Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    Given the acute lack of Dark Rangers in lore, there's nobody there to defect.
    Arthas had a giant army, lots of DKs, too.
    Sylvanas doesn't and now she doubly doesn't. Plus, the whole timing is off.
    Did you miss today's big news drop? Check out what Sylvanas says in her Loyalist campaign end.

Could you elaborate about the timing being off? I feel like this is the best timing for it.

We're literally at 8.3 edging towards what seems to be either a Black Empire or Shadowlands type expansion. I don't see this concluding with a raid against Sylvanas. If anything, we're probably going to end this with N'zoth, and they literally write Sylvanas as the Gul'dan/Garrosh type villain that leads us into the next expansion. If there's any class that has a bone to pick with Sylvanas, it would be those Night Elves that she raised after War of Thorns and the former Banshee Loyalists who are still with the Horde. Then there's the countless others that are being hinted at for 8.3's conclusion.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-24 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    You're just completely nuts. You're literally going "hurr durr, the only similarity is the bow" ignoring the fact that the original Dark Ranger LITERALLY CREATED THE DARK RANGERS ACCORDING TO HER RANGER TRAINING.

I'm done, no use arguing with people being willingly ignorant.
    Well we could say the same about you going "hurr durr, they both use hunter tactics so they are the same" ignoring the fact that DR use DEATH while hunters use NATURE. and the fact that DR can use a lot more spells than just some magical arrows.

You only focus on what makes them similar while never trying to see their differences. And you call us ignorant when we can both see the similarities AND the differences.

We're not trying to debate the World War 3. We're discussing about how we COULD make Dark Rangers as a class. And you're there like throwing tantrum and repeating the same argument over and over when people clearly see your argument as invalid.

Even if you continue to repeat said argument we see MORE than just that we will never be satisfied with just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Well we could say the same about you going "hurr durr, they both use hunter tactics so they are the same" ignoring the fact that DR use DEATH while hunters use NATURE. and the fact that DR can use a lot more spells than just some magical arrows.

You only focus on what makes them similar while never trying to see their differences. And you call us ignorant when we can both see the similarities AND the differences.

We're not trying to debate the World War 3. We're discussing about how we COULD make Dark Rangers as a class. And you're there like throwing tantrum and repeating the same argument over and over when people clearly see your argument as invalid.

Even if you continue to repeat said argument we see MORE than just that we will never be satisfied with just that.
    Not all Hunters use nature. They certainly add to some of it. You think Hemet is very focused on nature? The fact is their baseline abilities, what their playstyle would revolve around, is the same tactics and style a hunter would, just with a bit of necrotic magic.

Like if you had a concept that played and filled the exact same niche as tactics as a rogue, but they used frost instead of poisons, are you saying that wouldn't fit as a rogue spec?

There's nothing "invalid" about pointing out that a Dark Range

1) Has origins in Hunter skills.

2) Fits into the same niche as hunter.

3) Is literally in the game joining the Hunter class hall.

And people are saying it's impossible as a spec.

I have not ONCE said that it couldn't be a class. I've stated that why would it if it fits in with Hunter and Blizzard could easily add it there instead?
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-09-24 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Not all Hunters use nature. They certainly add to some of it. You think Hemet is very focused on nature? The fact is their baseline abilities, what their playstyle would revolve around, is the same tactics and style a hunter would, just with a bit of necrotic magic.

Like if you had a concept that played and filled the exact same niche as tactics as a rogue, but they used frost instead of poisons, are you saying that wouldn't fit as a rogue spec?
    But there's a clear difference here.

If you have a 4th Hunter spec that uses Necrotic damage, is Necromancy themed with Black Arrow, Dark Minions, etc; then that can all fit the Hunter class. And we can call it by its spec name. Unholy Hunter, or Undeath Hunter, or even Dark(ness) Hunter. Yet there is no reason to call this a Dark Ranger, because that isn't what it is. A Dark Ranger is not a Gnome Hunter that decides to spec into Unholy magic. Yet you can totally have a Gnome take up an Unholy Hunter spec, and that would make sense because like you said, it's a specialization.

If a Rogue uses Frost in a new spec, then it would be a Frost Rogue. You wouldn't call this spec by the name of another potential class though, you would refer to this as a Frost Rogue. No matter what, this is still a Rogue.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-24 at 11:28 PM.

so does fighting with daggers and throwing blasts of death magic still fit the hunter´s theme??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Specs aren't about abilities, they're about concepts, and a healer spec does not fit the dark ranger, like it didn't fit the demon hunter.
    Actually it fits quite well for the demon hunter class. The demon hunter is supposed to be self sufficient and illidans elite troops. How can illidan have elite troops witjout having a proper healer to keep his troops alive against the endless legion?

Well u can see the remnants of a healer spec in the dps and tank spec with the usage of souls. Hell why does one demon hunter have a scythe? It was scrapped, yes, but remnants still linger.

Would be the same for dr

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    so does fighting with daggers and throwing blasts of death magic still fit the hunter´s theme??
    whatever that magic blast was, it wasn't just death magic.

thalyssra said she couldn't sense any of it. it's altered in some way. i wouldn't count this as a dark ranger ability.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I dunno. I mean, if you notice, King Mechagon has a huge cog spinning through his head. I'm sure there aren't much 'gnome' left in him, if at all, especially in the head area, for that to be possible.
    If that was the case, he would probably speak freely and open about it.. even brag about how he managed to reverse the curse and all should join( that was the plan) but that never happend because we stepped in. I think hes plan failed in the end. Now we just have the pronce leading them and having no intentions what so ever to continue hes father plans.

Imo seems quite clear he failed.

Sylvanas was never gonna be the pure archetype of a class, she, like most major actors of wow today, is unique and doesn't abide by any class system (because it's pants on head retarded bullshit and would never work in any realistic setting). As far as rangers and hunters go, having melee weapons for when you are forced into close quarter combat is natural, hunter's used to have these as well in the beginning before Blizzard changed their systems to simplify it to one weapon equiped only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Actually it fits quite well for the demon hunter class. The demon hunter is supposed to be self sufficient and illidans elite troops. How can illidan have elite troops witjout having a proper healer to keep his troops alive against the endless legion?

Well u can see the remnants of a healer spec in the dps and tank spec with the usage of souls. Hell why does one demon hunter have a scythe? It was scrapped, yes, but remnants still linger.

Would be the same for dr
    They are self sufficient by only absorbing energy from their foes, not healing others. Claiming these are the remanants of a healer spec is ludicrous to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

After this duel, all sylvi fan-boys want Dark Ranger to be a thing.)
    dual wield spec, shadow/necro spec, dark ranger spec hype.

we'll have to see what happens in 8.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    dual wield spec, shadow/necro spec, dark ranger spec hype.

we'll have to see what happens in 8.3.
    Subtlety Rogue says hello.

But yeah, she's a Banshee. I thought we established that Dark Rangers in general don't have Banshee abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    If that was the case, he would probably speak freely and open about it.. even brag about how he managed to reverse the curse and all should join( that was the plan) but that never happend because we stepped in. I think hes plan failed in the end. Now we just have the pronce leading them and having no intentions what so ever to continue hes father plans.

Imo seems quite clear he failed.
    I'm not sure he managed to actually reverse the Curse of Flesh, but he did find a way to mechanize gnomes. He did it to himself, obviously. The only wrench in his plans, so to speak, was to find a way to do it quickly and efficiently, which is what the big machine we fight to destroy in the Hard Mode fight is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Um... no, it doesn't. At all. We never saw a single demon hunter healer in all those years, and the concept of being a healer does not fit the concept used for the demon hunter. The class is about vengeance, not teamwork or protecting their allies.

Eating souls has nothing to do with a healer concept. And as for the scythe, it's a special case because the Scythe is special, able to trap the souls of the demons it kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sylvanas was never gonna be the pure archetype of a class, she, like most major actors of wow today, is unique and doesn't abide by any class system (because it's pants on head retarded bullshit and would never work in any realistic setting). As far as rangers and hunters go, having melee weapons for when you are forced into close quarter combat is natural, hunter's used to have these as well in the beginning before Blizzard changed their systems to simplify it to one weapon equiped only.

- - - Updated - - -

They are self sufficient by only absorbing energy from their foes, not healing others. Claiming these are the remanants of a healer spec is ludicrous to say the least.
    This is just sad, they are literally showing it to you in a cgi fully rendered cinematic how a dark Ranger can go melee and fight just as well with dagger as it fights with a bow and you people still deny it? Hunters dont use daggers, is just not their thing, they Will never be as proficient with close combat as silvanas was in his fuel with saurfang.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    whatever that magic blast was, it wasn't just death magic.

thalyssra said she couldn't sense any of it. it's altered in some way. i wouldn't count this as a dark ranger ability.
    Why would thalysra feel or know how death magic works??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Subtlety Rogue says hello.

But yeah, she's a Banshee. I thought we established that Dark Rangers in general don't have Banshee abilities?
    So when she turned incorporeal and passed through solid objects, why dis you think she could do that??

There is no way that they won't create a Dark Ranger class. It will happen next expac for sure. I find it stunning how people can't guess the obvious. I wish I was that naive so everything would feel like a surprise again.

About their mechanics that we don't know. I think it will be a mix between Marksman hunter/subtility rogue/shadow priest.
    Also they will have retarded mobility, use bow/crossbow and sword/daggers only (no gun). And start at level 200.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when she turned incorporeal and passed through solid objects, why dis you think she could do that??
    Again, because she's part banshee.

No other Dark Ranger is part banshee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    There is no way that they won't create a Dark Ranger class. It will happen next expac for sure. I find it stunning how people can't guess the obvious. I wish I was that naive so everything would feel like a surprise again.
    I definitely think there's a chance that the Dark Ranger becomes a class.

I would prefer a non-elf based, non-shadow using, 3 spec class though.

- - - Updated - - -

He won't be elf based. Because Nathanos (Sylvanas champion) is an undead that looks like a human. It will be using shadow. 2 or 3 specs we cant know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    He won't be elf based. Because Nathanos (Sylvanas champion) is an undead that looks like a human. It will be using shadow. 2 or 3 specs we cant know.
    Eh, I think Dark Ranger fans want a class based on Sylvanas, not Nathanos. Nathanos is just a Forsaken MM Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

If that were true (which isnt), it doesnt matter, because they will be modeled after silvanas, so every new dark Ranger will be a former Banshee and will have abilities according to that.

This can totally be a thing now. Next expansion will be death related since sylv is on the key art.

She abandoned all her troops in org which means there wikl be plenty of pissed of dark rangers who will want revenge or closure against her, meaning they train new DRs to find her.

The alliance will have the nelf DRs from darkshore to train their own DRs.

Specs will be two ranged. One based on dark archery and one based on the blight.

3rd spec will be melee duel wield daggers as shown by the finaly.

If not this then tinkers for sure.

Necromancer can just be a lock skin.

Eh, I think Dark Ranger fans want a class based on Sylvanas, not Nathanos. Nathanos is just a Forsaken MM Hunter.
    Nathanos is a dark ranger. He will certainly be the leader/trainer of dark ranger next expac. On the boat in the new battleground of BfA (on horde side), he says "is there any dark ranger here?" something like that. Which means he is linked to them.