View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    As funny as it would be to see the black rod actualy arrest some one and hold them in the house of Lords cells I think impeachment is something that hasn't been used in so long (1806 the last time) it's likely not really an option.

Also requires bojo to commit a crime or high treason and misleading the monarch was removed from the high treason crime some time ago, funny in a way that, don't think any one realised it was actualy an important thing for goverment to ensure the advise to the Queen is truthful.

- - - Updated - - -

And the communists also, as my link showed are attracted to them, Once again.
    https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

The communists are also anti immigration
    https://www.cpbml.org.uk/topics/migration

And they want to abolish.... Well everything, parliament, court, Queen the lot and change it to workers councils.
    Of course they do, but when was the last time you even heard the British Communist party get a mention, anywhere?

This is some amazing whataboutism going on. All this shit, it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, other ducks are pretty convinced it's a duck, and yet here you are in total denial that it's a duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Of course they do, but when was the last time you even heard the British Communist party get a mention, anywhere?

This is some amazing whataboutism going on. All this shit, it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, other ducks are pretty convinced it's a duck, and yet here you are in total denial that it's a duck?
    when was the last time you heard the British fascist party get mentioned...... oh wait there isnt one, just some racist party's

its not whataboutism its pointing out that nothing your arguing points to it being some fascist conspiracy any more than it being a communist conspiracy. you're living in lala land and have been watching too much american news.

we have dickheads and racists and the odd fascist sure and they support Brexit.
    we also have communists and archaists dick heads and they support Brexit too.

but there both tiny fringe minority's with hardly enough money to get drunk on a weekend.

occums razor my dude, if it looks like a disaster capitolist, acts like a disaster capitolist, then apply your own logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    when was the last time you heard the British fascist party get mentioned...... oh wait there isnt one, just some racist party's

its not whataboutism its pointing out that nothing your arguing points to it being some fascist conspiracy any more than it being a communist conspiracy. you're living in lala land and have been watching too much american news.

we have dickheads and racists and the odd fascist sure and they support Brexit.
    we also have communists and archaists dick heads and they support Brexit too.

but there both tiny fringe minority's with hardly enough money to get drunk on a weekend.

occums razor my dude, if it looks like a disaster capitolist, acts like a disaster capitolist, then apply your own logic.
    Strange I have heard of the EDL (fascist), Generation Identity (fascist), Football Lads Alliance (fascist), never mind the BNP, and their successors in UKIP and BXP as they try to sanitise themselves.

Disaster Capitalist and Establishment Multimillionaire man of the people and anti-establismentist, Nigel Farage, may not like to directly associate himself with these groups, but they see a lot in him. And his buddies in the press like to give them exposure.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-09-24 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dribbles View Post
    It really is a sad day for our country when remain supporters try to foster trust in our supposedly impartial judicial institutions when clearly for all who are not blind can see they are nothing of the kind. That's shameful.
    This isn't about leave or remain - it's about right and wrong! Our PM has been found by the highest court in the land to have broken the law, a fact that all of us - whether we're for the Tories, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP, leave, remain or what have you - should be deeply concerned about.

Under normal circumstance such an act would herald the end of Johnson premiership but instead we have people supporting him and labelling our top judges as enemies of the people. These same people argued that we should leave the EU so as our parliament and courts could be sovereign, yet they cheer when the executive tries to subvert our parliament and attempt to smear our legal system when it exerts its power and upholds our laws. Ironically we even have some people highlighting their ignorance of our own legal system and the role of the ECJ arguing that Johnson should appeal the Supreme Court's ruling in the ECJ.

Strange I have heard of the EDL (fascist), Generation Identity (fascist), Football Lads Alliance (fascist), never mind the BNP, and their successors in UKIP and BXP as they try to sanitise themselves.

Disaster Capitalist and Establishment Multimillionaire man of the people and anti-establismentist, Nigel Farage, may not like to directly associate himself with these groups, but they see a lot in him. And his buddies in the press like to give them exposure.
    And the communist and anarchist doth the same.

Disaster capitolists have been clawing at the EU for decades.

Let me take you back to good old 1992, thatcher had been ousted as pm and taken over by the nortorius europhile jhon major, now jhon major was a big fan of a little thing called the European exchange mechanism, that was the precursor to the euro, there general idea was the European nations would keep them selves generally on parity currency wise, now this had some issues, well alot of issues the UK had a double defect, the German mark was way to strong and the dollar was the currency of our primary trading partner and was weakened.

Now i will quote the wiki of that fateful day, black Wednesday. 1992
    In the months leading up to Black Wednesday, George Soros had been building a huge short position in pounds sterling that would become immensely profitable if the pound fell below the lower band of the ERM. Soros recognized the unfavourable position at which the United Kingdom joined the ERM, believing the rate at which the UK was brought into the Exchange Rate Mechanism was too high, their inflation was also much too high (triple the German rate), and British interest rates were hurting their asset prices.[6] Soros made over £1 billion[7] in profit by short selling sterling.
    Boom 3.3billion Wiped off the UK over night as we went crashing out of the ERM and our freind disaster capitolist soros netted him self a cool 1billion pounds, not a bad day at the office for him.

Jhon major was shot, his credibility in tatters, his career would end in the next GE and see Blair raign for over a decade as the Conservatives went through successive leaders trying to patch them selves back together.

Amidst the turmoil you would be forgiven to miss the founding of a small unassuming party in 1993 bolstered by the new wave of eurosceptasism spawned from our small financial crisis its name was ukip and within it there was a man fresh out of his London job as an investment banker, one nigel farage. this all 8 years prior to the fateful day in new York when the towers fell, Islamic extremism would rise, as protests calling for sharia law and spitting on soldiers filled our t.v screens, events that would see the far right resurface in Europe for the first time in decades. though it wouldn't be till the migrant crisis that the far right would fully fall into the anti EU bed, unfortunate timing that it was but a year before the Brexit vote, as to the communists? well there old hats at eurosceptasism, there support was born from the days of the fearful unions, thatcher's iron fist and the threat of globalism on the UK's heavy industry.

alas if only it was as simple as your mind makes it out to be, but the far right and far left are but branches of this rotten brexit tree, but they are not it's cancerous roots, that my sweet child is entirly with the disaster capitolists who care for nothing more than the aligmighty dollar and fear no communist or facist as their easily baught and manipulated.

so as you say if it walks like duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a duck. But this my friend is a mallard, with complex DNA and internal structure, not the hollow rubber duck you play with in the bath.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-24 at 08:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This isn't about leave or remain - it's about right and wrong! Our PM has been found by the highest court in the land to have broken the law, a fact that all of us - whether we're for the Tories, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP, leave, remain or what have you - should be deeply concerned about.

Under normal circumstance such an act would herald the end of Johnson premiership but instead we have people supporting him and labelling our top judges as enemies of the people. These same people argued that we should leave the EU so as our parliament and courts could be sovereign, yet they cheer when the executive tries to subvert our parliament and attempt to smear our legal system when it exerts its power and upholds our laws. Ironically we even have some people highlighting their ignorance of our own legal system and the role of the ECJ arguing that Johnson should appeal the Supreme Court's ruling in the ECJ.

And it is clearly not right that a politically motivated, appointed and unelected biased judiciary, many on EU paid pensions and with vested interests, interfere in parliaments business overriding a PM's decision in the process.

If the Supreme Court judges now want to step in the mire of politics and mess around with democracy they should stand for election with a manifesto and be held accountable to the people so come an election these awful dictatorial remainer judges can be purged into the wilderness too. Then we would have a judiciary that carries the support of its electors. Instead, because of this decision, 10's of millions will now be cheering for Boris should he choose to break the law and for sure they will be more likely to support him at the next General Election.

The law is policed and enforced by courts with the consent of the people, they must be accountable to them too, or law and order will break down. What has happened today could not be more wrong.

So there, I agree with you it isn't about left or right and have explained what is right and what is obviously very and shamefully wrong.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    that, that was good. even Nigel looked like he found that funny.

Yea sure may be Morgan and Stanley. But it ain't the local spar shop, or b&m bargines, it ain't the little family owned bakers down the road, it isn't the local animal feed factory down the road from me and it ain't the little Software consultancy I work for.

This is the problem when you let the upper middle class infect the left wing, they pollute it with fairytale fantasy based in there privileged littel urbanite worlds that work perfectly for jhon the investment banker in London. But for those on the ground floor, there the ones that take the shit when it all falls down, good old jhon can easily fuck off to a new country when his pie in the sky ideas come crashing down.
    Yeah, ok, but now you're just mad that you don't have the job, which is not their fault. Envy isn't a nice trait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Allegedly according to a study they found it at their company.
    But others have found the opposite, i.e. that it actually destroys work ethics: https://www.businessinsider.com/prod...18-8?r=US&IR=T

A general problem with productivity studies is that the study itself improves performance since it shows that someone cares, and people have an incentive to agree that the management ideas of their managers work. Obviously the effect also depends on the nature of the work.
    I could agree with that. I think the takeaway is that it's interesting to look at more than man-hours to evaluate someone's value as a worker/employee. The only thing that kind of takes that into account is the promotions and maybe bonus systems, depending on your workplace.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dribbles View Post
    And it is clearly not right that a politically motivated, appointed and unelected biased judiciary, many on EU paid pensions and with vested interests, interfere in parliaments business overriding a PM's decision in the process.

If the Supreme Court judges now want to step in the mire of politics and mess around with democracy they should stand for election with a manifesto and be held accountable to the people so come an election these awful dictatorial remainer judges can be purged into the wilderness too. Then we would have a judiciary that carries the support of its electors. Instead, because of this decision, 10's of millions will now be cheering for Boris should he choose to break the law and for sure they will be more likely to support him at the next General Election.

The law is policed and enforced by courts with the consent of the people, they must be accountable to them too, or law and order will break down. What has happened today could not be more wrong.

So there, I agree with you it isn't about left or right and have explained what is right and what is obviously very and shamefully wrong.
    That is utter bollocks.

The Supreme Court was asked to answer a question of law - our law - which it did it. Johnson is at fault here not the courts.

That is Freeman of the Land level of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If you look at kids as a "hobby", i don't recommend getting any. I don't even recommend getting an animal with that type of view on something that breathes.
    I wouldn't read too much into a quip like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, ok, but now you're just mad that you don't have the job, which is not their fault. Envy isn't a nice trait.

- - - Updated - - -

I could agree with that. I think the takeaway is that it's interesting to look at more than man-hours to evaluate someone's value as a worker/employee. The only thing that kind of takes that into account is the promotions and maybe bonus systems, depending on your workplace.
    its not envy its just pointing out that if you don't have a diversity of social class in the upper halves of a party, you wont have the perspective of all of the backgrounds you need to make workable policy for them.

Corbyn might wear a flat cap but the guy is still also a private school boy. and the rest of the party? no better.

When the Labour Party first achieved electoral success in the 1920s, more than 70% of its MPs were drawn from working-class backgrounds. This has declined drastically from the mid- 80s and today just 8% of Labour MPs are working-class.
    source:https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2018/jul/...ht-wing-policy

the party of the working class........ has only 8% of its MP's from the working class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc it wasn't as bad. Look at the graph.

This.... This is why boomer is a meme, the I did it back in my day so why can't you, stop complaining.... Totaly forgetting the ratio of wage to cost was a fuck ton more forgiving back then, and by the time it got really bad they are well and truly secure financially.
    Technically Gen X if they finished in 2003. But yes, the crash hit a few years later, and most Millennials are the renting generation.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Technically Gen X if they finished in 2003. But yes, the crash hit a few years later, and most Millennials are the renting generation.
    aye, my birth was bad timing. worst part is that even if we fix it, its to late to salvage for my generation.

but the boomer meme thing is more a general satirical take on older adults that got to enjoy the pre 2009 golden age of low house prices, cheap loans, cheap holiday flights and the endless imagined economic and job growth and ofc the dot com boom.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-24 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of them joined the Labour front benches

*badum-tish*

Jokes aside, both the far left and far right embarassing the absolute shit out of themselves tonight, Leave.EU desperately digging up any dirt on the 11 judges while calling them enemies of the state.

Meanwhile on the left, this meeting took place: https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/stat...341574656?s=19

The extremism in our political discourse right now needs to kindly get to fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

aye, my birth was bad timing.
    You and me both, I wish my parents had decided they wanted a second kid sooner. I'd have dodged that bullet had they not waited a whole decade.

Most of them joined the Labour front benches

*badum-tish*

Jokes aside, both the far left and far right embarassing the absolute shit out of themselves tonight, Leave.EU desperately digging up any dirt on the 11 judges while calling them enemies of the state.

Meanwhile on the left, this meeting took place: https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/stat...341574656?s=19

The extremism in our political discourse right now needs to kindly get to fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

You and me both, I wish my parents had decided they wanted a second kid sooner. I'd have dodged that bullet had they not waited a whole decade.
    haha

Livingstone said the anti-Semitism allegations are “not about anti-Semitism, they’re about preventing a progressive government”
    the thing preventing a progressive government in the UK is the 1970's cold war relic labour keep parking in front of the dispatch box.

10+ Year Old Account
    the thing preventing a progressive government in the UK is the 1970's cold war relic labour keep parking in front of the dispatch box.
    That same one that was only there because of the Conservative fuck up that came before, and couldn't clean up its mess?

10+ Year Old Account
    haha

Most of the older members on both benches are cold war relics.

I'm more concerned about the quote that was:

Walker rejoicing that so many people are here, adding: “Momentum no longer gives you free speech. I can’t even tell you about the number of people who can’t get into Momentum anymore.”

Says crackdown on anti-Semitism is “first step towards fascism”.
    In what twisted world of logic does that make *any* fucking sense?

That same one that was only there because of the Conservative fuck up that came before, and couldn't clean up its mess?
    the conservatives have done an awful lot wrong since taking over from captain Tony "war crimes" Blair, but i think digging up that fossil is defiantly something that they cant be blamed for (unless you believe that conspiracy that tory plants funded his leadership bid and ran his propaganda). not that it hasn't worked out wonderfully in keeping the fuckers in power for what feels like an entire middle earth age.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the older members on both benches are cold war relics.

I'm more concerned about the quote that was:

In what twisted world of logic does that make *any* fucking sense?
    didn't you know. the first thing Hitler did was expel the anti-Semites from his party.......

fuck me you cant write some of this stuff.

is she actually real or a parody account ? https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/stat...72095704293378
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-24 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the conservatives have done an awful lot wrong since taking over from captain Tony "war crimes" Blair, but i think digging up that fossil is defiantly something that they cant be blamed for (unless you believe that conspiracy that tory plants funded his leadership bid and ran his propaganda). not that it hasn't worked out wonderfully in keeping the fuckers in power for what feels like an entire middle earth age.
    Well, Labour lost over the financial crisis that came from US Republican fiscal policy, so that was a little unfair. Besides that, I was talking about the 1974 Labour government that came in because the Tories had completely imploded, and was neither really ready for government nor capable of cleaning up the shit show they were left with.