Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Classic raids are literally LFR raids and you call that hard? Mages LITERALLY press 1 button in raids.
    warlocks too

hunters press 2 buttons and go oom doing it

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I think you haven't learned WoW at all then.

World of WarCraft was always like that. People like you, thinking that is not and thinking that PUGS don't need organization is what is the horror of raiding scene and there is just way too many of you. PUGS are just non-formalized guild raids. Difference between PUGS and guild is that you are not following strict raiding schedule. Raiding is still the same. 5 man was NEVER meant to carry anyone. Every each individual contributes and brings something to the team.

This was case in Burning Crusade, this is case now in BFA. You either understand this or you are playing the wrong game or you play the right game in wrong way.
    lol, nope.
    been playing BFA for the last year and that's a hard nope. PuGs are as uncoordinated and uncommitted as they've always been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I think you guys missing the point of this topic.

HC-raids in BfA are much harder for PUGs then before.

Things like Mekkatorque, whole Crucible of Storms and Azshara are PUG breakers in HEROIC, they need voice comms and personal fails are 100% raidwipes.

Nobody is talking about 1-player-raidwipe mechanics and the need of comms in MYTHIC but the difficulty in HEROIC is a bit to high, since PUGs most often don't clear the content.

Even if you don't raid and dont PUG, at least you could watch some mythic-clear streamers struggling just as hard in heroic pugs as everyone else at those PUG breaker bosses.

Absolut valid topic, there is no need to make this to a classic/retail newb discussion, because the main MMO audience right now does not raid anything above LFR.
    And that's a GOOD THING. Making heroic raids easily puggable was one of the worst mistakes they made. An MMO should encourage you to team up with people you know to overcome harder challenges, just as you would if the game world were real (or in the real world). You might well go on a hike with some random people from your town's hiking club. You might climb a moderately challenging mountain with some of them if you had vetted them. But you're not climbing a pretty hard and dangerous mountain with random people no matter. Same here. For 'hike' substitute LFR or low key mythic 5s. For 'moderately challenging mountain' think normal raids or M+ keys from 6-10 or so. For 'hard and dangerous mountain' think heroic raids.

Get it? Having the game encourage you to run with known people (friends, IRL and in game, and guildies) for heroic raid level fights is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    warlocks too

hunters press 2 buttons and go oom doing it
    that's why you have to change aspect when you get low.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And that's a GOOD THING. Making heroic raids easily puggable was one of the worst mistakes they made. An MMO should encourage you to team up with people you know to overcome harder challenges, just as you would if the game world were real (or in the real world). You might well go on a hike with some random people from your town's hiking club. You might climb a moderately challenging mountain with some of them if you had vetted them. But you're not climbing a pretty hard and dangerous mountain with random people no matter. Same here. For 'hike' substitute LFR or low key mythic 5s. For 'moderately challenging mountain' think normal raids or M+ keys from 6-10 or so. For 'hard and dangerous mountain' think heroic raids.

Get it? Having the game encourage you to run with known people (friends, IRL and in game, and guildies) for heroic raid level fights is a good thing.
    joke is heroic is still very easy till azshara with sub 430 geared people.

just don't suck lol. every boss can be facerolled in 420-430 gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    that's why you have to change aspect when you get low.
    You don't have viper in vanilla, derp

1. All the people thinking Classic is harder than Retail have most certainly not touched any current (or recent) expansion raiding. People can argue all they want, but that’s a fact. I’ve even argued with people that say they haven’t played since WotLK and I have to tell them they literally have no idea what they’re talking about. Even dungeons while leveling is harder than Classic dungeons are. Having grinded 2 chars to 60 through dungeons and cleared MC now, Classic is a joke. It’s like me saying Swiss Cheese is the worst cheese, even though I haven’t tasted it yet.

2. I don’t think retail needs to be easier. I, myself, don’t typically touch normal or higher raiding. I get my easy mode from LFR (which, ironically, is still harder than anything Classic has offered yet...), basically just for story purposes. I’ve dabbled in Mythic a few times and yes, it’s absurdly hard, but the payout isn’t even worth it. Blizzard has made the hard raiding as rewarding as my TF LFR piece, which actually isn’t something I asked for or wanted. I think hardest content should always yield highest reward.

You don't have viper in vanilla, derp
    oh yeah, that came in BC.
    imagine after focus being planned and then we thought that was a great thing to get since we could do something other then auto-shot while mana regened, we could regen mana more while we auto-shoted and regened mana.

oh yeah, that came in BC.
    imagine after focus being planned and then we thought that was a great thing to get since we could do something other then auto-shot while mana regened, we could regen mana more while we auto-shoted and regened mana.
    hunters wouldve been 100% fine with energy, too.

hunters wouldve been 100% fine with energy, too.
    focus basically is energy but we have abilities that also regen more, it's cool as long as aimed shot isn't on some retarded charge/CD system preventing it from being the bread to steady's butter.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    yikes bro, imagine being this your only argument. You really trying to compare a 15 year old INSTANCED CONTENT to justify your argument?
    The thread is about raids. Maybe try staying on topic?

focus basically is energy but we have abilities that also regen more, it's cool as long as aimed shot isn't on some retarded charge/CD system preventing it from being the bread to steady's butter.
    yeah, was js that energy/focus could essentially be the same thing, just like how they have a million different flavours of resource that do the same thing. pain/fury/rage/maelstrom acc annoy me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    1. All the people thinking Classic is harder than Retail have most certainly not touched any current (or recent) expansion raiding.
    Raiding != the whole game. Do we really have to keep pointing this out every time?

Classic is harder in the sense that leveling takes longer and if you're solo you'll find it harder to do things than in retail. Some of this is because retail stopped giving you quests you were under leveled for whereas Classic will do what Vanilla did and give you quests that are higher than your current level.

But... who CARES if it's easier or harder? I don't play games to make my dick bigger. I play to have fun. I find Classic more fun for a variety of reasons. IF someone disagrees and either dislikes both versions or prefers retail, that's fine. Their $15/month.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Raiding != the whole game. Do we really have to keep pointing this out every time?

Classic is harder in the sense that leveling takes longer and if you're solo you'll find it harder to do things than in retail. Some of this is because retail stopped giving you quests you were under leveled for whereas Classic will do what Vanilla did and give you quests that are higher than your current level.

But... who CARES if it's easier or harder? I don't play games to make my dick bigger. I play to have fun. I find Classic more fun for a variety of reasons. IF someone disagrees and either dislikes both versions or prefers retail, that's fine. Their $15/month.
    You're right in that it takes longer. 2/10

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Agree with the original poster.
    One of the things that made wow fantastic was it was beatable by anyone.
    Mythic difficulty raiding is so tightly tuned hardly anyone can finish it. When I last checked something like... 3000 players in the world had beaten Queen Azshara. Its so tightly tuned hardly anyone bothers to attempt the last boss in Tomb because the mechanics are so punishing. And that's... crazy.
    In comparison, during legion, by this point a lot of people were doing mythic EN runs. No one even goes into Uldir and Battle anymore.

Blizzard seem to be aiming at the bottom 10% and the top .1% - unlike older wow which aimed at everyone. And I think its damaging the game. Badly.

Oh yes that's what happens today since Legion, thank you for clarifying some of my own ideas with your own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    Oh yes that's what happens today since Legion, thank you for clarifying some of my own ideas with your own words.
    shame is y'all are both wrong tho lmao

shame is y'all are both wrong tho lmao
    They aren't, though. You are either a top grinder or you go home.

Legion was the beginning of the downward spiral with that fudging neverending powergrind and insane forging that became the new standard. I was raiding mythic in WoD because I had time to spare after getting the gear (because that was also less of a grind back then), but now i get to do LFR once to experience the story because I can't keep up with the grind enough to raid heroic or mythic.

That is, before classic was released. I'm not sure I even want to play retail any more unless they move away from power and forging.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Well, I played classic back in the day and I play it now. I cant really say the questing is "harder" in that it requires more effort from me when killing a mob. Its more having to do with after each kill I gotta eat, heal up, first aid or get mana back.

Sure, retail is probably more forgiving, but come on - imagine if we had to level like in classic but on retail. For 120 levels on other chars then our mains.

When it comes to raids: All classic content are now easily done with pugs in bad gear. You cant walk into Aszhara HC with bad gear, in a pug, and clear it no problem.
    go do the 2 quests from northern wetlands with the dwarfs and tell me it's not hard after.

7+ Year Old Account
    So is this another "we need to dumb down" the hardest raid difficulty in the game even though there are already 3 easy modes?

hmm..IF the OP wants an easier game, maybe he/she should play minecraft or something that isn't hard. He says he does mythics. I know players that complain they are hard...some say they are easy. If mythics are too hard, then maybe they shouldnt do them and stick to easier stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard that FF 14 is getting another difficulty mode added soon, called ultima mode.
    I can totally foresee blizz adding a *legendary mode* level.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    All the bosses could be like this. They're not but some like 'em like this. They can't please everyone so this is the middle road. Don't carry, instruct and be patient to let others absorb what's happening and how they must act to make it further.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.