Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Horde Saurfang broke the rules before Sylvanas did.

I am going to bring this up since this apparently has and probably will not be addressed.

So we have the fight with Saurfang Vs Sylvanas. Personally their is more wrong with that entire cinematic, but I want to focus on a particular point.

In Orc culture and Horde tradition it is clearly stated you cannot under any circumstances use a magical weapon in a Makrok.

Saurfang took a weapon which had magical powers coursing through it and used it against Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas used two daggers I guess you can call them.

For all purposes, Sylvanas was 100% in the right to use magic then since Saurfang shows he clearly gives no shit about the rules himself.

Not only is he a traitor, he is a hypocrite for using a dishonorable weapon in a honor duel.

i dont think that magic rule exists. also, by that point sylvanas didnt give a shit about playing fair and blew saurfang up as a big fuck you to everybody.

Gonna just call bullshit on this entire thing. We've seen many Mak'gora under many different circumstances and many different rulesets, both traditional and non. Suffice to say the only thing we can clearly state is that the rules of a Mak'gora are whatever the participants decide they are at the time.

I notice you did not, for example, call foul on the fact that neither participant was clad solely in a loincloth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rules of a Mak'gora seem to be different between each Mak'gora, since they are chosen and set by the participants themselves. Generally, there are thus no specific rules. The only consistent theme in all Mak'gora is that the pair must fight to the death or until submission. Magic, for example, has never been stated to be forbidden, and has, in fact, been used in multiple Mak'gora duels and thus seems to be permitted
    So, I mean. Magic wasn't used (until the end).

Where is it stated that magic weapons can't be used (even if it wasn't decided by those involved)? You said 'clearly stated' but.. magic weapons have 'clearly' been used multiple times. So, yeah?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Yeah those 2 normal daggers, did hes wounds look normal ? So 2 options poisoned daggers or magical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnBladefist View Post
    I am going to bring this up since this apparently has and probably will not be addressed.

So we have the fight with Saurfang Vs Sylvanas. Personally their is more wrong with that entire cinematic, but I want to focus on a particular point.

In Orc culture and Horde tradition it is clearly stated you cannot under any circumstances use a magical weapon in a Makrok.

Saurfang took a weapon which had magical powers coursing through it and used it against Sylvanas.

For all purposes, Sylvanas was 100% in the right to use magic then since Saurfang shows he clearly gives no shit about the rules himself.

Not only is he a traitor, he is a hypocrite for using a dishonorable weapon in a honor duel.
    There is no "non-magical weapon in a Mak'gora" rule, especially since nearly every weapon in WoW is magical to some degree or another. Gorehowl has magic in the form of the essence of several Gronn hearts sealed into it at forging. The Doomhammer is very obviously magical. Every Mak'gora we've ever seen has been fought with a magical weapon of some kind. Sylvanas' daggers were magical.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    These were the rules for Cairne and Garrosh's Mak'gora:

One weapon was allowed.
    A blessing of this weapon by a shaman of their choosing was permitted.
    Both body armor and clothing were forbidden, only a loincloth was allowed.
    Each participant had to have at least one witness.
    The combat was to the death.
    So obviously rather than the magical weapon concern, everyone should really be complaining we didn't get to see Saurfang and Sylvanas strip down to a loincloth.

Weren't Sylv's weapons magical too? I mean, they literally left glowing purple wounds on him. Pretty sure they both broke this rule, if that's the case

Muh queen.

C'mon.

Thrall used the Doomhammer in the duel agaist Garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would go so far as to argue there aren't really any hard and fast "rules" to Mak'gora, aside from those agreed upon beforehand by the participants. Mak'gora itself just seems to be an official challenge for leadership in some capacity - be it of a dispute, or a clan, or the Horde itself. Spectators then expect a "fair" fight by the participants in the duel, but what constitutes "fair" specifically is more or less up in the air and dependent on the context in which the challenge is issued (e.g. if there is time to prepare, if formal rules are declared, etc. etc.)
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

"A popular misconception among the fanbase is that Thrall cheated in his final mak'gora against Garrosh when he used elemental magic. However, there has never been any rule forbidding the use of magic and spells. Moreover, there is precedent for the use of magic in mak'gora, as both Shagara and Ashra made extensive use of it during their mak'gora. Thrall had also already used magic in the first mak'gora between him and Garrosh, by throwing lightning bolts. Another misconception is that Thrall became a weaker shaman after Garrosh's death because the elements felt like he used them in vengeance. In reality, it was his guilt and internal struggle that were the reason for him not hearing them anymore."

please, if you dont know shit, dont make posts...

Does it even matter at this point.

Horde lost again two leaders and have nothing then boring Horde members left.
    They keep slaying Horde left and right but replace and build up new characters nope that is to hard for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it matter?

He knew he wasn't going to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Thrall used the Doomhammer in the duel agaist Garrosh
    And got penalize for that since in BFA elements said screw you we're going to the champion

OP Sylvanas doesn't give 2 shits about Mak'gora as long as her enemy dies.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only rule they broke was not being naked

Thank god
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    And got penalize for that since in BFA elements said screw you we're going to the champion

OP Sylvanas doesn't give 2 shits about Mak'gora as long as her enemy dies.
    Not in the Wrath duel they didn't (sorry should have made it clear which one I meant, forgot the WOD one)!

Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnBladefist View Post

"Saurfang took a magical blade" guess you missed the entire fight where sylvannas had magic daggers with purple shit all over the place. Daggers she had on her and ready to use prior to saurfang being given a sword

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Not in the Wrath duel they didn't (sorry should have made it clear which one I meant, forgot the WOD one)!
    silly bun you.