Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm not necessarily convinced she's the leader. Maybe just an explanation of why some Forsaken are working with the Alliance. I think Voss will be the new leader. She's a memorable character and still fits what it means to be Forsaken.

If we are going to the Shadowlands then I think there will be a large arc about Arthas and probably all the lost souls of Lordaeron. That's where I see her story going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Why all the negativity? Calia has a huge rack. I vote boobs!

I mean, Calia!
    If boobs were all that mattered there would only be female leaders, anyway calia just sucks , lousy leadership, no military skills , tactics and to top it all of incredibly naive and has no real ties to the forsaken whatsoever.

The Before the Storm Book mentions Calia & Derek were previously Paramours. But then she also says Derek died & has been waterlogged since the second war? They explain they fixed up his body, sure. But how old was Calia during the second war? They keep adding shit without a clear timeline that is extremely iffy. The Second War was 30 years ago! Is Calia pushing 50? I guess cannonically, Jiana is supposed to be a similar same age

3+ Year Old Account
    Post this on another thread of similar topic but going to repost it on this more active one.

I thinking Calia si going to turn out to be like a covert Yrel (light crazed version).

Currently the light army is non existent. It lost it a lot of it’s forces fighting the legion. What a better way to replenish that then with good fighting creatures (undead) that are also easily controlled.

The quote of “ Light has made a pact with the enemy of all” comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    yes, i have seen it, nice and all, and great show why we will get peace or at least truce...
    but still not a reason to dissolve factions... maybe lorewise we wont fight so much in near future, but thats it, gameplay wise there will be no significant change, maybe som minor tweaks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That is the unification way, yes. The people who wanted the Forsaken to die can rejoice, as Blizzard just butchered the race.
    I'm honestly so disappointed. I thought I was prepared for the worst but I was wrong. This is very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yes, i have seen it, nice and all, and great show why we will get peace or at least truce...
    but still not a reason to dissolve factions... maybe lorewise we wont fight so much in near future, but thats it, gameplay wise there will be no significant change, maybe some minor tweaks...
    We joke about them saying "HONOR" over & over but it's true. Sylvanas was the only person treating the war like something you wanted to win. This was essentially the Horde saying they'd fight the Alliance by the Alliance's terms, which might as well render the Horde obsolete. And Tyrande is no longer communicating with Stormwind.... and Gallywix was firmly on Sylvanas' side. Is Thalyssria there for peer presure? She didn't have any altercations with Sylvanas, she was just there when Jaina & Lorethemar shook hands, which itself was wild considering Jaina whent Krystalnacht on the sunreavers, regardless if they were innocent or not.

Seems to me this is the end of the Faction War.

But I bet they're going to be like Well, now pick between Holy Queen Calia or Banshee Queen Sylvanas: And Sylvanas players get cool Reaper from Overwatch style aesthetics & players will flock to that side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    We joke about them saying "HONOR" over & over but it's true. Sylvanas was the only person treating the war like something you wanted to win. This was essentially the Horde saying they'd fight the Alliance by the Alliance's terms, which might as well render the Horde obsolete. And Tyrande is no longer communicating with Stormwind.... and Gallywix was firmly on Sylvanas' side. Is Thalyssria there for peer presure? She didn't have any altercations with Sylvanas, she was just there when Jaina & Lorethemar shook hands, which itself was wild considering Jaina whent Krystalnacht on the sunreavers, regardless if they were innocent or not.

Seems to me this is the end of the Faction War.

But I bet they're going to be like Well, now pick between Holy Queen Calia or Banshee Queen Sylvanas: And Sylvanas players get cool Reaper from Overwatch style aesthetics & players will flock to that side.
    end of faction war? sure
    dissolving of factions? theres no reason and i dont mean lorewise, but irl, WHY would blizzard change something half of their game is build on? it could potentionaly create crapload of problems without ANY benefit at all...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I'm honestly so disappointed. I thought I was prepared for the worst but I was wrong. This is very sad.
    like dude, let me tell you. Poor Genn lmao, poor Sylvanas, poor Tyrande, poor orcs, forsaken, worgen as a race etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Lilian. Lilian is the new leader of the Forsaken. Why would for the Forsaken want the sister of the guy who genocided them as their leader?
    Because she had LITERALLY nothing to do with what Arthas did while still being the only remaining royalty of lorderon. Lilian is far too much of a loner to lead anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Just you wait till Tyrande gets hit with the villain bat for rejecting Anduin's holy word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If boobs were all that mattered there would only be female leaders, anyway calia just sucks , lousy leadership, no military skills , tactics and to top it all of incredibly naive and has no real ties to the forsaken whatsoever.
    Yeah but this is a game so I don't expect much out of the story, you see how shit it's been with or without Sylvanas as Warchief/Forsaken racial leader. Besides, I have no real reason to hate Calia, she's kind of a brand new character, she was always a background character before, and since I like the Menethil story a lot, this is a plus, Sylvanas acting like a badly-written 2-dimensional villain notwithstanding.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    theoretically there would be no problem to people group up with other faction to do content if they have warmode off, in the world or some instanced content

the problem is if they bring that shit into the lore, making a lame unification where factions and races will not matter anymore, just the ones blizz want to give spotlight at time and that almost mean just humans and elves.
    I mean people already think the story is shit anyways I don't think Blizzard can do any worse by their eyes. And the factions can still exist and even faction restrictions can still exist they just remove the barriers on everything else.

Assuming Tyrande doesn't go off the deep-end and factions end up unified I can already seeing them pulling something like this to keep PVP relevant/canon:

Due to growing cries for vengeance over the events of the Fourth War, the High King of the Alliance and the (Horde Leadership) have sanctioned certain zones/arenas/regions where soldiers may spill blood freely and sate their blood-lust without intervention.

Boom, now they can continue to make new PVP content without it screwing up the story, Warmode will be a bit trickier to fit in but it wouldn't be hard by any means.

And honestly I think its about time we get racial stories that aren't just about why they hate the other team, because I feel a big enemy to racial depth is painting them all as goons fueled by the hatred of Red/Blue. Faction stories can involve the aftermath of the Fourth War and how said factions handle inner-conflict.

The setup is there, its up the Blizzard to do it well, and I think just because they flop doesn't mean Unification can't be done right.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Because she had LITERALLY nothing to do with what Arthas did while still being the only remaining royalty of lorderon. Lilian is far too much of a loner to lead anyone.
    And calia is an alliance character so it would make many people delete their forsaken characters because it doesn't fit the faction at all.

Originally their second in command was a god damn demon and so it would be extremely weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I mean people already think the story is shit anyways I don't think Blizzard can do any worse by their eyes..
    Ye of little faith. Blizzard can always do worse. They have consistently mastered that art with each and every expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    And calia is an alliance character so it would make many people delete their forsaken characters because it doesn't fit the faction at all.
    She doesn't even like the Horde. She tried to stage a coup, that's how she died. Still the Forsaken do not want a monarch. I mean, they didn't before Blizzard forgot the Forsaken called her the Dark Lady & Banshee Queen was a pejorative the Alliance used for Sylvanas

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I mean people already think the story is shit anyways I don't think Blizzard can do any worse by their eyes.
    thats always where they are wrong, it can go way worse
    And the factions can still exist and even faction restrictions can still exist they just remove the barriers on everything else.
    the point is what barriers, for what? what the bonds will stay?

like i said, players team up to do quests/dgs/raids, as long they don't enter in the major cities is fine to me, but thats it, nothing more.
    Boom, now they can continue to make new PVP content without it screwing up the story, Warmode will be a bit trickier to fit in but it wouldn't be hard by any means
    they would put some zones to faction fulfill their thirst for blood, right, thats sounds way too much anymore, it make no sense, thats why those things should not be in the lore.

And honestly I think its about time we get racial stories that aren't just about why they hate the other team, because I feel a big enemy to racial depth is painting them all as goons fueled by the hatred of Red/Blue. Faction stories can involve the aftermath of the Fourth War and how said factions handle inner-conflict.
    we already had racial stories withing the faction stories, with faction they would have to write about at least 2 races, without they will just write humans and elves like it was in Legion and was fucking garbage

the problem is not the faction but blizzard writing, without the factions you will still have the same writers, they can just do worse things now

let the factions be in an eternal cold war with skirmishes around the world, thats fine, but unification simple shatter one of the few remaining warcraft pillars

- - - Updated - - -

She doesn't even like the Horde.
    i mean, neither sylvanas
    Still the Forsaken do not want a monarch.
    rly? wasn't syvnas their Queen?

pretty sure lots of forsaken players here in the forum will love this change, we can't stay forever in the past amright.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-24 at 10:19 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    In the follow up quest where you spy on her, she's told that all she needs to really do is act as a beacon of hope. If the Forsaken are clinging to hope as Sylvanas claims--and Calia is told she just needs to act as that symbol...

She's going to be a racial leader for someone and that's nearly certain. Filling in for Sylvanas wouldn't even be a stretch anymore, since the Forsaken mostly view her as a symbol anyways. Voss didn't even have anything bad to say when you report back to her.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Lilian. Lilian is the new leader of the Forsaken. Why would for the Forsaken want the sister of the guy who genocided them as their leader?
    what does arthas actions have to do with anything? Calia is the heir to Lordaeron, why would we want an ex scarlet crusade as Forsaken leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    In the follow up quest where you spy on her, she's told that all she needs to really do is act as a beacon of hope. If the Forsaken are clinging to hope as Sylvanas claims--and Calia is told she just needs to act as that symbol...

She's going to be a racial leader for someone and that's nearly certain. Filling in for Sylvanas wouldn't even be a stretch anymore, since the Forsaken mostly view her as a symbol anyways. Voss didn't even have anything bad to say when you report back to her.
    I expect her to be, but I dislike humanized forsaken out of principle, combine this with Calia's "abilities" and you will get snide and cynic remarks, because for me calia is a walking trashcan.