Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why Classic+ Won't Happen

Creating new content costs more money than porting old content.

Activision Blizzard does not care about making quality games anymore, they are a business, and as such, care about making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Good, dont ruin it
    ruin what they can only make classic better

It will never happen though, if you want Classic+ go play retail

We already got classic +
    Classic
    TBC - Classic +
    WOTLK - Classic ++
    Cata - Classic +++
    MoP - Classic ++++
    (expansion doesn't exist)
    Legion - Classic +++++
    BFA - Classic ++++++
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2019-09-24 at 09:11 PM.

Its so easy to just leave classic alone, i hope they will manage it

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    They've always been a business..
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post

Activision Blizzard does not care about making quality games anymore, they are a business, and as such, care about making money.
    This presumes that Classic won't be a profitable success. I'm not willing to presume that although I think there's a low-but-not-zero chance that they might add a zone or two to Classic some day. Not soon. But someday. I think the chances of that happening are probably in single digits but it's not zero.

You cannot make the argument one day that some MMO's are doing fine and getting new content with less than 150,000 users and dismiss the idea on another day that Classic may get a minor non-TBC expansion at some future point.

I have no idea how many people are subscribing primarily for Classic. Blizzard does and based on usage statistics they may well decide at some future point to think about making a decision on that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Its so easy to just leave classic alone, i hope they will manage it
    The amount of windowlickers thinking Blizzard is a charity is fucking astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    The amount of windowlickers thinking Blizzard is a charity is fucking astonishing.
    Ah you meen when they dont leave it alone they will make more money? You really think so?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This presumes that Classic won't be a profitable success. I'm not willing to presume that although I think there's a low-but-not-zero chance that they might add a zone or two to Classic some day. Not soon. But someday. I think the chances of that happening are probably in single digits but it's not zero.

You cannot make the argument one day that some MMO's are doing fine and getting new content with less than 150,000 users and dismiss the idea on another day that Classic may get a minor non-TBC expansion at some future point.

I have no idea how many people are subscribing primarily for Classic. Blizzard does and based on usage statistics they may well decide at some future point to think about making a decision on that.
    Porting TBC and WoTLK will still be substantially more economically viable.

This... really warranted its own thread? I sure as Hell don't want a Classic+. I'm glad that shit-show will never see the light of day.

Ah you meen when they dont leave it alone they will make more money? You really think so?
    Nothing keeps people around like new content.

Nothing drives people out like content drought.

Porting TBC and WoTLK will still be substantially more economically viable.
    If you think simple, you are right. But here's the deal: WoW Classic is only so successful because the content simply do no longer exist in the game. While BC and WotLK exist even on live-realms. So why should someone want to play Burning Crusade Classic?

Let's see the "private servers" out there: there are many Vanilla ones, but nearly no BC ones. And on these there are far less players. So yes, BC would be logical, but not really too. Because in a simply business sense you are right, this would be the easiest solution, but would it be successful? I doubt so.

Because one of the thing many vanilla-players simply hate are flying mounts. Flying makes the world far too small, and would lead to the issue we have now: flying from mob to mob. Ironically: BC solved this probably the best, because flying in skettis is really dangerous, as it is to fly over the legion-camps too.

So in the end: Classic+ is actually possible, because it would probably bring in more people that play vanilla+ than people playing a BC-Classic.

10+ Year Old Account

Utterly pointless topic.

Companies like to make money? Shocking. Who'd think a company would want to stay in business?

/s
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    If you think simple, you are right. But here's the deal: WoW Classic is only so successful because the content simply do no longer exist in the game. While BC and WotLK exist even on live-realms. So why should someone want to play Burning Crusade Classic?

Let's see the "private servers" out there: there are many Vanilla ones, but nearly no BC ones. And on these there are far less players. So yes, BC would be logical, but not really too. Because in a simply business sense you are right, this would be the easiest solution, but would it be successful? I doubt so.

Because one of the thing many vanilla-players simply hate are flying mounts. Flying makes the world far too small, and would lead to the issue we have now: flying from mob to mob. Ironically: BC solved this probably the best, because flying in skettis is really dangerous, as it is to fly over the legion-camps too.

So in the end: Classic+ is actually possible, because it would probably bring in more people that play vanilla+ than people playing a BC-Classic.
    Creating new content costs millions of dollars. If they find that TBC servers shouldn't exist, classic will end there.

Devs have already said they will not be creating anything for Classic. They will be keeping it the "vanilla experience" with no plans of changing it. So Classic+ will never happen if you take what the devs say to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    We already got classic +
    Classic
    TBC - Classic +
    WOTLK - Classic ++
    Cata - Classic +++
    MoP - Classic ++++
    (expansion doesn't exist)
    Legion - Classic +++++
    BFA - Classic ------
    Fixed it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Fixed it, I think.
    HAahha you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Fixed it, I think.
    Oh what a genious display or orginal sense of humour and intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Utterly pointless topic.

Companies like to make money? Shocking. Who'd think a company would want to stay in business?

/s
    The difference is, current Activision Blizzard attempts to analyze human psychology to bring in new subscribers and keep existing ones, a practice which ends up majorly affecting game systems in a horrendously negative way. Old Blizzard just cared about making good games that people wanted to play.

Old Blizzard no longer exists. The Shareholders have the reigns now. So many discussions on this forum about Classic+, all wasted breath. Old Blizzard is gone.