for what vanilla fans want if you think Wotlk was good.

- - - Updated - - -

You are 100% right in saying that WoTLK was what pretty much destroyed the game. Problem is that one silent majority didnt like it. While one vocal minority kept screaming for things to be more easy. Blizzard listened to them and they made cataclysm/panda/abominations.. Blizzard noticed the subs kept going down and started to listen to the more silent majority. Ultimately they made an hybrid shit that no one likes.
    Today we are facing EXACTLY the same thing. We have classic, many people fuckin love it. And we are having some people who start asking to have it more like retail.

My problem with TBC is the trash story behind it. They (Metzen actually) pretty much destroyed the lore with TBC. Made a true mess of Sargeras/Eredar/draenei, plus the spaceships and all that crap. I did like everything else (even raids such as Hyjal that made no sense as there were no infinite dragonflight corrupting it).
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2019-09-24 at 03:03 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Literally going through Classic right now hoping to get ready for BC so that would be quite a blow

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC was possibly the most fun I have had playing this game so would rather not.

Tbc was originally scrapped vanilla content.

Why skip something good ? They should have skipped classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you skip the best expansion of them all?

Hell, even though i appreciate them rereleasing classic, I'm looking forward to TBC more, if they keep on releasing previous game versions

Yeah definitely they should make specific servers for each of their expansion
    Can't wait to play Classic WOD

TBC and wrath was wow at it's peak so no, TBC is where I loved wow the most and had the most fun so they better release TBC servers.

I say they stop after wrath and before they destroyed the world with the cataclysm.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Hey everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just think a couple hundred thousand people might disagree with you though. No if they do anything that's not already "been done" then they need to scrap it all together and go Classic+ Give us their original Kara raid... the one they planned for level 60. The one with the Crazy Intricate Catacombs under Kara. Everything they planned to do before Shareholders said... "We need more money out of this thing." and an "expac" was born.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would be disappointed... But I have a theory.. What if Blizz doesn't change the level cap in classic but releases wrath and TBC (Maybe make a new system to make up for the levels. Perhaps prestige?) It would give classic more content. Though I still want 70 and 80 realms