Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    so you joined shit pugs back in 2014? Okay
    Well no i never joined them. That is the point. Most raiders you run into are utter pricks. Total prima donnas. That is why LFR is so popular and no one wants to play with people like you. Kinda why Blizz made LFR in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Well no i never joined them. That is the point. Most raiders you run into are utter pricks. Total prima donnas. That is why LFR is so popular and no one wants to play with people like you. Kinda why Blizz made LFR in the first place.
    that's great because I don't pug and I play exclusively with friends and guildmembers and we clear all the content at the highest difficulty.

I don't have to wade in your shit and you don't have to climb my ladder. Perfecto.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Actually wrong.

People outside this group can have a problem with it too. If you want sub retention to stay high you need to keep casuals hooked as long as possible. You don't need to be a casual to identify this.
    "The only people who have problems with LFR are casuals," doesn't mean the majority of casuals. But even if it was the majority of casuals, it'd still be factually wrong to say that it goes against sub retention. The World of Warcraft dev team has found that only having harder versions of content doesn't make people rise up to the occasion to do hard content, it just dissuades them.

Everyone who has an issue with LFR isn't necessarily a casual, but the majority are. It's no mistake that the people complaining about it are mostly those who love old MMOs and classic. Because I've never seen an old MMO that has legitimately difficult PvE content. Not that difficult PvE is that common in newer MMOs, but there's no pervasive category of people that solely play new MMOs like there are old ones.
    Last edited by Dominikas; 2019-09-24 at 05:55 PM.

that's great because I don't pug and I play exclusively with friends and guildmembers and we clear all the content at the highest difficulty.

I don't have to wade in your shit and you don't have to climb my ladder. Perfecto.
    It would be perfecto if you and your loathsome ilk just let is wade through our shit instead of trying to get it removed from the game. We don't want to play with you anymore than you want to play with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominikas View Post
    "The only people who have problems with LFR are casuals," doesn't mean the majority of casuals. But even if it was the majority of casuals, it'd still be factually wrong to say that it goes against sub retention. The World of Warcraft dev team has found that only having harder versions of content doesn't make people rise up to the occasion to do hard content, it just dissuades them.

Everyone who has an issue with LFR isn't necessarily a casual, but the majority are. It's no mistake that the people complaining about it are mostly those who love old MMOs and classic. Because I've never seen an old MMO that has legitimately difficult PvE content. Not that difficult PvE is that common in newer MMOs, but there's no pervasive category of people that solely play new MMOs like there are old ones.
    The problem isn't necessarily requesting super hard content. It's wanting content worth doing.

Content that is made trivial or invalid (by value of giving gear better elsewhere for free) is useless for everybody and just stupid.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

It would be perfecto if you and your loathsome ilk just let is wade through our shit instead of trying to get it removed from the game. We don't want to play with you anymore than you want to play with us.
    I don't care about lfr, lol.
    You're projecting your hate to someone that actually doesn't give a fuck. I like that lfr exists; it serves as a containment unit for shitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    Because its what the product was sold as and it's most popular form...

It's been twisted into something far less successful over the years to chase after people it can never keep but that was a mistake financially.

You not enjoying something isn't a reason to destroy something. Games live and die in niches there isn't a exception to that.

I personally never understood the obsession people have with raiding . If you get rid of free no effort gear you can go back to having meaningful drops from dungeons like the hand of justice or ironfoe.

You are actively campaigning for raid or die and raider io and it baffles me as to why given the reasons you listed.
    Your argument is incredibly flawed. When WoW was most popular, it was popular because MMOs were popular. Gaming trends have changed a lot since the late 2000s.

(Note to Classic revisionists who will be quick to point out its recent success: The long term effect of Classic remains to be seen.)

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Your argument is incredibly flawed. When WoW was most popular, it was popular because MMOs were popular. Gaming trends have changed a lot since the late 2000s.

(Note to Classic revisionists who will be quick to point out its recent success: The long term effect of Classic remains to be seen.)
    people brute forcing 1% drops seems awkwardly familiar.

almost like player behaviour hasn't changed at all in 15 years

Well no you simply are ignorant and you came to a flawed conclusion. Mmos have never been more popular look at fortnight and player unknowns battle ground. More people are playing mmos then ever.

As for classic... well first it was the first week now the first month... I imagine it will keep going till the argument becomes " well it's only the first month since the expac after bfa of course it's not as popular as classic "

Well no you simply are ignorant and you came to a flawed conclusion. Mmos have never been more popular look at fortnight and player unknowns battle ground. More people are playing mmos then ever.
    Are ... are you implying Fortnite and PUBG are in the same genre as WoW?

Well, there it is. That’s the stupidest thing I’ll see on the internet today.

It wasn't Activision or at least I don't think it was. Blizzard has never really had good decisions making skills it's why I'm always baffled when people point to them as some kind of informed insider. They are copy cats. There isn't an orginal idea in the minds of a blizzard director to the point they admitted it.

They copied rts when rts were in. They copied action rpgs when action RPGs were in and they copied mmos when mmos are in.

The problem with blindly copying trends is that you can easily lose yourself trying to chase down ones you don't understand. Blizzard tried to copy what made phone games successful since player wise they are the biggest market. It blew up in their face. The problem is they only know how to copy so rather then right the ship they copied harder and harder.

I can see Activision pushing for monetization and selling idoits mounts and toys for money but I can't see them directing game design.
    Activision-Blizzard merger happens 2008. Cata releases 2010.

I don't think Activision directly influenced game design decisions, bit I do think they had a heavy influence on the culture of the combined company, as well as the overall direction.

But I agree about your point of Blizzard not being particularly creative. A lot of the lore groundwork was already laid with Vanilla through WotLK, so when Cata hit they were in new territory. They were also struggling with new technology with phasing and cross server tech.

So I can see where they could easily lose their way.

I don't care about lfr, lol.
    You're projecting your hate to someone that actually doesn't give a fuck. I like that lfr exists; it serves as a containment unit for shitters.
    You are like a caricature of everything that people hate about raiders. I would ask why someone who doesn't give a fuck about LFR is in a thread about LFR but your disgusting attitude towards people who do LFR is pretty normal on this forum and always amusing. Good luck on the World first on the next raid.

You are like a caricature of everything that people hate about raiders. I would ask why someone who doesn't give a fuck about LFR is in a thread about LFR but your disgusting attitude towards people who do LFR is pretty normal on this forum and always amusing. Good luck on the World first on the next raid.
    Rofl, you started jumping out with your shit attitude and now you're surprised you get shit back?

You sound like pretty much everyone on this forum with a fucking victim complex and unchecked toxicity.

And I will enjoy doing content with my guild/friends away from lfr heroes like you. Like I did before.

also, noone who does lfr has a good reason why people would want to play with them. Lol, why would I in my right mind ever agree to having an "easy difficulty only" player in my group, when the recruitment pool when I do pug is vast and unending? Roflmao.

Rofl, you started jumping out with your shit attitude and now you're surprised you get shit back?

You sound like pretty much everyone on this forum with a fucking victim complex and unchecked toxicity.

And I will enjoy doing content with my guild/friends away from lfr heroes like you. Like I did before.

also, noone who does lfr has a good reason why people would want to play with them. Lol, why would I in my right mind ever agree to having an "easy difficulty only" player in my group, when the recruitment pool when I do pug is vast and unending? Roflmao.
    Fighting toxicity by being extremely toxic isn't the way to go about things, dawg. (Especially when you have the gaul to bring it up, and then go on a toxic tirade of your own). At the very least, you could focus on just the one guy you're dealing with, without throwing everyone else under the bus. Tremendously rude.

Why is it that the people who feel strongly for or against LFR always have to put down someone on the other side? Be nice, Jesus. It isn't that hard people.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    Fighting toxicity by being extremely toxic isn't the way to go about things, dawg. (Especially when you have the gaul to bring it up, and then go on a toxic tirade of your own). At the very least, you could focus on just the one guy you're dealing with, without throwing everyone else under the bus. Tremendously rude.

Why is it that the people who feel strongly for or against LFR always have to put down someone on the other side? Be nice, Jesus. It isn't that hard people.
    You first.

also, it's "gall" not "gaul"

Are ... are you implying Fortnite and PUBG are in the same genre as WoW?

Well, there it is. That’s the stupidest thing I’ll see on the internet today.
    Well yes they are both massively multiplayer online games... your argument not mine. Now if you are strictly talking RPGs I don't believe that market has shrunk as much as you believe it has more just fractured.

You first.

also, it's "gall" not "gaul"
    What did I do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well yes they are both massively multiplayer online games... your argument not mine. Now if you are strictly talking RPGs I don't believe that market has shrunk as much as you believe it has more just fractured.
    That's... Not quite the same. Fortnite and Pubg are battle royale games that don't have persistent worlds or long-term character progression. They're more like drop-in, drop-out multiplayer lobbies with 15-20 minute games made strictly for pvp combat. They also don't have a breadth of different types of content to engage in besides killing other players. They're about as different as say, Overwatch and Conan Exiles are from one another.
    Last edited by Advent; 2019-09-24 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    What did I do?
    You, meaning you people basically.

It's not that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    That's... Not quite the same. Fortnite and Pubg are battle royale games that don't have persistent worlds or long-term character progression. They're more like drop-in, drop-out multiplayer lobbies with 15-20 minute games made strictly for pvp combat. They also don't have a breadth of different types of content to engage in besides killing other players. They're about as different as say, Overwatch and Conan Exiles are from one another.
    It's a counter point to people whining about " da times" when it's there only arguement that change for the sake of change is a positive.

Its correct but make no mistake it is simply a callus dismissal of his non argument.