Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Given that they are legally accountable for what they say during these reports, yeah they better be telling the truth.
    not before you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    not before you
    I have legit no clue what you are trying to say with these three words in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I have legit no clue what you are trying to say with these three words in that order.
    then why bother answering at all then?

dude, it's a public company so they have no choice regarding the matter... stop with this please

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    It seems the angry retail downers have suddenly become data scientists?
    I'm sorry, who was it that continously kept posting random numbers about Retail subscriptions, based on zero actual data? I guess those must have been Retail Hating/Classic Loving "data scientists", right? Especially the ones who believe that Blizzard is lying about their numbers, but some random company (or Weak Aura creators) have actual data.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Question is...how did they get this information? And how much can we trust this site?
    Don't know exactly how they got the information, but it does seem to match Google Trends data on interest in WoW, and seems overall realistic for the big hype that surrounded the launch.

how does it work with gametime bought with token? bcs thats not really subscription revenue, and ppl who returned after 5+ years probably didnt have gold to buy it unlike retail players, so had to buy it for cash, is this factored in? it could create a huge difference...

then why bother answering at all then?
    I would argue it's a request for you to clarify what you want to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    But it's still guessing.
    Contact SuperData with your objections, see if someone replies and consider what they have to say. Totally reasonable to be skeptical but without any exchange with a company with that kind of profile it's like wearing a sandwich board outside a toothpaste factory accusing the devil of being the only one who can get that stuff inside the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    As the hype already is dying there is zero chance, no queues and also generally way less people in every area. I recently leveled my good ol Mage to 43 and there was like 5-10 people ive encountered. To me it seems like 70% of the population is just gone already, but it is likely more towards the 50% by now. Not really that suprising as im just struggling to find any motivation to login there, likely many people feel the same.
    Thats weird, on my server there is still a huge amount of competition for quest mobs - so much so that there is constant HvA fighting and even people dueling for them... it also still has queues...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Contact SuperData with your objections, see if someone replies and consider what they have to say. Totally reasonable to be skeptical but without any exchange with a company with that kind of profile it's like wearing a sandwich board outside a toothpaste factory accusing the devil of being the only one who can get that stuff inside the tube.
    Being skeptical is fine ... unless the only reason you're skeptical is that you don't like the information given. Having a bias isn't *just* being skeptical though. That particular posters is clearly biased, both against this data reporting company (which is reputable) and Classic in general for whatever reason.

I think it's more an indicator of how far WoW has fallen than the overall success of Classic. It even says there's not as many as when BFA launched.

Think of Classic like a new expansion. That's the people that have come back for it. It's not brought back many people who haven't played for a decade. It's mostly just the same people who play a month or two at the start of each expansion, level up, do some dungeons and BGs, and then remember why they don't play any more.

but apparently you can trust B. and their quarter reports
    XD xd Xd xD
    Why? Did you reply to the wrong post here or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Being skeptical is fine ... unless the only reason you're skeptical is that you don't like the information given. Having a bias isn't *just* being skeptical though. That particular posters is clearly biased, both against this data reporting company (which is reputable) and Classic in general for whatever reason.
    Oh, I know. I just try to be excessively patient and reasonable with folks sometimes.

Well, increasing 1.5 mil subs, or whatever it was at, by 223% on classic launch is believable, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Well, increasing 1.5 mil subs, or whatever it was at, by 223% on classic launch is believable, thats for sure.
    Triple the amount of original subs sounds believable? It sounds insane to me

La la la, here we are in BfA...BOOM....triple the amount of subs

Like...WTF? No one expected this. At least i didnt.

La la la, here we are in BfA...BOOM....triple the amount of subs

Like...WTF? No one expected this. At least i didnt.
    You didn't expect historically low amounts of subs to drastically increase in the short term for the release of classic?

Well....you should of

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    You realize that’s like telling me to call Donald Trump personally because I disagree with his policies, right? What a completely pointless suggestion. Further, your analogy is terrible because you’re comparing something tangible with something intangible. There is merit to speculative reporting like what this company provides but the main source of my skepticism is that this article is extremely editorialized. Players will only read the title, draw incomplete conclusions and go on to use this article to support imaginary arguments (mainly Classic is somehow “defeating” retail).

If you need proof of this, count the number of smug Classic fans in this very thread bragging about how great it is to be a Classic fan.

It's triple growth in August, "compared to July." Imagine 5% net growth in July. A 300% month-over-month gross jump is 20%, and if you figure a 5% overall sub drop you're left with 15% net, or the neighborhood of a 223% increase. If WoW started with 5 million subscriptions, it's 750K new or returned, which is realistic. If I mathed badly, correct figures are easy enough to plop in.

- - - Updated - - -

What a completely pointless suggestion.
    Aw, c'mon. Humor me!

You realize that’s like telling me to call Donald Trump personally because I disagree with his policies, right? What a completely pointless suggestion. Further, your analogy is terrible because you’re comparing something tangible with something intangible. There is merit to speculative reporting like what this company provides but the main source of my skepticism is that this article is extremely editorialized. Players will only read the title, draw incomplete conclusions and go on to use this article to support imaginary arguments (mainly Classic is somehow “defeating” retail).

If you need proof of this, count the number of smug Classic fans in this very thread bragging about how great it is to be a Classic fan.
    Translation: "I don't like this, so its not true!"

Next Q is in December (T_T) i cant wait for it...its going to be glorious!
    What?
    Q3 reporting is early November. Has been for the last 3 years.